Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Locker Room Leach

vCash
    We better hope Leach works out. Better hope that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Goodness, you guys are complaining about what Leach said after HIS TEAM just made the largest the comeback in school history?

Evidence shows that they didn't quit. It's pretty astounding evidence that they actually didn't quit. Perhaps he's just challenging them to a higher level, but to be worried about players quitting after the largest comeback in school history seems pretty absurd
    Gun - leach is the one that called them out and called them quitters in his post game pressor - said they were going to address it this week. Not us.

vCash
    "Greatest Comeback in School History". What does that say about our program, that in a hundred plus years of playing and I'm sure a significant number of games where we were behind in the score (16 points or more) we finally came out on top at the end of the game. Not a good look for MSU football. This is what you would call a positive negative. Great that we were finally able to come out on top, but bad that we probably had many opportunities to do it.

vCash
    For perspective we have had squeakers against G5 schools most years. 2014 2017 and 2018 may be the only exceptions in the last 10 or so years.

2010 we had to come from behind to beat UAB
    2011 we had to force overtime to beat LA Tech
    2012 we nearly lost to Troy
    2013 we beat Bowling Green by 1
    2015 we were losing or barely ahead of USM at the half
    2016 South Alabama and Peter sirmon

As frustrating as Saturday was it is much better to be frustrated and 1-0.

I say all this to try and put things in perspective that struggling against G5 teams isnt something that is new for us. It has happened more years than not. So lets just all take a deep breath and relax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    For perspective we have had squeakers against G5 schools most years. 2014 2017 and 2018 may be the only exceptions in the last 10 or so years.

2010 we had to come from behind to beat UAB
    2011 we had to force overtime to beat LA Tech
    2012 we nearly lost to Troy
    2013 we beat Bowling Green by 1
    2015 we were losing or barely ahead of USM at the half
    2016 South Alabama and Peter sirmon

As frustrating as Saturday was it is much better to be frustrated and 1-0.

I say all this to try and put things in perspective that struggling against G5 teams isnt something that is new for us. It has happened more years than not. So lets just all take a deep breath and relax.
    I'll add a couple more:

2016 - needed to block a FG on the last play to beat 6-7 Miami (OH) in the bowl game
    2017 - never really put away 4-8 UMass

Of all the teams listed above, only Bowling Green (10-4) and Southern Miss (9-5) were decent. I suspect 2021 Louisiana Tech will fall into that category too, but time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    "Greatest Comeback in School History". What does that say about our program, that in a hundred plus years of playing and I'm sure a significant number of games where we were behind in the score (16 points or more) we finally came out on top at the end of the game. Not a good look for MSU football. This is what you would call a positive negative. Great that we were finally able to come out on top, but bad that we probably had many opportunities to do it.
    Based on statistical probability, we had a 7% chance of winning that game after they kicked the FG to go up 20 in the 4th quarter. While we should have never allowed ourselves to be in that situation, making a comeback like that shouldn't happen. Holtz played not to lose and we finally made some adjustments. Comebacks like that don't happen against superior opponents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Gun - leach is the one that called them out and called them quitters in his post game pressor - said they were going to address it this week. Not us.
    Yeah, I guess he missed that part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He kinda indicated in the post game press conference that it was about to be a bad week for some of those who tried to “quit”
    I want to see the Backstroke to the 50. I just want to know WTF has he and his staff been doing. This shouldn't be necessary.

vCash
    At least he didn't say they needed to be executed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    It?s evident to me we a fan base that won?t give him a chance. We had some players quitting down 20 in the 4th. He is addressing it. Shut up yoh stupid punk snowflakes.
    It's evident Leach isn't accepting accountability. He ran off nearly an entire team last year. If the remaining players are quitting it shows they no longer believe in him. Leach needs to evolve.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Based on statistical probability, we had a 7% chance of winning that game after they kicked the FG to go up 20 in the 4th quarter. While we should have never allowed ourselves to be in that situation, making a comeback like that shouldn't happen. Holtz played not to lose and we finally made some adjustments. Comebacks like that don't happen against superior opponents.
    Actually Holtz was way too aggressive on offense after he got up 20. I think I counted 1 run play in his
    Possessions where he should Have been salting the clock up 20. Holtz lost that game calling plays like
    Someone who wanted to prove he wasn’t taking his Foot off the gas. We didn’t have to use a single timeout to score 3 touchdowns in 12 minutes.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Leach said on postgame interview that it started with him that needed to do better.

vCash
    Yea, kinda like a National Championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    At least he didn't say they needed to be executed.
    Geez. I watched the ND coach say that live and was embarrassed for him. I really expected more blow back on him but I havent heard much.

vCash
    Well, its not a shocking statistic given how few times in our history of football we have had a decent passing attack. You aren't going to overcome many 20 point deficits in a game with a power run game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Actually Holtz was way too aggressive on offense after he got up 20. I think I counted 1 run play in his
    Possessions where he should Have been salting the clock up 20. Holtz lost that game calling plays like
    Someone who wanted to prove he wasn’t taking his Foot off the gas. We didn’t have to use a single timeout to score 3 touchdowns in 12 minutes.
    Given we scored on 3 straight possessions and they went 3 and out twice during those, I don't think their clock management was that big of a deal. In fact, I know when they got the ball the last time there was still well over 5 minutes of play left which they used up in moving into FG range. I don't think a few extra running plays during those three and outs they had would have made any difference except to give them less time on their last possession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Given we scored on 3 straight possessions and they went 3 and out twice during those, I don't think their clock management was that big of a deal. In fact, I know when they got the ball the last time there was still well over 5 minutes of play left which they used up in moving into FG range. I don't think a few extra running plays during those three and outs they had would have made any difference except to give them less time on their last possession.
    Yeah. The biggest key was Tulu's return. He allowed us to score super quick and actually open the door for a comeback. Our guys were fired up at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Leach said on postgame interview that it started with him that needed to do better.
    Well, as long as he is pointing the thumb and not the finger we know all is well. We learned that much from JoMo. ***

vCash
    Bo Bounds this morning:

"From a source deep inside the MSU program, "you have no idea the harm Joe Moorhead did to this program."
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It's evident Leach isn't accepting accountability. He ran off nearly an entire team last year. If the remaining players are quitting it shows they no longer believe in him. Leach needs to evolve.
    How did he not accept accountability? He said multiple times that they have to do a better job of coaching. What he implied is if those individuals don't buy into the coaching that they will have to start swimming or selling Big Gulps.

Which for the record I think is a crazy awesome burn.