Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- It Was A Win Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not sure about your reading comprehension. I clearly said 4/5 win team that would not make it to a bowl game. That's a pretty definite line drawn.
    No. You explicitly called us a 4-win team in multiple posts:

4 wins will still be 4 wins. This team had to score 21 points in the 4th to beat the 2nd worst team on its schedule
    Our best hope is that after this 4-8 season Leach decides he has enough money and heads to Key West
    Is your head so far up your own ass that you legitimately can't remember what you typed out a few hours ago? Or did you just not realize we're playing Vanderbilt again this year and weren't counting that as a win last night?

vCash
    No Bowl Game for us in 2021

Comprehend that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    No Bowl Game for us in 2021

Comprehend that
    I'm sure before long you'll walk it back to "only a minor bowl game," just like you walked back "4 wins" to "4 or 5 wins."

vCash
    I think we may get to 5 wins.

Tenn St and Vandy for sure. Then I think we could win 2 more between NC State, Memphis, Arky, and Kentucky. OM has moved to the L column for me. So my new prediction is 5 wins with a shot at 6.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    This offense was exciting at Wash. St. because they were going up against powder puff defenses. 5 yard crossing routes often turned into 60 yard td's. 5 yard crossing routes in the SEC often turn into 5 yards. And sometimes not.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'm sure before long you'll walk it back to "only a minor bowl game," just like you walked back "4 wins" to "4 or 5 wins."
    Is "4-5" vs "4" worthy of a pissin match?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    This offense was exciting at Wash. St. because they were going up against powder puff defenses. 5 yard crossing routes often turned into 60 yard td's. 5 yard crossing routes in the SEC often turn into 5 yards. And sometimes not.
    We just played a powder puff defense from CUSA. Something else is wrong than strength of opponent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think we may get to 5 wins.

Tenn St and Vandy for sure. Then I think we could win 2 more between NC State, Memphis, Arky, and Kentucky. OM has moved to the L column for me. So my new prediction is 5 wins with a shot at 6.
    What's funny is they are having this same discussion on TigerDroppings. But they think Kentucky is gonna beat the corn dog stink off of them. They also think we give them a close game. They don't see O winning more than 6 games tops.

I'm not pumping anymore sunshine but I want to see how we handle the next three before I jump off the cliff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Yes.

It would be totally fine if he said "Last night I was pretty sure we would be 4-8 but after taking a second look at the schedule I think we have a better shot at 5 than I realized. I will do better at knowing my facts before I post next time." Instead he does his typical BS of making a bunch of different predictions so he'll have something to point back to no matter what happens. At least this way, we've gotten a concrete, big bold letters prediction of "No bowl in 2021" out of him.

And I would expect nothing less from him if the tables were turned. The one time I posted something factually wrong since joining in 2013, he pointed out almost immediately, and I corrected it.

vCash
    Yes.

It would be totally fine if he said "Last night I was pretty sure we would be 4-8 but after taking a second look at the schedule I think we have a better shot at 5 than I realized. I will do better at knowing my facts before I post next time." Instead he does his typical BS of making a bunch of different predictions so he'll have something to point back to no matter what happens. At least this way, we've gotten a concrete, big bold letters prediction of "No bowl in 2021" out of him.

And I would expect nothing less from him if the tables were turned. The one time I posted something factually wrong since joining in 2013, he pointed out almost immediately, and I corrected it.
    He gonna be pissed when we make a bowl at 5-7 lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Very good assessment especially #3 & 5. Rob Morgan is perfect but I was thinking more of a better Henig.
    Hening had a cannon. He just wasn't accurate or had any quality QB coaching.

Banned
    vCash
    Yes.

You've been wrong only once in 8 years? Impressive.

vCash
    You've been wrong only once in 8 years? Impressive.
    Yes, in a great humiliation I once posted that Nevada's overtime win over Boise State was in 2011 when it actually happened in 2010.

vCash
    Until State gets better players, they will not be a better team. Just stating the obvious.

vCash
    This type of season is right in the C34 wheelhouse?he?s picked us to win very few and now being right about that will be more important than state having a good season. I?ll be prepared for him to gloat after any loss.

And for the record I don?t necessarily disagree with C34?but I do hope we figure some things out. Hope.

