Thread: Jack Frankel

vCash

Jack Frankel

Our baseball recruiting has risen to unbelievable heights after the championship and NIL.

vCash
    That's what winning a National Title will do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's what winning a National Title will do.
    Todd, with the NIL, do you see that playing a factor in being able to retain high level commits from the draft?

vCash
    It's hard to know at this point. I don't anticipate us being able to offer enough to keep a guy drafted in the first few rounds where they're getting millions.

I think what it will allow is to do is take care of our upperclass players who would be walk-ons as juniors and seniors which will help with recruiting because we will be able to offset their student debt which means they won't have to use their MLB draft bonus money to pay it off. That's part of why Vanderbilt has an advantage now. They can offer that and most schools can't. I think we kind of did this with Jake Mangum when he was selling Jake Mangum merchandise after he graduated and this used that to pay his school. Same with Tanner Allen now too.

But the other thing that allows us to do is offer more scholarship money to higher rated recruits along with promises to offset that with NIL money up front as some can't get full rides because x amount of players have to be on athletic scholarship. Or combine athletic money with athletic aid like we have been doing.

Essentially what is going to happen is our more popular players like Landon Sims, Kellum Clark, Logan Tanner, and Kam James are going to become our walk-ons in the future. Because they can earn more NIL money than say a Cam Tullar.

It may help us keep a guy like Houston Harding who left as a free agent because he may actually make more from a NIL deal with a senior sign bonus of 10k than the other way around.

vCash
    Also I have no idea what Gene has been hinting at with the NIL and MSU baseball. They're probably waiting for our first loss in football to release it so maybe next week!

I'll add this though because I just thought about it- they may be able to make enough to get a Jordan McCants to school where I believe he was rumored to have some family issues financially. We may get players like that. But guys like Bruns and Woods- no.

vCash
    2 things....

How good is this Frankel kid, beyond throwing 94 already? Major draft risk I suppose?

We lost Hootie? I thought he was coming back? That sucks

vCash
    With our new NIL deal for the baseball team, you're going to see even more big time prospects make it to campus.

I am not at liberty to disclose the exact information, but it will be released this week or next week.

vCash
    BYU level???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    2 things....

How good is this Frankel kid, beyond throwing 94 already? Major draft risk I suppose?

He is ranked as the #14 player in the 2024 class. He is a big time player.

vCash
    2 things....

If you are throwing that hard at that age you'll be a prospect and the rest depends on command and how his other pitches look. I suspect with him being number 14 most of that is close to being in place.

Could be a draft risk but too soon to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    With our new NIL deal for the baseball team, you're going to see even more big time prospects make it to campus.

I am not at liberty to disclose the exact information, but it will be released this week or next week.
    I'm very curious about that because it's hard for me to give exact opinions without real numbers to work with.

I ran some theoretical numbers last night based on the scholarship limits and what it would look like of we had the 8 walk ons being our most popular players and giving most of the rest of the starters the minimum of 25%.

Basically we would be giving recruits a 50% scholarship for most cases with some small wiggle room if they wanted more. The rest I'm sure will come for whatever NIL deal money that they can get.

What could be interesting to me is if the players make enough that MSU basically doesn't have to use scholarship money! Not likely but...possible I guess.

vCash
    Money will not be an issue moving forward. Let's just say it's similar to BYU's deal, but better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If you are throwing that hard at that age you'll be a prospect and the rest depends on command and how his other pitches look. I suspect with him being number 14 most of that is close to being in place.

Could be a draft risk but too soon to know.
    It says his change and slider might be his best pitches. I’m guessing that he sits around 90 with his fastball. Listed as 6’2” at 16 1/2 years old on perfect game. Judging from his description, it sounds like he would have a pretty high floor for a college pitcher. I guess his ceiling will be decided by how much he grows and I would be interested to see what type of fastball he has.

Odds are probably against us getting him but we have zero chance if he signs with someone else. Time will tell a lot obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    It says his change and slider might be his best pitches. I’m guessing that he sits around 90 with his fastball. Listed as 6’2” at 16 1/2 years old on perfect game. Judging from his description, it sounds like he would have a pretty high floor for a college pitcher. I guess his ceiling will be decided by how much he grows and I would be interested to see what type of fastball he has.

Odds are probably against us getting him but we have zero chance if he signs with someone else. Time will tell a lot obviously.
    This is gonna be a JT Ginn situation. The kid wants to play here badly...

vCash
    Though he probably won’t make it here, I’d love to have Konnor Griffin in the commit list for 2025. That would give us the top 2 players in that class with him and Sam Cozart.

vCash
    2 things....

His video looks really good. Easy Friday night type talent. HS RHPs get killed in the draft. Unless he's a top 2-3 HS pitcher in the America, there is a good chance he gets to school
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    He'll be a good one.

vCash
    It's exciting but damn.. he's a soph this year right? llloong time to go.