Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- It Was A Win Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    First place holder in MSU history to throw for 370 yards 83 percent completions and 3 tds with one pick
    Houston Baptist put 38 on them last year. Will has plenty of opportunity ahead of him this season.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The ol problem on twist and stunts is the spacing. Mason has been very vocal about this with Leach and told him it had to change. He?s told myself and others in private meetings that the speed and strength across the d front isn?t something they?ve had to deal with week in and week out before.
    I agree with this.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The ol problem on twist and stunts is the spacing. Mason has been very vocal about this with Leach and told him it had to change. He?s told myself and others in private meetings that the speed and strength across the d front isn?t something they?ve had to deal with week in and week out before.
    They have seen plenty of La Techs in their day. This is more than a talent on defense being too much issue, even though they were not as bad as some are trying to make them seem because we have to protect Will Rogers image at all costs apparently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    They have seen plenty of La Techs in their day. This is more than a talent on defense being too much issue, even though they were not as bad as some are trying to make them seem because we have to protect Will Rogers image at all costs apparently.
    Seriously all these "sec is too fast!" Or "we need more talent!" Posts are idiotic because we just played LOUISIANA TECH! They don't have SEC anything. Wazzou beat teams better than LT with recruiting classes in the 70s.

So no, the issue isn't with SEC anything. We have far far far more basic issues with getting this system working. When we beat bad teams like Leach teams of old, THEN we can evaluate the Air Raid, wide splits, etc. Till we can block a 3 man rush with a twist by LT, we can't say the system doesn't work in the SEC

vCash
    Not sure we'll ever be good enough at tackle to handle sec DEs on an island

ETA... now as much as I hate our blocking scheme, yesterday, we shoulda been talented enough to handle them
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-05-2021 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Houston Baptist put 38 on them last year. Will has plenty of opportunity ahead of him this season.
    Yeah before 19 transfers. You know as well as I do shit happens sometimes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not sure we'll ever be good enough at tackle to handle sec DEs on an island

ETA... now as much as I hate our blocking scheme, yesterday, we shoulda been talented enough to handle them
    I agree but Lashley has never played really in college, Dolla Bill never played really. Cross was good for most of the day but got beat one time and allowed the strip sack. They will get better. We are huge up front they will figure it out. We should be much better at zone this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I agree but Lashley has never played really in college, Dolla Bill never played really. Cross was good for most of the day but got beat one time and allowed the strip sack. They will get better. We are huge up front they will figure it out. We should be much better at zone this year
    Which gets back to what Wyatt was taking about on his pod earlier this week - the talent is there, but it has little experience. It's going to take some time for it to gel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with our recruiting of OL and DL players. Every time I see a commitment mentioned I'm hoping that it is a DL or OL player. Most of the time, however, it is a W/R or D/B. Seems like that has been our problem forever, and if you can't get quality linemen, you are not going to be a great team.
    Totally agree here. This is a bigger issue to MSU long term. We have always gotten these guys. Leach isn't interested. He only wants to recruit a few positions - QB and WR.

In the SEC, we gotta get the trenches, best available especially in Miss. Just seems like that isn't happening anymore. That could do way more damage long term than his air raid stuff he has brought in here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Which gets back to what Wyatt was taking about on his pod earlier this week - the talent is there, but it has little experience. It's going to take some time for it to gel.
    Yes and they really did play well in the 4th quarter. Now let's hope we can carry that forward.

Banned
    vCash
    Seems forever since we've had a Chris Jones...j Simmons....montez sweat and that bad ass from zoo town playin in Philly.. Now I remember. Fletcher Cox
    Last edited by OLJWales; 09-06-2021 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    C34 - Reality check. State will never hire who you want in any sport. Give it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    C34 - Reality check. State will never hire who you want in any sport. Give it up.
    Unless they hired c34 himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Unless they hired c34 himself
    You're kidding right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You're kidding right?
    I thought that was understood 😂

Although I'm sure it would make him happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Not even remotely true

We made the perfect hire in Mullen. Loved him. Only problems I had with him was not spending the money on Cam, giving up too easy on out of state 4 stars, and his constant job shopping. I wasnt against the Jovester hiring but he showed quickly he wasnt the guy for the job. I like Leach alot as a person. He is funny, smartass, and a conservative. Not to mention I love the beach as well. I just hate his offense. He will adjust or the SEC will teach him that lesson. I thought they already had in match-ups prior to coming to the SEC.

I loved the Howland hire. I was surprised it happened but underestimated how much Adidas wanted their guy back in college basketball. Been good for us and this year looks like it could be very exciting.

Lemon has proven to be a good hire. I dont agree with the extreme dependence on analytics and the pitching decisions drive me crazy at times but he recruits his ass off. His teams are tough. He is our guy for the next 15 years unless he ****s it up somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    agreed. RB's caught over 100 passes last season. Had 12 catches yesterday. It's hard to watch
    Let me ask this, what's the difference in short passes that gain 5 yds or short runs? Because if we ran it for 5 yds/carry we would say we shoved it up their a**! But if we hit short passes for the same yardage, the O sucks and is hard to watch. I don't care if we run it 50 times a game or pass it 50 times a game as long as it's affective and we win.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Let me ask this, what's the difference in short passes that gain 5 yds or short runs? Because if we ran it for 5 yds/carry we would say we shoved it up their a**! But if we hit short passes for the same yardage, the O sucks and is hard to watch. I don't care if we run it 50 times a game or pass it 50 times a game as long as it's affective and we win.
    It’s a lot easier to get holding penalties that kill drives when you throw it every down and if you dink and dunk all day you can’t afford to get those penalties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It’s a lot easier to get holding penalties that kill drives when you throw it every down and if you dink and dunk all day you can’t afford to get those penalties.
    You can be disciplined and not commit penalties then. But you never answered any of my questions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Seems forever since we've had a Chris Jones...j Simmons....montez sweat and that bad ass from zoo town playin in Philly
    Yep, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting those type guys again.