Archimedes
    vCash
    1. I love the opening Saturday of college football. It's like Christmas morning for me every year. I should have grilled but with so many great games, I went the easy route and cooked a pot of red beans and rice. Added Bryan's Smokeyhollow sausage and some ham as well. Tony's as well for more flavor.

2. We won the pillow fight. You could see it coming after the kickoff return and quick score in the 4th. Tech played soft on that possession, playing not to lose. We kicked it in from there. Terrible job by Holtz on that last possession of not trying to get 10-15 more yards or so. He played soft and it cost them.

3. Will Rogers is a placeholder until a more talented player is ready. He's a slightly more talented Rob Morgan. He doesn't have the arm, pocket presence, or escapability to be a bigtime QB. But he does have toughness and football sense. We can get by with him in the short term but there is no way Leach wins any big game with him as QB.

4. Marks looks great. 11/71 and one of those carries a was 1 yd TD. We ran the ball well.

5. Speaking of- this is why this shit isn't going to work. We threw the ball 52 times yesterday (47 passes and 5 Rogers carries) and only ran the ball 14 times. Part of being good on offense is keeping defenses guessing. What are they going to do here? We don't make DC's guess anything. Defenses play pass against us every play. It's why they are able to dial up pressure often. It's why there is rarely anything downfield for us-we do nothing to force the safeties to have to come up at all. They just sit back playing CF. It's 7 on 7 with a running play once in a blue moon.

6. The OL run blocked well. 14/84 by the RB's. The OL did not handle the twists and stunts very well at all. The OL coach is not getting thru to these guys or something. That's just basic OL play that is practiced every day. We got quite a bit of pressure from one of the weaker DL's we will play this Fall. 3 sacks, holds and false starts. Lashley graded out pretty well but the rest looked like ass.

7. We are improved at WR. Heath didnt even play and we didnt miss a beat. It wasn't all dump offs to the RB's yesterday as Polk caught 10 balls. Williams got catches in the middle, and Walley made some big plays. RB, WR, and CB has some talent on this team again.

8. We do not have a top 5 SEC defense. Georgia, Bama, A&M- those are what top SEC D's look like. We gave up 27 points and 370 yards to an offense that wasnt all that good. This bunch was picked in the bottom half of C-USA. Losing Davis hurt and you can see it. 1 sack yesterday with all the pressure we brought. We have bring pressure in tough situations because we have no pass rush. That's going to cost us as the season goes. Look for NC State to have some stuff ready for the blitz on big downs.

9. We are pretty good at LB and CB tho. Forbes and Emerson do a great job in man coverage. I loved their physicality against the Tech WR's. Be physical the refs won't call PI that often. Set the tone for the game. They did. They played lesser players yesterday and won most of the battles. Long road ahead tho.

10. Anything can happen in sports but this looks like a 4/5 win team in 2021. Our best hope is that Leach decides he has enough money and heads to Key West to live out the rest of his life. I know that is going to trigger some of you and I don't care. You will see things my way after this year's Egg Bowl when the bowl streak ends. At least we arent Vandy.
    The ol problem on twist and stunts is the spacing. Mason has been very vocal about this with Leach and told him it had to change. He?s told myself and others in private meetings that the speed and strength across the d front isn?t something they?ve had to deal with week in and week out before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Until State gets better players, they will not be a better team. Just stating the obvious.
    We have top 30 recruiting every year yet need homefiled advantage and a missed fg to beat... Louisiana Tech? What do they recruit, in the 70s? 80s?

If the problem was "better players" then we'd need to recruit at a Bama level to beat a borderline top 25 team.

Leach proved at his last 2 jobs you don't need a talent advantage to make the system work. So clearly, the problem is coaching. What group killed the O drive after drive? The OL, with a shout out to fumbles. The 2nd can be cleaned up quick but the OL sucked last year too so I think it's time to upgrade the coach there

vCash
    ^^THIS^^^

Who give a shit.

vCash
    First place holder in MSU history to throw for 370 yards 83 percent completions and 3 tds with one pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Hening had a cannon. He just wasn't accurate or had any quality QB coaching.
    And best I can remember a sieve for an OL.