Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I'll go first: MSU 38 NC State 31

vCash
    40-31 F.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Absolutely. Experience is tremendous.

Dak Prescott was still Dak Prescott in 2011 and 2012. But Dak Prescott in 2014 and 2015 was a different animal.

Think Ben Beckwith from obscurity early on to in NFL training camp.
    It's also why I railed Dan's recruiting because he would have years where position groups were completely neglected. It was very easy to see that we were going to have spots where we were young 3-4 years out.

I think for MSU to succeed no matter the coach or the scheme for us to win at a high level we have to have an entire team of juniors and seniors every year. Especially since we are and forever will be a developmental program.

vCash
    I would encourage y'all to actually watch at least the first quarter of the nc state game. On the ESPN app, just search nc state v south Florida and you can watch it.

Nc state played a ton of man. Will be interesting to see if that holds this week. Lot of pressure on 3rd down. They run to the football well too. But USF burned them in man several times early and the qb missed them every time.

I like our matchup on defense. They are run first. Qb isn't mobile. We need to match their physicality. Do that and we will be ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    "I didn't know what I was talking about, but it turns out I was even more correct than I realized!"
    Well- considering my point was that the QB was experienced? Yes

Did I forget that he was the guy they inserted as a true freshman? Sure but it still doesnt change the point I was making. They are a vet team.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    38-28 bulldogs
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I would encourage y'all to actually watch at least the first quarter of the nc state game. On the ESPN app, just search nc state v south Florida and you can watch it.

Nc state played a ton of man. Will be interesting to see if that holds this week. Lot of pressure on 3rd down. They run to the football well too. But USF burned them in man several times early and the qb missed them every time.

I like our matchup on defense. They are run first. Qb isn't mobile. We need to match their physicality. Do that and we will be ok.
    Yeah, I just heard on OOB that they run most of their rushing plays to the left like 80% of the time b/c their LT/LG are All ACC dudes. I want to see what Arnett dials up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, I just heard on OOB that they run most of their rushing plays to the left like 80% of the time b/c their LT/LG are All ACC dudes. I want to see what Arnett dials up.
    Crumedy

vCash
    Well- considering my point was that the QB was experienced? Yes

Did I forget that he was the guy they inserted as a true freshman? Sure but it still doesnt change the point I was making. They are a vet team.
    He redshirted all of 2018 according to this. Wasn't inserted as a true freshman.

https://gopack.com/sports/football/r...in-leary/10679

I believe he has 9 career starts. Will has 7.

They are a veteran team though.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-09-2021 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    He redshirted all of 2018 according to this. Wasn't inserted as a true freshman.

https://gopack.com/sports/football/r...in-leary/10679

I believe he has 9 career starts. Will has 7.

They are a veteran team though.
    Could have sworn I read something in 2019 about them and a true freshman at QB. I misremembered that. I will properly vet next time.

vCash
    I think they had a bunch of qb turnover the last couple of years. Hockman started 12 games between 2019-2020 and then transferred this past spring. They think Leary will settle things for them at that position.

vCash
    NC State - 31
    State - 20

I'm obviously a "glass is 3/4 empty" kind of guy when it comes to MSU athletics (comes with the territory after watching for 30+ years), but I really just can't see us winning that game.

So, lucky for you guys, that probably means we blow them out. lol

vCash
    Could have sworn I read something in 2019 about them and a true freshman at QB. I misremembered that. I will properly vet next time.
    That's ESPN level vetting....ironic as you are a Bishop Sycamore coach

vCash
    I just don't get all the NC St love. Their DLine used to be their biggest strength. Not so much since the Saints poached Neilson. KY had them by double digits most of the bowl game last year, after they played a weak ACC schedule. I think they are about an average of a team as there is. Their SRS last year was 0.35 (0 is what an average team should be).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...0-ratings.html

Their schedule:

G Date Time Day School Opponent Conf Pts Opp W L Streak
    1 Sep 19, 2020 8:00 PM Sat North Carolina State Wake Forest ACC W 45 42 1 0 W 1
    2 Sep 26, 2020 8:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ (20) Virginia Tech ACC L 24 45 1 1 L 1
    3 Oct 3, 2020 12:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ (24) Pitt ACC W 30 29 2 1 W 1
    4 Oct 10, 2020 12:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ Virginia ACC W 38 21 3 1 W 2
    5 Oct 17, 2020 3:30 PM Sat North Carolina State Duke ACC W 31 20 4 1 W 3
    6 Oct 24, 2020 12:00 PM Sat (23) North Carolina State@ (14) UNC ACC L 21 48 4 2 L 1
    7 Nov 6, 2020 7:30 PM Fri North Carolina State (11) Miami (FL) ACC L 41 44 4 3 L 2
    8 Nov 14, 2020 7:30 PM Sat North Carolina State Florida State ACC W 38 22 5 3 W 1
    9 Nov 21, 2020 7:30 PM Sat North Carolina State (21) Liberty Ind W 15 14 6 3 W 2
    10 Nov 28, 2020 12:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ Syracuse ACC W 36 29 7 3 W 3
    11 Dec 5, 2020 4:00 PM Sat North Carolina State Georgia Tech ACC W 23 13 8 3 W 4
    12 Jan 2, 2021 12:00 PM Sat (24) North Carolina State N KY SEC L 21 23 8 4 L 1

Squeaked by Liberty, Pitt, WF. Only tough games they had were UNC and maybe Miami and lost both. To Coach34, there's no way in hell they're one of the tougher opponents on our schedule.

Edit: MSU 27 NC St 20. Not sure what happened to the formatting on that table. Spent time lining it up, and it all scrunched back together.
    Last edited by MrCoachKlein; 09-09-2021 at 10:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    I just don't get all the NC St love. Squeaked by Liberty, Pitt, WF. Only tough games they had were UNC and maybe Miami and lost both. To Coach34, there's no way in hell they're one of the tougher opponents on our schedule.

Edit: MSU 27 NC St 20. Not sure what happened to the formatting on that table. Spent time lining it up, and it all scrunched back together.
    They went 8-4 last year- losing the bowl game to Kentucky (who beat us as well last season). You guys know bowl games can be hit and miss. Some guys show up to play and some dont. But they return 20 starters. That is huge for a team-especially a winning one.

I guess the biggest difference is mindset. You guys as fans love talking about how much our guys have improved since last year- but NC State and their 20 returning starters are not supposed to be improved. They wont be Bama or A&M. But I expect them to be Mississippi, LSU, or Auburn good- which makes them one of the toughest games on our schedule. They look like a top 13-18 in the country team.

vCash
    They went 8-4 last year- losing the bowl game to Kentucky (who beat us as well last season). You guys know bowl games can be hit and miss. Some guys show up to play and some dont. But they return 20 starters. That is huge for a team-especially a winning one.

I guess the biggest difference is mindset. You guys as fans love talking about how much our guys have improved since last year- but NC State and their 20 returning starters are not supposed to be improved. They wont be Bama or A&M. But I expect them to be Mississippi, LSU, or Auburn good- which makes them one of the toughest games on our schedule. They look like a top 13-18 in the country team.
    I think this is a really tough game / season maker for us.

vCash
    MSU 31- NC state 14

vCash
    I don't care what the final score is, I just hope we win! It's a personal thing for me, I live in NC and have alot of Wolfpack and Tarheel friends that are ready to run their mouths. The local news was even talking about this game saying that after NC State beat USF the way the did, if they can go into Starkville and beat us, it would garner them national attention. Lets not let that happen! Hailstate!!

vCash
    24-21 NC State. We will play better than we did against La Tech but NC State is more experienced and is probably about 10 points better than us. I give us 7 for home field. Should beat Memphis the next week though as Memphis lost a lot and is rebuilding

vCash
    41-27

Canines win

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    17-10 NC State.