Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- The ACC Is Our Bitch Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- The ACC Is Our Bitch Edition

1. Seafood Saturday was a success. Boiled blue crabs, shrimp, onion, corn, sausage, and potatoes really hit the spot. Great meal to go with a great day of football.

2. Good win for us. Beat a team that's very likely to be bowl bound this season. 2-0 now as we head to Mempho for an OOC they will be fired up to play.

3. Returning the KO pretty much set the tone for the game and they didnt recover. You could see the "oh shit" look on alot of their faces. Not sure what to make of our punter getting the shanks tho. He wasnt pressured or had one blocked or anything. Had plenty of time and just shanked a couple. Very unusual for it to happen a 2nd time.

4. aGAIN- our QB is a placeholder until someone else is ready. Stop waiting for a window and take off a few times a game. Not a whole lot to say here except it's probably fairly tough playing QB in this garbage offense. This version of the Air Raid is Wishbone 2020. 13 more catches by the RB's this week- the wishbone version of the FB dive. 17 offensive points this week against a decent D. How bad was the offense? NC State had more yards than us and our defense dominated. Our Wishbone 2020 offense does burn clock and hold the ball though.

5. Marks got his playing time cut after a really good opener. Not sure why that happened. 15 carries for 22 yards for the duo. 13 dumpoffs for 98 yards. Decent production.

6. Passpro was solid. Only 1 real sack out of 51 pass plays. Couple of holds and false starts. Group played solid football.

7. Defensive gameplan was about as good as it could be. NC State's offensive gameplan was garbage. Run left and throw quick to the outside that was about it. They had a little success running the counter but didnt come back to it. They had 51 passes to 25 runs and thats not who they are. Excellent job by our DC for forcing them out of being who they are. We also did a good job of punishing their ass when we tackled.

8. The confusion we create with all the different looks is outstanding. I love when you force teams into all this check with me BS. Keep those linemen in that stance longer. Burn those legs.

9. Speaking of- JoVester loves him some Big Ten defenses doesnt he?

10. Other than our good win how about UPig and Kentucky? Both of them are improved over last year. Kentucky finally has a QB and UPig is very physical. They have the UPig version of Chris Relf playing QB and they are going to RTGDF. A&M may have lost their starting QB but their back-up looked solid in the 4th. Looks like we will go 4-0 OOC. We aint beating Bammer. Likely wont win at Auburn. That leaves 6 toss-ups to fight out this season. Our D will play hard and its up to Wishbone2020 to get some points.

HailState/GTHOM
    Last edited by Coach34; 09-12-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    With Vanderbilt and Tennessee State being autowins, you're saying we're only winning 1 out of NC State, Memphis, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Ole Miss? That sounds far-fetched.
    You will understand better next Saturday.
    I do understand much better that we are bowl bound and now playing for a major one!

vCash
    Glad you found your 2021 slogan.

And if you averaged 6 yards a rush, in the wishbone, you'd take that every day.

vCash
    I do understand much better that we are bowl bound and now playing for a major one!
    Yep.

vCash
    Additional analysis request:
    1. How much money did you lose betting against us?
    2. How did Bishop Sycamore fare this week?

#9 is legit - I hope leach is paying attention to how well joe fairs in other leagues compare to how he did here and realizes he better adjust

vCash
    The more things change the more they stay the same…as I said in a previous thread the way the game unfolded was classic state.

I will say that the more the pass protection improved the more Rogers inadequacies are apparent. But he can still lead us to a bowl and I hope he can improve on some things allowing us take a further step up this season. Time will tell.

Based on what I saw last night the scheme wasn’t the problem offensively as much as execution when we had the chance for a big play.

vCash
    Major would imply 9 wins at minimum. We ain't winning 9. I don't see 8 really but we'll see on that one. Still see 6 maybe 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Major would imply 9 wins at minimum. We ain't winning 9. I don't see 8 really but we'll see on that one. Still see 6 maybe 7.
    I believe we get to 7 outside shot at 8 if the offense gets more consistent but we'll be bowling again and keep the streak alive.

vCash
    It's kinda arbitrary because there's no "official" list of major and minor bowls, but I would say we played in a major bowl after going 8-4 in 2010, 2017, and 2018.

But you could also say that major is either NY6 or the Citrus Bowl, and the next 6 aren't major.

Either way, I think 8-4 is very plausible, with Vandy and Tennessee State getting us to 4, and then 4 out of Memphis, LSU, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. Or all 5 to get to 9-3.

And who knows about Texas A&M. Colorado is almost certainly worse than us, but I don't have it as a win (yet).

Banned
    vCash
    Shoulda been "Crow Eating Edition".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I believe we get to 7 outside shot at 8 if the offense gets more consistent but we'll be bowling again and keep the streak alive.
    I can see this one being maybe 50/50 shot.

vCash
    It's kinda arbitrary because there's no "official" list of major and minor bowls, but I would say we played in a major bowl after going 8-4 in 2010, 2017, and 2018.

But you could also say that major is either NY6 or the Citrus Bowl, and the next 6 aren't major.

Either way, I think 8-4 is very plausible, with Vandy and Tennessee State getting us to 4, and then 4 out of Memphis, LSU, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. Or all 5 to get to 9-3.

And who knows about Texas A&M. Colorado is almost certainly worse than us, but I don't have it as a win (yet).
    I kinda consider your 1st sentence when I'm thinking major bowls. I do think we should get to bowl. Right now (and it's still a little early) I'm sticking with 7 probably +/- one win/loss. We have a lot to improve on right now IMO. Better clean a lot of stuff up or else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Additional analysis request:
    1. How much money did you lose betting against us?
    2. How did Bishop Sycamore fare this week?

#9 is legit - I hope leach is paying attention to how well joe fairs in other leagues compare to how he did here and realizes he better adjust
    1. Dropped $50 on us. The killer yesterday was UPig. Had Texas in my big teaser with Liberty and Kentucky. Then they killed my parlay with Iowa, Kentucky, and Liberty.

2. We still working to get better.

9. Yep. The SEC is just different
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    After the first quarter we out gained them by a sizable margin. Thought some good adjustments were made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    After the first quarter we out gained them by a sizable margin. Thought some good adjustments were made.
    Yeah. Leach told Will to stop checking everything down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That is basically it

vCash
    I kinda consider your 1st sentence when I'm thinking major bowls. I do think we should get to bowl. Right now (and it's still a little early) I'm sticking with 7 probably +/- one win/loss. We have a lot to improve on right now IMO. Better clean a lot of stuff up or else.
    Yeah we definitely got a lot to cleanup but it's a whole lot better cleaning it up at 2-0. If we eliminate the stupid penalties it would go a long way in helping our offense not kill drives. We have shot ourselves in the foot on so many promising drives already this year. One promising note the ol looked much better last night but wills got to make quicker decisions and take off every now and then too. Protection was definitely not the problem last night.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Dumb question alert: does that mean less looking at other receivers prior to going to primary target?

vCash
    Does anyone know what happened to Ruiz?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Ruiz?
    I think it's Will's fault**