Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Locker Room Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    True. But Bounds has connections and has talking points to get out to the masses. Im translating most of what Bounds says regarding MSU football as......Cohen is saying that Leach will be here 4 years. Be patient.
    So essentially Cohen is saying "I really torpedoed our football program with my hire of Moorhead". Thanks John.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    So essentially Cohen is saying "I really torpedoed our football program with my hire of Moorhead". Thanks John.
    Yeah, Bo's deep source is Cohen. And Cohen basically told him "I totally ****ed up hiring Moorhead."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Yep. Bo is on a retainer for Cohen. Cohen has promised to help him out and gives him preferential treatment at games to meet and greet donors/potential clients in return for being a mouthpiece. So take what he says with a grain of salt.

The biggest issue we have is that we decided to switch to the most outdated form of a passing attack in college football. Zero creativity and slow. The Leach diehards can scream to their blue in the face but this offense isn't going to work. Its not explosive enough. 39 completions when 30 of them are within 3-4 yards from the line of scrimmage isn't what I call air raid. More like a pop gun
    Geez people. Guess this offense became outdated just since 2019. In 2019 WSU was 7th in total offense and 11th in points per game in all of FBS.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../_/season/2019

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I try to be a realist. Does this team have things to work on and get better at? Absolutely, plenty. What this team does seem to have is toughness and grit. I think they proved that over and over last year when we played short handed several times because of covid and saturday when they kept battling and found a way to win. There a lot to be said for that. There's been numerous State teams in the past that not only wouldn't have won that game saturday but it would've gotten worse. I always thought this was a 6-7 win team and I still believe that. As young as this team is I also expect them to get better and I think next year will be a really good year. Heck with the way the kids came back and won on Saturday let's at least let the season play out and see what happens.
    Last year they learned to battle adversity in order to compete. Now they have to learn how to battle through adversity to win. I look at Saturday as a potential stepping stone. It's real similar to when Mullen took over - he said he had to teach the program how to win. I think Leach is having to re-teach that same lesson.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Last year they learned to battle adversity in order to compete. Now they have to learn how to battle through adversity to win. I look at Saturday as a potential stepping stone. It's real similar to when Mullen took over - he said he had to teach the program how to win. I think Leach is having to re-teach that same lesson.
    I agree.

vCash
    The fact that John Cohen may be telling people that the reason his current hire doesn't look great is because of the first hire he made is comical.

This is like the story (I think it was in Traffic) of the new leader of a small country. The previous leader resigned, but before he did he sat down and left the new leader two letters and the first one said "open when you get in a jam that you can't get out of". Leader gets in a jam and opens the first letter and it says "Blame everything on me". Worked like a charm the people blamed the previous leader and all was well.

The second letter said "open when you get in another jam that you can't get out of". Leader gets in another jam, opens the second letter and it says "Sit down and write two letters."

The fact that people are buying into the Joe Moorhead wrecked our program is just ridiculous. Joe Moorhead was not a good coach, but to act like he left Leach a steaming pile of shit on his doorstop is just nuts. He left him enough talent to beat LSU in Baton Rouge. You know how he won? Solid defense and Bo Pelini being the last DC in the world to not know you don't play man to man against Leach's offense. Does Joe get credit for that win? Of course not. Leach won that game. Teams have adjusted to his offense, its his turn to adjust.

How come Leach gets all the credit for every win, yet every time we look like dogsh!t on offense Moorhead's name is brought up. Our offense looks like shit sometimes because we won't incorporate a run game to force teams to get out of the 3-8 alignment and we have OL that are not built to pass block 65 times a game, especially against athletic DL. I get that no one may want to admit that we made a second bad hire, maybe we did, maybe we didn't, time will tell, but blaming a guy that has been gone 20 months for why we almost lost to a medical sales rep at QB for La Tech, at home is comical and borderline insane.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I swear some of our fans have been watching too much Bama or something. We have a QB with 83% completion rating that completed 10 in a row to lead a 3 touchdown comeback and he is "serviceable". We come back to win a game against a well coached team and we act like we have never had to endure a loss so devastating if it would have ended in an L. We act like our Oline isn't the least experienced in the conference. We have the best running back/wr combos probably in the history of this program and we can't find optimism.

You are trying to spin a 1 point win because of a missed field goal against Louisiana Tech as a positive and talking about other fans not know what’s going on. Bless your heart.

vCash
    I was more surprised by the defense than the offense honestly. I would never thought we could not generate any pass rush.

I'm just glad nc state is a run first offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Folks on here have short term memories. They don't remember that Mullen had at least one of these every year. This week will tell us more about this team.
    I get what you're saying, and you're right about this week telling us more. The problem is context. We saw a lot of the same negatives as we saw last year. Towards the end of last year, it looked like we turned a corner a bit, so a lot of us were expecting to build on that. Other than the very beginning and very end of the game, we looked a lot like we did before we "turned the corner" last year. Saturday was pretty reminiscent of last year's game against Vandy, where we had a huge physical/athletic advantage and still struggled against that dang 3-8 defense. Saturday was just a bad omen considering that we are soon going to be the ones who are physically/athletically outmatched.

And people saying LaTech is good....I don't believe it. I think that will end up being the 2nd or 3rd worst defense we see all year. And they still got pressure with 3 and/or with minimal simple stunts and twists. I also keep seeing people talk about how good their QB was. But they're wrong. He was pretty athletic, and made some things happen here and there, but, honestly, his accuracy stunk for the most part. He missed quite a few throws where his receiver was open. Several in the 4th quarter. If he made a better throw on virtually ANY of them, then we have an L instead of a W. He was decent, but he's probably in the bottom 3rd of what we'll see this year.

