Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boring night at work, so some thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    2 more yards than corral, and corral has 31 less attempts.
    And is a first round draft pick who is a senior with a cannon in an offense that attacks vertically. Will has none of that. Nobody thinks will is remotely on corral's level. Also corral played an FCS opponent.

vCash
    Damn, strong. To be fair, I didnt hate the leach hire at all, but I am praying now we can get back to where we were just using a completely different offense
    Mullen averaged 7.1-4.9 regular season record. I think we'd all sign up for that average today with leach or anybody else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Dude, you HATE Leach. That's it. Quit being a sore ass b/c we beat a good P5 team.

Who had the better level of competition?
    I don?t hate Leach at all. I hate his offense. The people who have been enamored with him for years just can?t see the forest for the trees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And you are so fixated on a single stat it's pathetic. Let me do some quick math for you. If your primary goal is to generate first downs and go 10 yards within 3 plays so you keep moving the ball downfield, is 6 ypa enough to do that? 6+6+6 = 18, so the odds are in our favor - especially when you are completing 70%+ of those passes. And, Leach's QBs have shown for over 20 years that it is - because averages in the 6s is pretty common for his QBs. If our RBs averaged 6 yards an attempt, people would be jizzing all over themselves about how awesome we are - regardless of our W/L because running is all we've ever known (go look at our stats and see how many times we've averaged 6.0 ypc and you'll see a lot of Ls)

Will is a work in progress - no doubt - but this is a different way of playing football. You are going to have to get used to a few stats being different then what you perceive as "right" or "best".
    Yards per play should be looked at instead of yards per pass attempt or per rush. I'm not sure how that measures up to others. Prob not favorably

vCash
    We're dead last in the sec in 1st downs and 3rd down conv %. Explain that professor
    As I said, a work in progress - and I think those are legit concerns. But not all of that is on Will either. Some of that is from our lack of effective run blocking, some on the penalties, some of Wills decision making. My point was continually fixating on a single stat - especially THE stat that we know stays in a limited range in a Leach offense is just dumb. Last season, I think Will being in the 4s showed there was an issue based on typical Leach QB stats. So far, he's now gotten to a typical Leach QB level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Mullen averaged 7.1-4.9 regular season record. I think we'd all sign up for that average today with leach or anybody else.
    I would. msugolf's point remains... we blew it up to attempt for more, but now, we just want what we had

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    As I said, a work in progress - and I think those are legit concerns. But not all of that is on Will either. Some of that is from our lack of effective run blocking, some on the penalties, some of Wills decision making. My point was continually fixating on a single stat - especially THE stat that we know stays in a limited range in a Leach offense is just dumb. Last season, I think Will being in the 4s showed there was an issue based on typical Leach QB stats. So far, he's now gotten to a typical Leach QB level.
    I brought up yds/pass in this instance bc y'all were saying he leads the sec in passing yards. You don't think that's a valid stat when touring a qb as the yardage leader?

vCash
    I would. msugolf's point remains... we blew it up to attempt for more, but now, we just want what we had
    Who said we blew it up to attempt for more?
    We wanted to have more of a passing attack sure, but I don't think there was any talk of this would make us a yearly 9-3 team instead of a 7-5 team.

Leach is going to be a wild ride. We will win games we are not supposed to like last night, and also lose some or look like crap in games we should win (see last week).
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-12-2021 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    BTW, SELA qb yesterday vs la tech...

44/59 (.746) 495 yds 8.4 per att
    3 td 2 int
    BTW SE LA lost yesterday to LA Tech...

vCash
    I brought up yds/pass in this instance bc y'all were saying he leads the sec in passing yards. You don't think that's a valid stat when touring a qb as the yardage leader?
    I think the thing to look at is are we meeting metrics similar to successful Leach offenses - a good Leach offense should produce someone either at or close to the top in the conference in passing yards; a top Leach offense produces someone near or at the top nationally in yardage. No one else in the SEC runs this offense so comparing it isn't as straight forward.

vCash
    How did we "blow it up" when Mullen left us?

We hired an up and coming OC to replace Mullen (that is getting run again to be a HC after the way Oregon played), then when JoMo failed, got a 20 year experienced power 5, 2x coach of the year, coach.

We "blew it up to attempt for more" than we had under JoMo's 8-5, 6-7 record

Which coach would have been a better hire for us than Leach?

That you don't like his offense is a personal issue. It has worked for 20 years in Power 5 conferences. With teams worse than MSU that would take him back in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    BTW SE LA lost yesterday to LA Tech...
    Great job by them...

I'm more interested in the offensive stats bc I'm trying to judge where our offense is. Against LA Tech...
    State:
    1st downs - 22
    Rushing yds- 65 (3.4 per)
    Passing tds - 370 (7.9 per)
    Total yds - 434 (6.6 per)

SELa:
    1st downs - 32
    Rushing - 103 (3.8 per)
    Passing - 495 (8.4 per)
    Total - 598 (7.0 per)

vCash
    Great job by them...

I'm more interested in the offensive stats bc I'm trying to judge where our offense is. Against LA Tech...
    State:
    1st downs - 22

SELa:
    1st downs - 32
    Rushing - 103 (3.8 per)
    Passing - 495 (8.4 per)
    Total - 598 (7.0 per)
    And lost....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    And lost....
    Again, great win by la tech by 3. I tried to see how SELa did the previous week offensively, but CFB stats doesn't list them

vCash
    Great job by them...

State:
    1st downs - 22

SELa:
    1st downs - 32
    Rushing - 103 (3.8 per)
    Passing - 495 (8.4 per)
    Total - 598 (7.0 per)
    The yards per play is interesting.

Any idea what leach's offense historically has averaged yards per play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The yards per play is interesting.

Any idea what leach's offense historically has averaged yards per play?
    Last 3 years at WSU (19-17)

He's usually really good at 3rd down % though (Same years)...

Here's our 3rd down % the last 2 years (20-21)...

If you gonna be low in yds/play, you have to kill jt on 3rd

vCash
    Who you think is the better qb?
    Do you remember Corral as a sophomore- it wasn't even close, let alone his mental issues

vCash
    Leach now owns the largest come from behind wins in history of all 3 schools where he's been a head coach.... I'm for letting him go another year or two... starting all over again is depressing to think about
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    SELa VS North Alabama
    Passed for 263 yards on 30-42 passes (8.76)
    Ran for 232 on 35 carries (6.63)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Leach now owns the largest come from behind wins in history of all 3 schools where he's been a head coach.... I'm for letting him go another year or two... starting all over again is depressing to think about
    In no way am I saying fire him.