Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring night at work, so some thoughts?

vCash

Speaking of Ruiz

What happened to him? Did he get hurt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    After 2 games Will leads the SEC in attempts, completions, completion %, total yards, yards per game, and is tied for 3rd in TDs.

Nationally - he is 3rd in attempts, 1st in completions, 5th in comp %, 11th in total yards, and 9th in yards per game.

So, yeah I think you are right.
    Heck, where is our Will for heisman campaign?

I don't blame Will for all this - most on Leach. Will is executing the O.

vCash
    Well, Tennessee's QBs combined for 22/35 for a 5.3 average; and the QB for your beloved Fighting Jimbos went 18/38 for 4.8, so he was at least better than those 2.
    And I bashed jimbo and their qbs yesterday. It was pathetic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    TAMU will implode when they play some real teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    TAMU will implode when they play some real teams.
    If they don't get improved qb play. Their defense is really damn good

vCash
    No everyone did not. NCState is a good team but that is it. They are better than Vandy, Mizzouo and USC and that is it. Them and UK are similar.

Question for you, is 17 good enough?
    17 was good enough to win. I'll take it.

vCash
    After 2 games Will leads the SEC in attempts, completions, completion %, total yards, yards per game, and is tied for 3rd in TDs.

Nationally - he is 3rd in attempts, 1st in completions, 5th in comp %, 11th in total yards, and 9th in yards per game.

So, yeah I think you are right.
    2 more yards than corral, and corral has 31 less attempts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Move those goalposts.

Y'all built up NC State to be the damn '85 Bears all week. Now they suck cause Leach beat 'em.
    Think you?ve grouped me with the wrong folks there chief. I never propped them up?I knew they were nothing more than a poor man?s Kentucky all along.

But y?all keep worshipping Leach and his 6 play playbook. We?re definitely on the right track of competing at the top of the sec with this prolific passing attack that hasn?t changed in 20 years. Isn?t that the reason we switched to it? Because all I?ve heard is ?we?ve never won anything by running the ball.?

But now folks are saying be happy with 7 wins, maybe 8. We?ll that?s where we were before. Talk about goalposts moving.

Yeah let?s blow up the program to try something completely different so we can hopefully get us right back to where we were. Great plan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    What happened to him? Did he get hurt?
    I was wondering the same. Ruiz was amazing last year. Also, anyone know if Polk was able to go back in after taking that hit in the end zone?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Ruiz tweaked something per Wyatt. He kicked the PAT first half. Did not suit up after half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post

Yeah let?s blow up the program to try something completely different so we can hopefully get us right back to where we were. Great plan
    Damn, strong. To be fair, I didnt hate the leach hire at all, but I am praying now we can get back to where we were just using a completely different offense

vCash
    Come back and year end and see where that stands. BTW you know why yesterday? Many teams played cupcakes so the starting QB only played 2 quarters.
    But we didn't play a cupcake. And those starting QBs played more than two quarters.

We played one of the most veteran teams in the ACC. Picked to finish 2nd in their division under Clemson. We beat them. I know you wanted us to lose so you could continue your Leach hate. I'm not sorry you were disappointed.

vCash
    Think you?ve grouped me with the wrong folks there chief. I never propped them up?I knew they were nothing more than a poor man?s Kentucky all along.

But y?all keep worshipping Leach and his 6 play playbook. We?re definitely on the right track of competing at the top of the sec with this prolific passing attack that hasn?t changed in 20 years. Isn?t that the reason we switched to it? Because all I?ve heard is ?we?ve never won anything by running the ball.?

But now folks are saying be happy with 7 wins, maybe 8. We?ll that?s where we were before. Talk about goalposts moving.

No man, I got you pegged just right.

vCash
    No everyone did not. NCState is a good team but that is it. They are better than Vandy, Mizzouo and USC and that is it. Them and UK are similar.

Question for you, is 17 good enough?
    Go look at the prediction thread. The majority of people picked NC state. The most lighting rod poster on here, and arguably the most football knowledgeable person, picked nc state to roll and said they would battle Clemson for the ACC.

vCash
    And you are so fixated on a single stat it's pathetic. Let me do some quick math for you. If your primary goal is to generate first downs and go 10 yards within 3 plays so you keep moving the ball downfield, is 6 ypa enough to do that? 6+6+6 = 18, so the odds are in our favor - especially when you are completing 70%+ of those passes. And, Leach's QBs have shown for over 20 years that it is - because averages in the 6s is pretty common for his QBs. If our RBs averaged 6 yards an attempt, people would be jizzing all over themselves about how awesome we are - regardless of our W/L because running is all we've ever known (go look at our stats and see how many times we've averaged 6.0 ypc and you'll see a lot of Ls)

Will is a work in progress - no doubt - but this is a different way of playing football. You are going to have to get used to a few stats being different then what you perceive as "right" or "best".

vCash
    2 more yards than corral, and corral has 31 less attempts.
    They were playing the mighty Austin Peay.

vCash
    No man, I got you pegged just right.
    Oh really? Let?s hear about it then. Lay it out there

vCash
    They were playing the mighty Austin Peay.
    Who you think is the better qb?

vCash
    And you are so fixated on a single stat it's pathetic. Let me do some quick math for you. If your primary goal is to generate first downs and go 10 yards within 3 plays so you keep moving the ball downfield, is 6 ypa enough to do that? 6+6+6 = 18, so the odds are in our favor - especially when you are completing 70%+ of those passes. And, Leach's QBs have shown for over 20 years that it is - because averages in the 6s is pretty common for his QBs. If our RBs averaged 6 yards an attempt, people would be jizzing all over themselves about how awesome we are - regardless of our W/L because running is all we've ever known (go look at our stats and see how many times we've averaged 6.0 ypc and you'll see a lot of Ls)

Will is a work in progress - no doubt - but this is a different way of playing football. You are going to have to get used to a few stats being different then what you perceive as "right" or "best".
    We're dead last in the sec in 1st downs and 3rd down conv %. Explain that professor

vCash
    Oh really? Let?s hear about it then. Lay it out there
    Dude, you HATE Leach. That's it. Quit being a sore ass b/c we beat a good P5 team.

Who you think is the better qb?
    Who had the better level of competition?