Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I'll go first: MSU 38 NC State 31

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I don't care what the final score is, I just hope we win! It's a personal thing for me, I live in NC and have alot of Wolfpack and Tarheel friends that are ready to run their mouths. The local news was even talking about this game saying that after NC State beat USF the way the did, if they can go into Starkville and beat us, it would garner them national attention. Lets not let that happen! Hailstate!!
    I hear that. I lived in NC in the 90s when we played NCstate and NC in Peach Bowls. I watched NC beat us one year when we were the better team with about 12 NC fans. It was terrible.

I want us to look better this weekend, but even if we don't I just want a W even if we look like crap again. We can get pretty the next week. Just win this week. I really have no feel of how this game will go. Heart says we sneak a W out, head says we lose by 14.

vCash
    I agree with C34 that nc state is good and veteran. And they bowl games don't matter. They were an 8-4 team last year against a bad schedule but with a lot returning.

Teams are pretty even and matchups, penalties, and turnovers will determine it. They love to run left so crumedy has to be huge. We will sell out to stop the run so they will have some vertical shots, we have to win those one on ones.

I expect an entirely different energy level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I expect them to be Mississippi, LSU, or Auburn good
    I guess that's the disconnect. KY also had a RB/WR playing QB last year. They don't this year.

I'd put them above:
    LT
    Vandy
    TN ST
    Maybe Memphis

Below:
    LSU
    AM
    Bama
    KY
    Ark
    Aub
    OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I hear that. I lived in NC in the 90s when we played NCstate and NC in Peach Bowls. I watched NC beat us one year when we were the better team with about 12 NC fans. It was terrible.

I want us to look better this weekend, but even if we don't I just want a W even if we look like crap again. We can get pretty the next week. Just win this week. I really have no feel of how this game will go. Heart says we sneak a W out, head says we lose by 14.
    My thoughts exactly! And its still too early to gauge if we are that bad or LaTech is that good. Same can be sad for NC State, are they that good or is USF just bad this year, mind you USF went 1-8 last year so that 45-0 beating that NC State gave to USF may not mean much.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    MSU 42 NC STATE 10
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    La Tech was 117th last year

NC State is going to be one of the best teams we play this year. Veteran team- which is what you want as a coach. They will be a much better team than La Tech was.

Our defense while good in spots lacks in spots as well.
    For someone to start a thread talking about returning starters matter, this is kind of contradictory to use last years stats for LaTech considering they have mostly new transfers that were not on last years team. How many times did the commentary say that all the transfers had lots of snaps last year all be it with a team besides LaTech. With all that said I think State has a better full game showing and wins this game 42- 21

vCash
    Outside of the 59 yd TD run by the quarterback, we held La Tech to 42 yards on 24 carries. I think we underestimated the speed of their QB and it cost us big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Outside of the 59 yd TD run by the quarterback, we held La Tech to 42 yards on 24 carries. I think we underestimated the speed of their QB and it cost us big.
    Or we just had a safety way out of position that should have easily stopped him for a 3-4 yard gain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Or we just had a safety way out of position that should have easily stopped him for a 3-4 yard gain
    Had a lb and safety both overrun the play.

Banned
    vCash
    Busted play on the Tech pass TD too. That shit's fixable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Had a lb and safety both overrun the play.
    Duncan said they were Misaligned. Two came off the left and one should have been on the right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    For someone to start a thread talking about returning starters matter, this is kind of contradictory to use last years stats for LaTech considering they have mostly new transfers that were not on last years team. How many times did the commentary say that all the transfers had lots of snaps last year all be it with a team besides LaTech. With all that said I think State has a better full game showing and wins this game 42- 21
    Because La Tech didnt have a bunch of new starters. The QB was and he made them better. Their RB transfers were meh. Their top WR's all played there the year before except for the Freshman that caught the long TD. La Tech's D had a bunch of returning starters. The transfers provided depth.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Duncan said they were Misaligned. Two came off the left and one should have been on the right
    Sounds right. Yeah definitely blown assignments. Lb and safety both missed filling the hole.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Busted play on the Tech pass TD too. That shit's fixable.
    It is fixable but we will probably always have 1 or 2 of those a game because of the style we play. We are going to get after the quarterback and when you bust a coverage or run fit in this defense it’s a touchdown. I doubt we ever play perfect but I much prefer this style to the bend but don’t break and die by a thousand cuts.

vCash
    Good Guys 31 Other Guys 17
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    My thoughts exactly! And its still too early to gauge if we are that bad or LaTech is that good. Same can be sad for NC State, are they that good or is USF just bad this year, mind you USF went 1-8 last year so that 45-0 beating that NC State gave to USF may not mean much.
    I keep trying to remember that while we are not great....sorry teams do not come from down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter against anybody. Let that sink in.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I keep trying to remember that while we are not great....sorry teams do not come from down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter against anybody. Let that sink in.
    THIS!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    my sentiments as well despite everything else.

vCash
    Pack 28
    Dawgs 24

vCash
    Night game, at home with a good crowd, coming off a disappointing game against La Tech, against a team with equal or lesser talent than us who is coming off a blowout. If I had to place a bet I would take us. Dawgs 38, Wolfpack 31
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 09-11-2021 at 12:45 AM.