Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- The ACC Is Our Bitch Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep, maybe 14pts if pass was on target but no QB is perfect, those two just looked real bad.

Agree on Polk and defenseless player. If that ever should have been called that was it. Player safety took a backseat on that play. I don't want to hear that BS anymore.

While on officiating, NC State got away with a major hold while in endzone that would have been a safety for us. I was sitting on that end right above where it happened. NCstate OL took our DL down from behind to save the safety.
    Officiating was pathetic last night. Nc state was holding on every play in the 4th quarter because their ol was getting beat and wore down and not one single holding. And you're right we should've had a safety because 93 got mugged or he would've had a sack.

vCash
    Yep, maybe 14pts if pass was on target but no QB is perfect, those two just looked real bad.

Agree on Polk and defenseless player. If that ever should have been called that was it. Player safety took a backseat on that play. I don't want to hear that BS anymore.

While on officiating, NC State got away with a major hold while in endzone that would have been a safety for us. I was sitting on that end right above where it happened. NCstate OL took our DL down from behind to save the safety.
    Yeah no one is perfect but I bet Will is really kicking himself on those two throws. And I only pointed out the negative. He had some positives as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

4. aGAIN- our QB is a placeholder until someone else is ready. Stop waiting for a window and take off a few times a game. Not a whole lot to say here except it's probably fairly tough playing QB in this garbage offense. This version of the Air Raid is Wishbone 2020. 13 more catches by the RB's this week- the wishbone version of the FB dive. 17 offensive points this week against a decent D. How bad was the offense? NC State had more yards than us and our defense dominated. Our Wishbone 2020 offense does burn clock and hold the ball though.
    I agree with you about the QB being a placeholder. We need a gunslinger who is going to take more chances down the field. Maybe that's Robertson.

The rest of this take is hot garbage, and I'd expect better from someone who allegedly knows something about football.

This offense is nothing like the wishbone. I saw that article in the NC newspaper, too. It was stupid when he said it, and it's stupid when you came here and repeated it. It's far more complex and and on an order of magnitude far more explosive than the wishbone. If our QB would push the ball downfield, we would have more success. Your take about total yardage is foolish considering they got almost 100 of it at the end of the game when we were playing prevent defense, and your take about holding the ball and burning clock is foolish considering we won the time of possession. I would love for us to be more explosive offensively but our issues are QB and offensive line play.

vCash
    1. Seafood Saturday was a success. Boiled blue crabs, shrimp, onion, corn, sausage, and potatoes really hit the spot. Great meal to go with a great day of football.

2. Good win for us. Beat a team that's very likely to be bowl bound this season. 2-0 now as we head to Mempho for an OOC they will be fired up to play.

3. Returning the KO pretty much set the tone for the game and they didnt recover. You could see the "oh shit" look on alot of their faces. Not sure what to make of our punter getting the shanks tho. He wasnt pressured or had one blocked or anything. Had plenty of time and just shanked a couple. Very unusual for it to happen a 2nd time.

4. aGAIN- our QB is a placeholder until someone else is ready. Stop waiting for a window and take off a few times a game. Not a whole lot to say here except it's probably fairly tough playing QB in this garbage offense. This version of the Air Raid is Wishbone 2020. 13 more catches by the RB's this week- the wishbone version of the FB dive. 17 offensive points this week against a decent D. How bad was the offense? NC State had more yards than us and our defense dominated. Our Wishbone 2020 offense does burn clock and hold the ball though.

5. Marks got his playing time cut after a really good opener. Not sure why that happened. 15 carries for 22 yards for the duo. 13 dumpoffs for 98 yards. Decent production.

6. Passpro was solid. Only 1 real sack out of 51 pass plays. Couple of holds and false starts. Group played solid football.

7. Defensive gameplan was about as good as it could be. NC State's offensive gameplan was garbage. Run left and throw quick to the outside that was about it. They had a little success running the counter but didnt come back to it. They had 51 passes to 25 runs and thats not who they are. Excellent job by our DC for forcing them out of being who they are. We also did a good job of punishing their ass when we tackled.

8. The confusion we create with all the different looks is outstanding. I love when you force teams into all this check with me BS. Keep those linemen in that stance longer. Burn those legs.

