Thread: Now that we have all argued...

vCash

Now that we have all argued...

Let's look at the facts.

2021 Miss. state strength of schedule. 75th 1-0
    2020- 20th 4-7

2021 Nc. state. strength of schedule. 80th 1-0
    2020-62end 8-4

Our D is still built to stop the run. Outside of a fluke qb tuck we held LT to right at 2 yards a carry, I will take that all day. Secondly, we are going to sell out to stop the run, when we stop the run and they are forced to pass we are putting their WR up against Forbes and Emerson, both of those guys have gotten a lot of talk this offseason. I don't remember hearing any talk about NC State receivers.

I believe the above will happen, which to me correlates to them scoring somewhere between 15-25 points (depending on our turnovers).

Yes our OL has issues, do I believe that all the issues are fixed in a week no. I do believe what we saw in the forth quarter is what we are going to see moving forward as they get more reps. We get Heath back I Think he is going to be hungry and should have some fire in him. South Florida in all of their glory only threw for 167 yards, we will at least double that, same with rushing they rushed for 104 yards on 32 carries. Our rushing game is much improved from last year and I don't see us doing anything less than what South Florida did. Now, this puts us somewhere between 400-500 yards of Offense. Rogers averages about a touchdown for every 100 yards passed, he should get us at least 3 touchdowns, from what I can see our backs get a touchdown for every 50-75 yards rushed. Looking at the states we should score between 28-42 points this weekend.

Now, if we come out and crap an egg like we did against Arkansas in the second week at night from last year. Forget I ever made this post.

vCash
    It's not so much Forbes and Emerson I worry about when we sell out to stop the run and play man. It's our safeties.

Banned
    vCash
    I was happy the way we stuffed them all day long. That can't be denied.

vCash
    Yeah other than QB scramble run,we held them in check running. NCstate will fully test of run D. I think we'll limit them. Question is can we eliminate a big pass play while stuffing the run?

My questions are still O, not D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It's not so much Forbes and Emerson I worry about when we sell out to stop the run and play man. It's our safeties.
    This is the correct answer. We know we are good at CB. Can they exploit us at Safety on play action? Beat our Safeties in coverage on passing downs? Motion WR's to work our safeties in matchups?

I would motion and move players around to keep our corners off their best WR's if I was NC St
    Last edited by Coach34; 09-09-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is the correct answer. We know we are good at CB. Can they exploit us at Safety on play action? Beat our Safeties in coverage on passing downs? Motion WR's to work our safeties in matchups?

I would motion and move players around to keep our corners off their best WR's if I was NC St
    Do you not think Green is not worth his salt or do you think he is just learning his position?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Do you not think Green is not worth his salt or do you think he is just learning his position?
    Green looked very slow to me. I don’t know if he’s just thinking too much and playing slow or if he is actually just slow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Green looked very slow to me. I don?t know if he?s just thinking too much and playing slow or if he is actually just slow.
    100% / he did look fast when running people down at times but he was already beat

vCash
    My opinion Green is learning that position, until he does and the game slows down for him. He isn't going to seem at all. A thinking brain is a slow moving body in football. I think once he is able to recognize and react, it going to be a game changer for us.