But, yes, this week will tell us a LOT. If we come out and play well and get a W against this NC State team, then I will change my tune and chalk up LaTech as just "one of those games". If the wolfpack comes out and controls our offense with the 3-8, our OL looks like garbage again, we throw 20 passes to the RBs or check downs, our DL gets no pressure, and they have WRs streaking open all over the field...well, then we'll know that we're in for a painful season.
    Last edited by PMDawg; 09-07-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I can't figure out why we can't pop off 4-6 yd draws and shit against a 3-8 D

vCash
    Marks and Johnson both rushed for 6 yards a carry. Just have to commit to it more. 14 carries between the two of them isn't enough

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Marks and Johnson both rushed for 6 yards a carry. Just have to commit to it more. 14 carries between the two of them isn't enough
    Yep. I like Marks' angry style of play. Need some more of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I get what you're saying, and you're right about this week telling us more. The problem is context. We saw a lot of the same negatives as we saw last year. Towards the end of last year, it looked like we turned a corner a bit, so a lot of us were expecting to build on that. Other than the very beginning and very end of the game, we looked a lot like we did before we "turned the corner" last year. Saturday was pretty reminiscent of last year's game against Vandy, where we had a huge physical/athletic advantage and still struggled against that dang 3-8 defense. Saturday was just a bad omen considering that we are soon going to be the ones who are physically/athletically outmatched.

And people saying LaTech is good....I don't believe it. I think that will end up being the 2nd or 3rd worst defense we see all year. And they still got pressure with 3 and/or with minimal simple stunts and twists. I also keep seeing people talk about how good their QB was. But they're wrong. He was pretty athletic, and made some things happen here and there, but, honestly, his accuracy stunk for the most part. He missed quite a few throws where his receiver was open. Several in the 4th quarter. If he made a better throw on virtually ANY of them, then we have an L instead of a W. He was decent, but he's probably in the bottom 3rd of what we'll see this year.

But, yes, this week will tell us a LOT. If we come out and play well and get a W against this NC State team, then I will change my tune and chalk up LaTech as just "one of those games". If the wolfpack comes out and controls our offense with the 3-8, our OL looks like garbage again, we throw 20 passes to the RBs or check downs, our DL gets no pressure, and they have WRs streaking open all over the field...well, then we'll know that we're in for a painful season.
    I'm in the wait and see mode as well. We played really well in the 4th and we need to see if that's gonna be the norm or an aberration. Probably somewhere in between, but I want to see the season play out. We are still awfully young on offense. I think I just coached for so long I have some patience in watching things develop. We'll see how good or bad we're gonna be. We'll know a lot saturday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    a medical sales rep at QB for La Tech
    Austin Kendall was a starter at West Virginia and would have been at Oklahoma had not transferred in. He's not a world-beater but he's a serviceable P5 QB. Why our own fans are downplaying him to make our team seem worse is beyond me.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...kendall-1.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    And people saying LaTech is good...
    I don't think Louisiana Tech is "good" but I do think a lot of people don't realize they've been to 7 straight bowls, all but one of which followed a season with a conference record above .500 (the other one being 4-4). That's impressive consistency at winning games for the G5 level, and that's before they hit the transfer portal hard for this season.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 09-07-2021 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Austin Kendall was a starter at West Virginia and would have been at Oklahoma had not transferred in. He's not a world-beater but he's a serviceable P5 QB. Why our own fans are downplaying him to make our team seem worse is beyond me.

We played a team with a pulse that was well coached and wanted to win. Throw in 19 transfer portal players and La Tech got a steroid shot. La Tech would have beat Louisville last night and to think otherwise shows how much some people really hate Leach. Let's see how NC State plays out. By my research, and someone correct if I'm wrong, NC State got 4 total transfers in from last season. All on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

This. It's like some people on here are foaming at the mouth for something to moan and complain about.

I don't see much of anything about how Will went 39/47 370yds 3tds averaging 7.9yd per attempt but I see plenty about how he doesn't have the arm, he's not a p5 QB, he's "serviceable", he threw an int for a td, he needs to up his yards per attempt.

One such quote I read said, "Will needed to be benched. Leach needs to be fired. We won't win a game this season."

Good grief people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Goodness, you guys are complaining about what Leach said after HIS TEAM just made the largest the comeback in school history?

Evidence shows that they didn't quit. It's pretty astounding evidence that they actually didn't quit. Perhaps he's just challenging them to a higher level, but to be worried about players quitting after the largest comeback in school history seems pretty absurd
    Law in the 3rd quarter they quit. You could see it in their body language and play on the field. Now who or what lit s fire under them in the 4th I don't know. I think it started with that Tulu return. But I had even commented to my son they were playing like they had conceded that game. As had everybody sitting in the stands and those watching on tv if they were honest with themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It's evident Leach isn't accepting accountability. He ran off nearly an entire team last year. If the remaining players are quitting it shows they no longer believe in him. Leach needs to evolve.
    you are entitled to your opinion, it's wrong, but you got one.

Accountability, he said about a dozen times they had to coach better. MY goodness you are a snowflake that thinks discipline is a bad thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Geez people. Guess this offense became outdated just since 2019. In 2019 WSU was 7th in total offense and 11th in points per game in all of FBS.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../_/season/2019
    Against Pac10 D, get real. That is outdated in the SEC since the 90s.