9. Speaking of- JoVester loves him some Big Ten defenses doesnt he?

10. Other than our good win how about UPig and Kentucky? Both of them are improved over last year. Kentucky finally has a QB and UPig is very physical. They have the UPig version of Chris Relf playing QB and they are going to RTGDF. A&M may have lost their starting QB but their back-up looked solid in the 4th. Looks like we will go 4-0 OOC. We aint beating Bammer. Likely wont win at Auburn. That leaves 6 toss-ups to fight out this season. Our D will play hard and its up to Wishbone2020 to get some points.

HailState/GTHOM
    Agree with all great post
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Officiating was pathetic last night. Nc state was holding on every play in the 4th quarter because their ol was getting beat and wore down and not one single holding. And you're right we should've had a safety because 93 got mugged or he would've had a sack.
    Also, was just watching the replay and while 99 was pretty active for them on the D line, he absolutely had a hand full of Charles Cross' facemask and ripped his helmet off. Cross definitely had a beef!!

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    You lost money because you know exactly dick about gambling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Also, was just watching the replay and while 99 was pretty active for them on the D line, he absolutely had a hand full of Charles Cross' facemask and ripped his helmet off. Cross definitely had a beef!!
    Oh yeah forgot about that one. That's the only reason Cross helmet came off it was ripped off and no call. Almost as bad as the 2001 byu game.

vCash
    Oh yeah forgot about that one. That's the only reason Cross helmet came off it was ripped off and no call. Almost as bad as the 2001 byu game.
    Lashley's holding call looked BS on replay too. It was right after Polk took the shot in the endzone. Lashey blocked him solid for 4 second. Then the guy started working around and basically fell down. Terrible. Seemed a little biased to say the least.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Let's see a game where we give him 3.75 yds per or more on the ground.
    Our ground game had little to do with it. The only time that really matters is when they are getting pressure because they don’t fear the run and they are pinning their ears back. They knew we couldn’t run last night and they pinned their ears back and Will Rogers had all day to throw anyway. He sat and sat and sat and still could only muster 17 points against a predominantly zone look. That has to get a lot better.

vCash
    The worst one I saw was Tucker Day getting run into and the guy not only ran into him- he ran into his leg and there was no call. Leach was pretty livid about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Leach crawled his ass in the 4th quarter when he threw a check down to Johnson for virtually nothing when we had Polk (I think) wide ass open down field. He's gotta start seeing the field better.
    Good. That's one thing I like about Leach. He's not going to put up with that for long. Although if Abraham is out...

vCash

Yep. If they are not going to cut out the free shots on defenseless wide receivers after the ball is past them, then they're really not trying to do much beyond look like they are doing something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Shoulda been "Crow Eating Edition".
    That dumb ass lost money betting against MSU and still thinks he's right. He's not coaching at Bishop Sycamore, he's begging them for a job.

vCash
    calm down Waterboy.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

A lot talking on OOB this morning about NC State not getting called for shit - the unnecessary shot on Polk, blatantly holding a receiver in the endzone - and us getting called for a couple holds that were iffy when we had a drive going. Bo said he saw the line judge on the NC State side laughing it up and joking with their coaches in between plays. He's the guy that threw the vast majority of the flags on us.

vCash
    calm down Waterboy.
    Tell us more about how well you're doing this season playing Madden in "coach mode". Loser.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    You lost money because you know exactly dick about gambling
    I actually picked up a hundred or so vcash dollars - thanks Jack! In my case you are right, I know exactly **** about gambling! Keep the tips coming!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Tell us more about how well you're doing this season playing Madden in "coach mode". Loser.
    hahaha- little monkey flinging shit around the cage.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    'Great' call .. just missed it by 24+ points!

Coach34 said:
    09-05-2021 07:24
    I think NC State is at least 10 points better than us
    Just out here kicking rocks
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I actually picked up a hundred or so vcash dollars - thanks Jack! In my case you are right, I know exactly **** about gambling! Keep the tips coming!!!
    That comment wasn't directed towards you. But...

87% of all bets were on NC State and yet the line still moved 3 points our way. Sharp money was HUGE on us, and the line absolutely stunk from the moment it was posted.

With all that being said, brace yourself for a loss at Memphis this weekend