Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- The ACC Is Our Bitch Edition

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Wyatt said Ruiz ?tweaked something?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Wyatt said Ruiz ?tweaked something?.
    Appreciate the info hadn't heard anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. Leach told Will to stop checking everything down.
    Leach crawled his ass in the 4th quarter when he threw a check down to Johnson for virtually nothing when we had Polk (I think) wide ass open down field. He's gotta start seeing the field better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Leach crawled his ass in the 4th quarter when he threw a check down to Johnson for virtually nothing when we had Polk (I think) wide ass open down field. He's gotta start seeing the field better.
    I wonder if Will watching Costello throw so many ints last year has him thinking "don't throw a int" so he's being to conservative. Just a thought but heck watching Costello throw all those ints traumatized me!

vCash
    If I remember right last night Leach pulled Will aside and took him behind the players to talk to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    If I remember right last night Leach pulled Will aside and took him behind the players to talk to him.
    Yes he did. Thing is leach always looks very calm when explaining stuff on the sideline in game which is super important for a young qb. Leach saves the fiery stuff for behind closed doors and I know from someone who's experienced it that he can be as fiery as Saban when needed.

vCash
    6-6
    Hopefully, is what I see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yes he did. Thing is leach always looks very calm when explaining stuff on the sideline in game which is super important for a young qb. Leach saves the fiery stuff for behind closed doors and I know from someone who's experienced it that he can be as fiery as Saban when needed.
    Yeah that's the impression I got because it showed Leach just talking to him. I have no doubt Leach can rip someone a new one in house when needed.

vCash
    That Texas A&M backup stared down his receivers hardcore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    That Texas A&M backup stared down his receivers hardcore.
    He was bad. Jimbo better hope that was jitters if king is out long.

vCash
    King is out for the rest of the season I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    King is out for the rest of the season I think.
    Boy, that stings for them. They may have to make the move to the freshman, stowers. No idea if he's a viable option, but the kid yesterday has a ways to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Shoulda been "Crow Eating Edition".
    Good one!

vCash
    Everybody talks about Will not having a strong arm. Yesterday, I didn't see any long, downfield passes but on the short ones, 20 yards or less, looked to me like he was throwing bullets and throwing them accruately as well.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Everybody talks about Will not having a strong arm. Yesterday, I didn't see any long, downfield passes but on the short ones, 20 yards or less, looked to me like he was throwing bullets and throwing them accruately as well.
    His inaccuracies on those bullets cost us a major first down in the first drive of the game and a touchdown on the throw where the guy had to dive to make what should have been a routine back yard catch.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    His inaccuracies on those bullets cost us a major first down in the first drive of the game and a touchdown on the throw where the guy had to dive to make what should have been a routine back yard catch.
    Bigger named, "more talented" QB's made "bad completions" too I bet. Will's doing a good job going from boy to man these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I didn't see any real lasers last night. Weak pass out to #6 on the sideline bout got his head taken off. And yes, Will left about 100 more passing yards of offense on the field with 2 bad passes. First drive of the game on third down Walley had a pasture in front of him. And so did D Johnson when Will made him dive for what should have been an easy completion. Will possibly could have TDs on both of those. Walley's would have been a dagger to score on the first offensive possession after the opening kickoff! Will needs to make steady improvement every week.
    Edit: Will also through a bad pass to Polk on what should have been a TD and bout got him killed(I also thought he was a defenseless receiver on that hit, but who knows).
    Last edited by Bdawg; 09-12-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Bigger named, "more talented" QB's made "bad completions" too I bet. Will's doing a good job going from boy to man these days.
    He lead the offense to 17 points. That isn’t a good job. Our defense is outstanding and I hope Will gets better but he’s not very good right now. You can keep pointing to stats when we throw it 50 times or more every game if you’d like to but that doesn’t make you any less wrong. We are bad on offense at 1 position right now and hopefully it gets better in the coming weeks. No one wants to be wrong about Will Rogers more than I want to be wrong about Will Rogers but he has played poorly the last 2 weeks. I look forward to the stats that are sure to follow this post to try and disprove that but you are wrong. He is an issue. A big one at the moment. He had all day to throw the ball all night and we scored 17 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I didn't see any real lasers last night. Weak pass out to #6 on the sideline bout got his head taken off. And yes, Will left about 100 more passing yards of offense on the field with 2 bad passes. First drive of the game on third down Walley had a pasture in front of him. And so did D Johnson when Will made him dive for what should have been an easy completion. Will possibly could have TDs on both of those. Walley's would have been a dagger to score on the first offensive possession after the opening kickoff! Will needs to make steady improvement every week.
    Edit: Will also through a bad pass to Polk on what should have been a TD and bout got him killed(I also thought he was a defenseless receiver on that hit, but who knows).
    Yep, maybe 14pts if pass was on target but no QB is perfect, those two just looked real bad.

Agree on Polk and defenseless player. If that ever should have been called that was it. Player safety took a backseat on that play. I don't want to hear that BS anymore.

While on officiating, NC State got away with a major hold while in endzone that would have been a safety for us. I was sitting on that end right above where it happened. NCstate OL took our DL down from behind to save the safety.

Banned
    vCash
    He lead the offense to 17 points. That isn’t a good job. Our defense is outstanding and I hope Will gets better but he’s not very good right now. You can keep pointing to stats when we throw it 50 times or more every game if you’d like to but that doesn’t make you any less wrong. We are bad on offense at 1 position right now and hopefully it gets better in the coming weeks. No one wants to be wrong about Will Rogers more than I want to be wrong about Will Rogers but he has played poorly the last 2 weeks. I look forward to the stats that are sure to follow this post to try and disprove that but you are wrong. He is an issue. A big one at the moment. He had all day to throw the ball all night and we scored 17 points.
    Let's see a game where we give him 3.75 yds per or more on the ground.