Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boring night at work, so some thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    We scored 17 pts from our offense against an average team.

Oh btw, SE Louisiana just threw for 495 yards against LaTech last night. Guess they didn?t get the memo about all the LaTech transfers

Couple of points.

MSU team scored 24 and only gave up 10.

Tulu is an 'offensive weapon'

I do think that O 'let up' in the 4th quarter when ahead but could have scored more!

Both O & D played better! OL looked better short of penalties.

I thought La Tech won. Not pretty but a win none the less.

We are 2-0, undefeated and lot if teams 'wish' they were in our place.

If you're looking for pretty, pick another team.

But, think this team is going to be better than what it was 'picked' to be.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who you think is the better qb?
    The 5th year Senior is currently a better QB than the true Sophomore after having 25 starts plus 4 games played as a Freshman vs. 8 starts plus 3 games played.

Water is also wet, in case you were wondering.

EDIT: Sorry, Corral is a Junior this season. For some reason I thought I remembered him playing in 2016 but that was the other lunatic they slobbered all over. They tend to blur after awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    But now folks are saying be happy with 7 wins, maybe 8. We?ll that?s where we were before. Talk about goalposts moving.
    Wait, thought that coach 'played us' for a better job and LEFT. Coach Leach replaced Joe Mo. You want HIM back?
    Last edited by BiscuitEater; 09-12-2021 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't blame Will for all this - most on Leach. Will is executing the O.
    1st quarter was 'totally' on will. He missed wide open WRs, his throws were 'off!' He held the ball way too long. Please explain 'how' that's 'on Leach!'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    The 5th year Senior is currently a better QB than the true Sophomore after having 25 starts plus 4 games played as a Freshman vs. 8 starts plus 3 games played.

Water is also wet, in case you were wondering.

EDIT: Sorry, Corral is a Junior this season. For some reason I thought I remembered him playing in 2016 but that was the other lunatic they slobbered all over. They tend to blur after awhile.
    Corral will always be better bc God blessed him with more arm and athleticism

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    1st quarter was 'totally' on will. He missed wide open WRs, his throws were 'off!' He held the ball way too long. Please explain 'how' that's 'on Leach!'
    I agree and think Will needs to improve his accuracy, regardless of his completion %. Receivers are catching the ball well but there's been quite a few balls that are off-target where they should've been thrown, which has killed the YAC at times. He's also not going thru his progressions post-snap fast enough IMO. I get that he's young and still learning tho.

vCash
    msugolf's point remains... we blew it up to attempt for more, but now, we just want what we had
    Please explain 'how' we blew it up to attempt for more.

Mullen wasn't fired, he left. We hired Joe to attempt same type O which failed!

Mullen AIN'T coming back! Get over it!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Please explain 'how' we blew it up to attempt for more.

Mullen wasn't fired, he left. We hired Joe to attempt same type O which failed!

Mullen AIN'T coming back! Get over it!
    We went from a run-first power spread team to a pass first team. When did I mention mullen? Moorhead's style wasn't the problem... it was his shitty coaching. I'd have preferred to stay with a more run oriented team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Go look at the prediction thread. The majority of people picked NC state. The most lighting rod poster on here, and arguably the most football knowledgeable person, picked nc state to roll and said they would battle Clemson for the ACC.
    Yep this is 100% truth

vCash
    We went from a run-first power spread team to a pass first team. When did I mention mullen? Moorhead's style wasn't the problem... it was his shitty coaching. I'd have preferred to stay with a more run oriented team
    So instead of a running back rushing for 6 yards we have a QB dumping it off to the running back for 6 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    So instead of a running back rushing for 6 yards we have a QB dumping it off to the running back for 6 yards.
    Yeah a lot of folks are starting to sound like the group at the barbershop in Hoosiers when they were all telling Coach Dale how they've always done it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We're getting 6 yds/play, and we have the least 1st downs in the sec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I agree and think Will needs to improve his accuracy, regardless of his completion %. Receivers are catching the ball well but there's been quite a few balls that are off-target where they should've been thrown, which has killed the YAC at times. He's also not going thru his progressions post-snap fast enough IMO. I get that he's young and still learning tho.
    This big time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Come back and year end and see where that stands. BTW you know why yesterday? Many teams played cupcakes so the starting QB only played 2 quarters.
    Damn Dude. Just damn.

Banned
    vCash
    We're getting 6 yds/play, and we have the least 1st downs in the sec.
    Digging hard and deep on that one, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Digging hard and deep on that one, no?
    Total offense: 10th
    Scoring off: 12th
    3rd down conv %: 14th

vCash
    Seriously?

This is Leach's O. He has been coaching Will for 2 years. If Will ain't doing what Leach wants he can put a guy in that will.

No QB will play perfect, if Will or any QB must play perfect then Leach's system won't work. Will did better than most, it ain't on Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Damn Dude. Just damn.
    What was so bad? No insult on anyone.

Just stating my opinion that I bet the Vegas odds makers would be in my favor on.

You disagree? OK

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Total offense: 10th
    Scoring off: 12th
    3rd down conv %: 14th
    Is that in the country or is that in the sec?

vCash
    Yep the HC don't play, same on every team but the HC puts his players in a position to win, if not he plays someone else if they don't do as he instructs. Will is executing Leach's O on a macro scale, not mircro meaning every single piece perfectly every move but he is doing good, just like Leach says.90% of what you see is what Leach wants.