Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stadium getting bare with 9 mins left!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Lots of sell outs around the country this week. MSU has a football fan problem right now and it's not COVID
    Ark was the only sellout I saw. TN was not. Oh State wasn't even close with Oregon in town. Mich did not. I can't think of any other sellouts

vCash
    It is disappointing we lost the momentum Mullen and Bryne had going regarding sell-outs. However, I believe the way all 4 years from 14-18 ended....let a little air out of the balloon, each year.

With that said, as similar as Arkansas and Mississippi are......the environment is totally different regarding college athletics. Arkansas is all Razorback. Mississippi is split about 5-6 ways. The GTR in particular is as much Bama fans as MSU fans...unfortunately. NWA is more populated and wealth than the GTR. Could State do better marketing? Probably so. But State has base line obstacles that Arkansas doesn't.

vCash
    True.
    Plus ark hasn't had a winning season half a in half a decade or more. They are starved. Like we were when mullen got here.

Attendance is down nationally. Even in the sec.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Our fanbase is fair weather to the core. The same ones not showing up last night will be bitching about how expensive tickets are when LSU comes to town though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You got lucky, and I'm glad you did well given you are my age, almost exactly, depending on your actual birthday. You probably took a zpack, as that seems to be standard for some reason. Your handle is one of my four or five favorite movies of all time.
    OLJW. is my favorite movie. Love westerns. Seen almost every gunsmoke episode. Watch the reruns just about daily. WW II Documentaries , godfather 1-2 , star trek
    Last edited by OLJWales; 09-12-2021 at 11:00 AM.

vCash
    I was in the stadium 1 hour before kickoff and did not leave until I chanted "We just beat the hell out of you".

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I was in the stadium 1 hour before kickoff and did not leave until I chanted "We just beat the hell out of you".
    Glad to hear that went down. My ass woulda been glad fiving my boys. Can't believe that childhood nerve is still just as strong decades later. Love my playas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Why wouldn?t you stay until the end with a lead? Our fans suck sometimes
    Had a great time. Left with 6:00 mins. Game was in hand. Had 2 twelve year olds, 2 seven year olds, and 1 three year old. Over 2.5 hours to get home and didn't get to the house till 12:45 with this troop. Everyone's circumstances are not the same. So don't tell us we suck when I brought my wife and kids and 2 of their buddies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Our fanbase is fair weather to the core. The same ones not showing up last night will be bitching about how expensive tickets are when LSU comes to town though.
    This is why the stadium is hard to fill, then add in poor, cheap, and hunting season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Had a great time. Left with 6:00 mins. Game was in hand. Had 2 twelve year olds, 2 seven year olds, and 1 three year old. Over 2.5 hours to get home and didn't get to the house till 12:45 with this troop. Everyone's circumstances are not the same. So don't tell us we suck when I brought my wife and kids and 2 of their buddies.
    You did well sir, don't take any shit off any poster about leaving a little early with that many varmints.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    OLJW. is my favorite movie. Love westerns. Seen almost every gunsmoke episode. Watch the reruns just about daily. WW II Documentaries , godfather 1-2 , star trek
    Same here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    You did well sir, don't take any shit off any poster about leaving a little early with that many varmints.
    Would have stayed to the end but we were kicking their arse!

vCash
    NFM.
    Last edited by MagicDawg; 09-13-2021 at 01:30 PM. Reason: NFM.

vCash
    We have touched some of on the issues for last night's less than full attendance. The unvaxed are staying away (and should If they understand the science of the virus). Last week was a very frustrating and unsettling game to attend, even though we pulled out a win. It was a night game and some fans have to travel back to their home. Let's face it. Starkville is a smaller city which doesn't have the resources to support a large fan base. The hotels and other accommodations can be scarce and expensive, so some fans choose to drive back home. I live 3 hours away so I bought a house in the Starkville area so I am guaranteed a place to stay and hang out. I love spending the weekend in Starkville, but that's a different thread.

A more complex answer is maybe our fan base is still holding our breath on will the Air Raid be successful. Last year we gave all teams a pass because of the craziness surrounding dealing with Covid and attending a football game. Last year, my Covid-spacing season tickets issued to me was in the corner of the westside upper deck. which absolutely sucked. Some fans haven't recovered from that. Maybe the concession lines and security lines are long and slow. Maybe the TV coverage of SEC teams and on-demand viewing has changed the viewing culture; why come to a game when we can watch it on my 80" TV?

By the way, there was a decent crowd left at the game when the Alma Mater song was played...just saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Ark was the only sellout I saw. TN was not. Oh State wasn't even close with Oregon in town. Mich did not. I can't think of any other sellouts
    Ark had that TX game circled for 5 years. Of course a night game with your former biggest rival that just joined the SEC is a sellout.

vCash
    Our fans offer a bottomless list of excuses not to go these days....and they will give you the full list too. I remember the days when people just went when they could go, and didn't when they couldn't go, but nobody talked about any inconveniences or 1st world problems. Today it's like an antifa fanbase.