Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- It Was A Win Edition

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    You can be disciplined and not commit penalties then. But you never answered any of my questions.
    I mean if we start doing that then there is no difference but we have not done that so far and it is much easier to be disciplined and not commit penalties run blocking 60 % of the time against future first round draft picks on SEC DL’s. This offense has a higher ceiling if we can actually run it. Hopefully we can get the right athletes at the right spots to do just that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It?s a lot easier to get holding penalties that kill drives when you throw it every down and if you dink and dunk all day you can?t afford to get those penalties.
    Umm...this isn't true at all. I know from experience

7 yards per attempt is not dink and dunk
    Last edited by Cowbell; 09-05-2021 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I mean if we start doing that then there is no difference but we have not done that so far and it is much easier to be disciplined and not commit penalties run blocking 60 % of the time against future first round draft picks on SEC DL’s. This offense has a higher ceiling if we can actually run it. Hopefully we can get the right athletes at the right spots to do just that.
    Maybe we have the right athletes, it's just that they are all true sophomores

vCash
    One of the main problems with using the short passing game as your running game is a tipped pass or drop is just killer for the drive.

vCash
    Next Saturday will tell the tale. We win by 2 touchdowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Umm...this isn't true at all. I know from experience

7 yards per attempt is not dink and dunk
    You do realize that 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 25 = 40.....40 divided by 6 = 7 yds per attempt. But anybody with a brain would say just bc we had one 25 yard gain in those 6 passes, we still dinked and dunked bc the other 5 were 3 yard plays.

My point is, you're making it out like we literally threw 7 yard passes every play, but we didn't. It's an average that can be greatly skewed by a few big gains. I want Leach to win, but cherry picking numbers to try and polish the turd of an offense we've seen a majority of his tenure so far here, isn't helping defend him.

vCash
    I believe a 4-5 win season is very possible. Hell at the start of the 4th qtr a one win season looked possible. Need another game to see how the season shakes out. If we somehow put it together Saturday and win then a 7 win season is possible. I'm not overly optimistic but I'm always a pessimist. Ha

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    You do realize that 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 25 = 40.....40 divided by 6 = 7 yds per attempt. But anybody with a brain would say just bc we had one 25 yard gain in those 6 passes, we still dinked and dunked bc the other 5 were 3 yard plays.

My point is, you're making it out like we literally threw 7 yard passes every play, but we didn't. It's an average that can be greatly skewed by a few big gains. I want Leach to win, but cherry picking numbers to try and polish the turd of an offense we've seen a majority of his tenure so far here, isn't helping defend him.
    Yea but still.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Maybe we have the right athletes, it's just that they are all true sophomores
    I sure hope so.

vCash
    We?ll know a lot more about this team Saturday. Is the sky falling or is it growing pains? As I said previously, coming from behind by three scores in the 4th quarter was impressive as I had already given up any hope of winning. However, the fact that we trailed La Tech and had to come from behind is most definitely concerning.

vCash
    It was a most frustrating win. I believe in dropping my win prediction from 7 to 6.

vCash
    Why are people mad that we are averaging 7.9 yards per attempt. We're gaining almost 8 yards every time we attempt to throw the ball, not just catch it. When was the last time we averaged 7.9 per rush for all of you saying to RTGDF every game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Totally agree here. This is a bigger issue to MSU long term. We have always gotten these guys. Leach isn't interested. He only wants to recruit a few positions - QB and WR.

In the SEC, we gotta get the trenches, best available especially in Miss. Just seems like that isn't happening anymore. That could do way more damage long term than his air raid stuff he has brought in here.
    Leach was quoted the other day saying the o line was the most important unit in the offense. You think he's going to say that and then NOT get offensive linemen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

One exercise for me would be to remove throws to the RB position from the calculations. Those are basically hand-offs in any other offense. Even the dump-offs are a result of Will not seeing open WRs, or there not being any open WRs downfield and just trying to get something before moving on to the next play.

In any event, just looking at the completions to the WR position, everyone but Polk had >10 yards per reception. I'd like more of those but the only issue with our Offense Saturday was sloppy O line play. If that gets cleaned up we'll be okay. We aren't winning the SEC but we'll be okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    One of the main problems with using the short passing game as your running game is a tipped pass or drop is just killer for the drive.
    What's difference in a drop for no gain or a run for no gain?