Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Locker Room Leach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Post Game Locker Room Leach

Listening to Matt Wyatt this afternoon he mentioned he heard about Leach's locker room speech post game. He said it was "colorful" and Leach called out the quitters. He told them if they wanted to quit, he and the coaches were going to make them quit.

vCash
    It?s like the second coming of JWS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It?s like the second coming of JWS
    Differences are this:

- In JWS' offense, a missed block just equaled a running play for no gain or a 2 yard loss. In Leach's, the QB gets the 17 knocked out of him & a potential fumble happens.

- In JWS' offense, the more talented team could impose their will, while in Leach's offense everyone has to execute but you have a better chance at upsetting people
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Listening to Matt Wyatt this afternoon he mentioned he heard about Leach's locker room speech post game. He said it was "colorful" and Leach called out the quitters. He told them if they wanted to quit, he and the coaches were going to make them quit.
    He kinda indicated in the post game press conference that it was about to be a bad week for some of those who tried to “quit”
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He kinda indicated in the post game press conference that it was about to be a bad week for some of those who tried to “quit”
    I want to see the Backstroke to the 50. I just want to know WTF has he and his staff been doing. This shouldn't be necessary.

vCash
    I appreciate him doing that, but what does it say about the job he and his staff are doing if he has quitters in game 1? Yikes

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I appreciate him doing that, but what does it say about the job he and his staff are doing if he has quitters in game 1? Yikes
    Im thinkin all teams have a few bad apples; some coaches mention it while others don't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Im thinkin all teams have a few bad apples; some coaches mention it while others don't
    Yea, but they have already been through a 10 game season with most all of these guys plus a Spring practice. I thought the vast majority of bad apples were supposed to have been identified last year and left? Pretty lousy excuse at this point.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, but they have already been through a 10 game season with most all of these guys plus a Spring practice. I thought the vast majority of bad apples were supposed to have been identified last year and left? Pretty lousy excuse at this point.
    And you may have a point too

vCash
    This concerns me the most. This is a different era and kids have to be coached differently than 20 years ago as well. There is a thin line between them accepting responsibility and them hitting the portal. We don't need another season of what happened last year.

vCash
    I agree. I just don't think Leach is gonna work out here. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm still surprised he got hired at State.

vCash
    Yes this will be a problem in 2021 and beyond for MSU with Leach. In year one you expect some of that with a new coach. This is year 2 and we got guys he is playing that ain't on board. Not good.

If Leach works at all this looks like a Croom style decade rebuild for the one year he puts it all together. That ain't what we want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yes this will be a problem in 2021 and beyond for MSU with Leach. In year one you expect some of that with a new coach. This is year 2 and we got guys he is playing that ain't on board. Not good.

If Leach works at all this looks like a Croom style decade rebuild for the one year he puts it all together. That ain't what we want.
    Goodness, you guys are complaining about what Leach said after HIS TEAM just made the largest the comeback in school history?

Evidence shows that they didn't quit. It's pretty astounding evidence that they actually didn't quit. Perhaps he's just challenging them to a higher level, but to be worried about players quitting after the largest comeback in school history seems pretty absurd
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Goodness, you guys are complaining about what Leach said after HIS TEAM just made the largest the comeback in school history?

Evidence shows that they didn't quit. It's pretty astounding evidence that they actually didn't quit. Perhaps he's just challenging them to a higher level, but to be worried about players quitting after the largest comeback in school history seems pretty absurd
    Gun - leach is the one that called them out and called them quitters in his post game pressor - said they were going to address it this week. Not us.

vCash
    "Greatest Comeback in School History". What does that say about our program, that in a hundred plus years of playing and I'm sure a significant number of games where we were behind in the score (16 points or more) we finally came out on top at the end of the game. Not a good look for MSU football. This is what you would call a positive negative. Great that we were finally able to come out on top, but bad that we probably had many opportunities to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Gun - leach is the one that called them out and called them quitters in his post game pressor - said they were going to address it this week. Not us.
    Yeah, I guess he missed that part.

vCash
    We did complete the largest comeback in school history. It may be semantics in choice of wording, but let's be honest - no one on this board or watching that game thought we'd be making the comeback to win - so is it really that surprising some on the sideline thought it was a lost cause?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    We did complete the largest comeback in school history. It may be semantics in choice of wording, but let's be honest - no one on this board or watching that game thought we'd be making the comeback to win - so is it really that surprising some on the sideline thought it was a lost cause?
    I agree, I don't believe there is going to be any kind of bloodletting this week at practice. Now if we had actually lost to La Tech 34-14 I'm sure there would have been, but we didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This concerns me the most. This is a different era and kids have to be coached differently than 20 years ago as well. There is a thin line between them accepting responsibility and them hitting the portal. We don't need another season of what happened last year.
    Last year was excusable because he got here in January and then they did not have a spring or summer. He and the staff didn?t get a chance to see what they had and evaluate during the spring and summer. However, if this stuff is still happening then we have a MAJOR problem and we need to find a way to address it QUICKLY. Leach does this everywhere he goes though. I mean his postgame rants are all over YouTube and he regularly has called out players for being soft, quitting, listening to the outside noise, etc.

Saying all that, until the culture is built he is going to have to accept that he might have 3 or 4 on a team. He can?t just run everyone off that is not lock and step with him or he won?t get the opportunity to build a culture because his ass will be back in Key West after year 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Last year was excusable because he got here in January and then they did not have a spring or summer. He and the staff didn?t get a chance to see what they had and evaluate during the spring and summer. However, if this stuff is still happening then we have a MAJOR problem and we need to find a way to address it QUICKLY. Leach does this everywhere he goes though. I mean his postgame rants are all over YouTube and he regularly has called out players for being soft, quitting, listening to the outside noise, etc.

Saying all that, until the culture is built he is going to have to accept that he might have 3 or 4 on a team. He can?t just run everyone off that is not lock and step with him or he won?t get the opportunity to build a culture because his ass will be back in Key West after year 4.
    Truth, he can't keep running people off. He needs to look into the mirror.