Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Oh it?s definitely not all on him. He just happened to play extremely poorly and looked lost for 3 quarters. I?m glad he figured it out but please stop bragging about him making a miraculous comeback against an awful La Tech team. It?s embarrassing. If you thing the OL at any SEC school is going to give Will the time he apparently thinks he needs to find an open receiver I?ve got some ocean front property for you. He holds on to the ball way too long way too often. Will was a bigger problem than the OL. He is checking the ball down with wide open receivers running down field. The turnover with a strip sack was 100 % on the OL and there were 2 other Ol breakdowns where he didn?t have time. The rest of the pressure was on Will not getting the ball out on time. When you throw it as much as we do you?re going to have protection breakdowns.
    Dude I usually like your takes but you are way off. Way off.

vCash
    Outside of the turnovers and penalties that were mainly not his fault, Will was the main problem offensively. He does not have the arm strength to throw the ball down field against superior athletes and that will be evident when we don?t play La Tech type defenses and he holds the ball way too long. He can?t help his arm strength issues but he better figure out how to get the ball out like he did in the 4th quarter going forward. The OL wasn?t blocking any better he just got rid of the ball on time. My rankings of offensive issues yesterday goes

1) Will
    2) Turnovers
    3) Penalties
    4) OL
    I just don't know how you say Will was the #1 problem yesterday. If you take away the penalties and turnovers we were mostly driving it right down the field. We shot ourselves in the foot.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 09-05-2021 at 09:08 PM.

vCash
    We had 16 possessions yesterday. 1 ended with the Will pic 6, 1 with the Will fumble that's 100% on the LT that didn't touch the rusher. It's called the "blind side" for a reason, there was no way for Will to feel that coming.

We also had 4 fumbles beyond that.

So 5/16 possessions ended on turnovers that weren't Wills fault. Of the other 10 possessions, we scored on half, and had drive killing holds on 3 others. Also, the OL was letting Will get pressured by a 3/4 man rush.

So of 16 possessions, 5 were turnovers that weren't Wills fault, 1 was a Will turnover, 5 were TDs, and 5 were assorted states of OL sucking and the whole O sucking, sure Will included.

How ANYONE can pin this on Will is beyond me. Block the man infront of you, hold onto the football, and we win by 3 scores yesterday

Banned
    vCash
    We need to figure out how to block better for our receivers if we gonna just dump 4-5 yd passes off.

vCash
    This to put an end to the discussion relative to Will. the Coach, the team.

Fourth quarter stats yesterday

WILL 9-9 113 yards YPA 12.5555556 two catches by running backs for 13 yards

What if the team had played like that the whole game

How would all of you feel about all of them and the rest of the season? That is why you practice, to perfect everything. To my knowledge no one has ever accomplished perfection. The key is to get as close as you can.

Enjoy the season for; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdhA...nel=crazyshy84

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    This to put an end to the discussion relative to Will. the Coach, the team.

Fourth quarter stats yesterday

WILL 9-9 113 yards YPA 12.5555556 two catches by running backs for 13 yards

What if the team had played like that the whole game

How would all of you feel about all of them and the rest of the season? That is why you practice, to perfect everything. To my knowledge no one has ever accomplished perfection. The key is to get as close as you can.

Enjoy the season for; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdhA...nel=crazyshy84
    LMAO. Dat wuz WRONG!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I just know how you say Will was the #1 problem yesterday. If you take away the penalties and turnovers we were mostly driving it right down the field. We shot ourselves in the foot.
    Ok. Will sucked for 3 quarters. He was not the only one that sucked but when you play the most important position on the field and others around you also are not playing great you are the one who affects the outcome the most when you also play poor. The idea that the OL was throwing lookout blocks the entire game is false. They had a ton of penalties which is ridiculous and a couple of people had stupid turnovers. The one specific thing that hurt the most was Will holding on to the ball too long because he’s scared to throw the ball downfield because he has very little arm strength. He padded stats well yesterday but if you watched that and came away with a positive view of our quarterback you are not watching the same game as most.

vCash
    Ok. Will sucked for 3 quarters. He was not the only one that sucked but when you play the most important position on the field and others around you also are not playing great you are the one who affects the outcome the most when you also play poor. The idea that the OL was throwing lookout blocks the entire game is false. They had a ton of penalties which is ridiculous and a couple of people had stupid turnovers. The one specific thing that hurt the most was Will holding on to the ball too long because he’s scared to throw the ball downfield because he has very little arm strength. He padded stats well yesterday but if you watched that and came away with a positive view of our quarterback you are not watching the same game as most.
    You have no idea what youre talking about when it comes to Will Rogers haha trust me he is not scared to throw it deep.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    You have no idea what youre talking about when it comes to Will Rogers haha trust me he is not scared to throw it deep.
    He is either scared to throw it deep or he can’t see wide open targets down field. It’s one or the other.

vCash
    You know it's gonna happen, because we Mstate everything up.

Rogers will be just effective enough to keep his QB1 spot the next couple of years.

