Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Wyatt film study. Something for everyone!

vCash

Matt Wyatt film study. Something for everyone!

If you want something to bitch about, it's there. If you want something to build on that looks good, it's there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    If you want something to bitch about, it's there. If you want something to build on that looks good, it's there.

Matt does a great job analyzing the plays.

vCash
    Completely different OL play in the 4th quarter. Picked up stunts, twists and blitzes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Completely different OL play in the 4th quarter. Picked up stunts, twists and blitzes.
    This. For anyone paying attention they played completely different in the 4th quarter. Now can we build on that and make it consistent, that's the question. If the ol plays like that from here on out we'll be ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. For anyone paying attention they played completely different in the 4th quarter. Now can we build on that and make it consistent, that's the question. If the ol plays like that from here on out we'll be ok.
    That's pretty much what it all boils down to. At least they have shown the potential to do it. Leach's offense is typically stopped when we do it to ourselves. Which is also why it typically improves over time. Repitition and experience are the most valuable things for this scheme.

vCash
    The OL has to trust each other & Rogers has to trust the WRs

Do those two things & this team can win.

There are WRs running open in the secondary, but a combo of poor trust & communication on the OL to pick up twists & Will not letting it loose, causes the thing to break down.

Improve both of those & this offense is tough to stop. We've got good WRs
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-06-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The OL to trust each other & Rogers has to trust the WRs

There are WRs running open in the secondary, but a combo of poor trust & communication on the OL to pick up twists & Will not letting it loose, causes the thing to break down.

Really good assessment on all. And this is the best group of WRs overall I've seen at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Really good assessment on all. And this is the best group of WRs overall I've seen at State.
    I agree. I think the WRs are good as well. The QB's arm sucks, but he is accurate. That combo should be pretty effective should the OL pick up stunts & not commit penalties.

vCash
    I agree. I think the WRs are good as well. The QB's arm sucks, but he is accurate. That combo should be pretty effective should the OL pick up stunts & not commit penalties.
    Yeah Will is lacking in arm strength but is very accurate(which seems to be the type qbs leach always has). Everything is going to come down to how well our ol plays. I'm just trying to figure out how the switch flipped in the fourth quarter. Looked like a whole new ol in the 4th. Hope that continues. And to give Will credit he played like Tom Brady In that 4th quarter and that's something qbs either have or they dont.

vCash
    I’m optimistic for the rest of the year if we can channel that 4th quarter into every game.

vCash

Well not exactly warm and fuzzy

This ain't exactly warm and fuzzy film study but it's honest.

This OL play is the difference, period. Anyone that that thinks otherwise is wrong.

Either they play well, pick up stunts or we stink. That's about it.

Will Rogers can be better, sure but until they learn to do what they do well, this team will struggle. Leach's offense lives and dies with OL play.

I like that he is turning to the run game in the redzone. That will help insure we don't lose to teams less talented.

I am cautiously optimistic.

There is one thing, Calvin and Tulu are real threats. Those guys can play. If Heath is better than Tulu... that would be nice.

The defense? Those safeties got fooled a bunch in that study. What was a strength is a bit scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    This ain't exactly warm and fuzzy film study but it's honest.

This OL play is the difference, period. Anyone that that thinks otherwise is wrong.

Either they play well, pick up stunts or we stink. That's about it.

Will Rogers can be better, sure but until they learn to do what they do well, this team will struggle. Leach's offense lives and dies with OL play.

I like that he is turning to the run game in the redzone. That will help insure we don't lose to teams less talented.

I am cautiously optimistic.

There is one thing, Calvin and Tulu are real threats. Those guys can play. If Heath is better than Tulu... that would be nice.

The defense? Those safeties got fooled a bunch in that study. What was a strength is a bit scary.
    Will has to be more willing to cut it loose & throw some guys open.

vCash
    Will has to be more willing to cut it loose & throw some guys open.
    Wait, so you say his arm sucks in one post but then come back and says he needs to cut it loose and throw some guys open…..

Help me understand please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Wait, so you say his arm sucks in one post but then come back and says he needs to cut it loose and throw some guys open…..

Help me understand please.
    He's got opportunities but his holding the ball

vCash
    He's got opportunities but his holding the ball
    Yes he doesn't have a cannon but he's got enough arm to push it down the field enough but he's got to make he's hit go get it out quicker.

vCash
    The OL has to trust each other & Rogers has to trust the WRs

Rogers has to do a better job of reading the defense pre-snap. He should mentally know his 1st and 2nd option before the ball is snapped. Then, he has to make quicker decisions and get the ball out quick. He will never have 8 seconds vs SEC defenses. He needs to look at 1, 2, then find a safety valve, take off, or throw it in the stands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Rogers has to do a better job of reading the defense pre-snap. He should mentally know his 1st and 2nd option before the ball is snapped. Then, he has to make quicker decisions and get the ball out quick. He will never have 8 seconds vs SEC defenses. He needs to look at 1, 2, then find a safety valve, take off, or throw it in the stands.
    It's just not that easy

vCash
    It's just not that easy
    Actually, that's the entire premise of this offense.

Banned
    vCash
    It's just not that easy
    Lol. Exactly!! What modern defenses show presnap is useless these days. Everything is disguised until post snap. Our only issue right now is not the o-line’s physical talent as much as it is their ability to pick up twists and stunts. They got better 4th quarter. If the 4th quarter is our team, we will be very good offensively. If the first 3 quarters are the real us we will struggle to win 5. My guess it’s somewhere in the middle and we will be a 6 or 7 win team.

vCash
    I'm betting he grows into a fine QB.