Thread: I'll go first: MSU 38 NC State 31

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    28-13 NC State
    If we only score 13 points, count me in for the meltdown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Me as well, but, if the OL doesn't get any better, 13 points is completely realistic
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    NC State 31-28

vCash
    I was really fearful of NC state after watching film from last year (because they return 20 starters from that team) where they finished the year with 4-5 straight wins and then I watched Kentucky abuse them running the football in the bowl game. Abd Kentucky was not good last year.

vCash
    I was really fearful of NC state after watching film from last year (because they return 20 starters from that team) where they finished the year with 4-5 straight wins and then I watched Kentucky abuse them running the football in the bowl game. Abd Kentucky was not good last year.
    Yeah, realistically, I think this game is about us more than them.

NC State is going to be what they're going to be. A solid team that likely doesn't beat themselves.

But what are we? Are we the team that played Georgia & Mizzou last year? If so, we win by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Arkansas, KY, & La Tech? If so we lose by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Ole Miss last year? If so, the game goes down to the wire.

We're more explosive, with a higher ceiling that NC State, but we have significantly higher fluctuations in how we play week to week.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

NC State is going to be what they're going to be. A solid team that likely doesn't beat themselves.

But what are we? Are we the team that played Georgia & Mizzou last year? If so, we win by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Arkansas, KY, & La Tech? If so we lose by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Ole Miss last year? If so, the game goes down to the wire.

We're more explosive, with a higher ceiling that NC State, but we have significantly higher fluctuations in how we play week to week.
    I agree - I really feel like this game will set the tone for the season / I could see us losing and still going bowling. But if we win, we can make a big jump from last year because NC state is better than quite a few teams on our schedule.

vCash

And glad to see you back on here more man - it's been quiet around here. Missed you during the title run. (I love saying that)

vCash
    NC State did not register a sack against USF. Dawgs 42 - Wolfpack 24

Banned
    vCash
    Brain sez NCS ; heart sez STATE. would love to put a big ass whippin on them so Shelton can jump 34's ass again. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Wow. I did not catch that. That's interesting cause USF was putrid.

vCash
    NC-St 27 MSU 24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    They also tossed a shutout
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    SEC - 38
    ACC - 24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Hopeful win = us
    Probable win = them .... after that the score doesn't matter
    THIS ^^^^^

vCash
    THIS Also ^^^^

vCash
    While I agree with much of what you said, La Tech had 19 transfers & we had no film on them actually playing for La Tech. Thus they hit us with 2 big plays & we threw a pick 6.

Nc State returns most of the 78th ranked offense, is running the same scheme, & we have film.

Arnett proved to be a good DC last year. I'd be absolutely floored if they ran up & down the field on a defense that was a top 25 rushing defense last year against all SEC competition. Would be absolutely shocked.

That said, I think their DL gives us hell & I don't know what we'll do about that. I'll go 24-20 NC State & one of those scores is on a really short field.

I see a low scoring game
    Suddenly transfers are such a good thing while they have had limited impacts at others schools. Tech returned 10 starters on D and had 3 of their top 5 pass catchers from the year before. Tech was beating on us with most of the same guys that played for them the year before.

We were young in 2013 and got a lot better in 2014- why? We returned a ton of starters. Teams that return a lot of starters typically improve by 2-3 wins the next season in college football. The last time we had this argument on here was about Kirby Smart before Year 2 at Georgia. We know how that turned out.

NC State got their QB a lot of experience last year. His TD to interception ratio was pretty good. He threw for over 230 in the opener. Their offense will be tough on us Saturday. NC State/Clemson will be for the right to go to the championship game on their side of the ACC.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    38-21. NC State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Suddenly transfers are such a good thing while they have had limited impacts at others schools. Tech returned 10 starters on D and had 3 of their top 5 pass catchers from the year before. Tech was beating on us with most of the same guys that played for them the year before.

We were young in 2013 and got a lot better in 2014- why? We returned a ton of starters. Teams that return a lot of starters typically improve by 2-3 wins the next season in college football. The last time we had this argument on here was about Kirby Smart before Year 2 at Georgia. We know how that turned out.

NC State got their QB a lot of experience last year. His TD to interception ratio was pretty good. He threw for over 230 in the opener. Their offense will be tough on us Saturday. NC State/Clemson will be for the right to go to the championship game on their side of the ACC.
    I don't know if you will agree with me or not on this but I think having upperclassman football players at most positions is maybe the biggest determining factor in how good a team is.

At least for us as I'm sure there may be an exception like Alabama where they are getting freak shows but there are realistically only so many of those and most of those don't come to MSU outside of the rare Chris Jones or Jeffrey Simmons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I agree with this. The talking point that La Tech had a bunch of LSU and Michigan transfers is just silly.

Go actually look at who they added. Also look at who they lost to transfer portal.

I think we win this weekend, so let?s stop with this idea that LT beat us with a borderline playoff team. They were a 28 point underdog for a reason. They aren?t good.

vCash
    23-21 state

Defense comes up big