And Sawyer will transfer out and become an All-American somewhere else and maybe win a championship at some level.

vCash
    He is either scared to throw it deep or he can’t see wide open targets down field. It’s one or the other.
    Maybe, just maybe he is taking what the defense gives him most of the time. I am
    By no means saying he played perfect but he is not the biggest problem

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Maybe, just maybe he is taking what the defense gives him most of the time. I am
    By no means saying he played perfect but he is not the biggest problem
    He isn’t just taking what the defense gives him. The defense didn’t change but where he went with the ball did in the 4th quarter. They were that open all game. I was on Will’s bandwagon before the year and I will be at the game Saturday and every other game this year, but he was a major problem yesterday for 3 quarters. If he plays well going forward I will give him kudos. Unlike some when information changes I will change my opinion. We may end up winning a bunch of games and scoring a bunch of points. If will plays like he did yesterday for the first 3 quarters we will not, Turnovers and penalties or not.

vCash
    He isn?t just taking what the defense gives him. The defense didn?t change but where he went with the ball did in the 4th quarter. They were that open all game. I was on Will?s bandwagon before the year and I will be at the game Saturday and every other game this year, but he was a major problem yesterday for 3 quarters. If he plays well going forward I will give him kudos. Unlike some when information changes I will change my opinion. We may end up winning a bunch of games and scoring a bunch of points. If will plays like he did yesterday for the first 3 quarters we will not, Turnovers and penalties or not.
    He was good for 2 quarters - perfect 1

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He was good for 2 quarters - perfect 1
    He was playing Louisiana tech. That is not an acceptable performance. We have way more talent than them. If he played yesterday’s game against Texas A&M no One would bat an eye.

vCash
    He was playing Louisiana tech. That is not an acceptable performance. We have way more talent than them. If he played yesterday?s game against Texas A&M no One would bat an eye.
    Not the point of my statement / if you want to make an argument for or against something don't stretch it into something different than it is - it makes your argument invalid

vCash
    I know you are going to die on your hill, but exactly how many shots downfield would appease you? How many deep shots do you think are there to be made? I would say in average game against a normal defense, you would hope to complete, what, 2 maybe 3 in a game? So how many are we supposed to complete when the defense is playing back trying to take away the deep ball? Again, nobody is saying Will had a great game. But to say he is the number 1 problem when we had turnovers and penalties galore to kill drives just doesn't add up to me.

Edit: I do agree his arm strength does look lacking. Those long out routes looked like they took forever to get there. But I don't know if he's just trying to accurate and not try to gun it every throw. But to be a qb on a sec scholarship, I bet he can throw a decent deep ball if given a shot. But that's just a guess by me.*
    Last edited by Bdawg; 09-05-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I know you are going to die on your hill, but exactly how many shots downfield would appease you? How many deep shots do you think are there to be made? I would say in average game against a normal defense, you would hope to complete, what, 2 maybe 3 in a game? So how many are we supposed to complete when the defense is playing back trying to take away the deep ball? Again, nobody is saying Will had a great game. But to say he is the number 1 problem when we had turnovers and penalties galore to kill drives just doesn't add up to me.
    There were at least 7 or 8 times when Will didn’t throw intermediate routes that were wide ass open. I’m not talking about throwing vertical routes. I’m talking about the intermediate routes that were wide open all day and he either scrambled or checked it down or took a sack. He had a great completion % but if he is throwing them to the wrong targets that means little when we have 14 points on Louisiana tech through 3 quarters. He gets credit for hitting those routes in the 4th quarter but there is only so much credit to give when La Tech is the opponent. Just because I think he played really bad for a large portion of the game does not mean I think everyone else played well on offense. The penalties and fumbles by a guy who keeps getting free passes for fumbling in huge moments have to stop. It’s unacceptable.

vCash
    There were at least 7 or 8 times when Will didn’t throw intermediate routes that were wide ass open. I’m not talking about throwing vertical routes. I’m talking about the intermediate routes that were wide open all day and he either scrambled or checked it down or took a sack. He had a great completion % but if he is throwing them to the wrong targets that means little when we have 14 points on Louisiana tech through 3 quarters. He gets credit for hitting those routes in the 4th quarter but there is only so much credit to give when La Tech is the opponent. Just because I think he played really bad for a large portion of the game does not mean I think everyone else played well on offense. The penalties and fumbles by a guy who keeps getting free passes for fumbling in huge moments have to stop. It’s unacceptable.
    This is your most rational post of the day. Yeah I'm sure he missed some routes. It's is the first game, and there are a few new receivers to get used to. I believe the if the OL gets better, he could find those routes easier too. Like you said, he had to scramble some. Build off the fourth quarter and learn from the second and third quarter. If he doesn't get better and someone can bet him out, then by all means let the best man play.

vCash
    Will missing wide open receivers downfield only to check it down to the tailback or him holding the ball too long to get a sack was our main issue outside the penalties and turnovers yesterday. He had the single worst performance of the game and many wouldn?t know it because his stats look good like they always will in this offense. He has to push the ball down field more often. We had all 11 on La Tech?s defense within 8 yards of the LOS for a large portion of the game and we kept throwing screens and check downs. He?s got to be able to check out of that and I believe the reason he won?t is because he knows he has a really limited arm and is scared of throwing interceptions. He has to be much better. The OL in D1 football isn?t going to give you an eternity at any place not named Alabama so he better start reacting the way he did in the 4th quarter on a more consistent basis.
    I wish we would check up instead of check down for a play or two.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The reality is some of our fans do not like Leach because he throws the ball a lot and they want us to have a dual threat QB that rushes for 100 yards a game and completes 50% of his passes.

And by proxy they don't like Will because he isn't going to rush for a thousand yards a game either.
    Exactly. It?s ridiculous. What leach does works. Period.