Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Are Now Favored vs NC State

vCash

We Are Now Favored vs NC State

On Fanduel by .5 of a point.

Most books still have us as .5 to 1 point underdog. But the line has moved. NC state has been favored by 2.5 all week.

Banned
    vCash
    Wool

vCash
    It's basically a pick em. So you have to decide whether or not you think we have any chance to win outright.

Lot of folks this past week felt we would get blasted today. I would bet the majority of those folks weren't comfortable enough to actually wager their own personal funds on that. Some did I'm sure. But I bet the majority won't.

I think it's still too early to make definitive determinations about this team. We learn a lot today. But you couldn't pay me enough money to bet this game.

vCash
    I’m convinced we will see our very best effort today because of playing so shitty last week, so I’m optimistic that we will actually win the game and Vegas will make money on this one.

If we don’t at least play well today then this season will just be all about the tailgate and look forward to hoops - today will tell us a lot about the character of this team and they should really feel like they have a lot to prove to themselves.

vCash
    Well the majority of people in the prediction thread picked against us, so if we were to lose at least their shouldn't be much griping and complaining about losing a game we should have won.

I think it will be a close game either way.

Banned
    vCash
    Sports God owes me today after pretty boy snapped it off Thursday

vCash
    It?s all about taking a home underdog. For professional gamblers, this early in the year especially, that?s too good to pass up. John Q Public is on NC ST. The big money mfers that do this for a living are on MSU.

Banned
    vCash
    So question for y'all degenerates so us Holy People will know, money's headed more on us of late, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    So question for y'all degenerates so us Holy People will know, money's headed more on us of late, no?
    Yes, big money gamblers, or sharps, dont come in until late. Like last night or this morning. Reason being you need all the time possible to gather as much info as possible and also let the rookies move the line in your favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Well the majority of people in the prediction thread picked against us, so if we were to lose at least their shouldn't be much griping and complaining about losing a game we should have won.

I think it will be a close game either way.
    I think most who picked us to lose is bc they don't have any faith in our offensive system more than a talent deficit. If this is true, they can still complain bc our system beat us.

BTW, I picked us to win, but bc I think the defense comes up big. I'm still concerned about our offense

vCash
    From a talent standpoint I think we are about evenly matched (which is kind of sad to me). From an experience and game philosophy standpoint I think we are outmatched. That?s why I picked us to lose. If last weeks performance is the status quo for the season then we might win 3 games this year. I would love to be wrong though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I’m convinced we will see our very best effort today because of playing so shitty last week, so I’m optimistic that we will actually win the game and Vegas will make money on this one.

If we don’t at least play well today then this season will just be all about the tailgate and look forward to hoops - today will tell us a lot about the character of this team and they should really feel like they have a lot to prove to themselves.
    This is the correct answer. If they are mentally prepared to play with a high level of confidence then we should win by +10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I?m convinced we will see our very best effort today because of playing so shitty last week, so I?m optimistic that we will actually win the game and Vegas will make money on this one.

If we don?t at least play well today then this season will just be all about the tailgate and look forward to hoops - today will tell us a lot about the character of this team and they should really feel like they have a lot to prove to themselves.
    I hope we see something similar to the South Carolina game after laying a turd vs South Alabama. We were clicking on all cylinders. Everyone was locked in and giving a 110%. That's what I want to see. No quit, play with urgency and do your damn job on the field. If we can't respond to last week's struggle win with some fire and focus I'll be questioning a lot about this program.

Banned
    vCash
    Laying a turd today would be a gut punch.

vCash
    One other thing, late moves on betting lines have been a fair indicator of who will win.

vCash
    That last TD pass to Walley should make NC State Fans worry.

vCash
    Looking into it, I finally understand why.

First, most metrics have USF as worse than LT.

Second, we have a good run defense and mediocre pass defense, and NCState is a heavy run team while LT was a finesse passing team.

Third, we're a heavy pass team, while NCState's pass defense is suspect and went against a shitty passing team last week.

It's all about matchups. Avoid turnovers and quick long scores unlike last week and the even odds look about right. If our team that played in the fourth quarter last week comes out today, we win going away, but that's a big If.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Sports God owes me today after pretty boy snapped it off Thursday
    Or maybe that's what you get for betting against that man. He made me the most money I've ever made betting when he was a dog in the super bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Or maybe that's what you get for betting against that man. He made me the most money I've ever made betting when he was a dog in the super bowl.
    Brady didnt cover Thursday night Dak did
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Black jack is the extent of my gambling. Never bet much on football cuz I suck at it and sure wouldn't bet against pretty boy.