Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Good kid…but who is more talented, him or the LaTech qb?
    We’ll have to wait and compare Will as a 6 year senior vs the La Tech QB.

Yes, I know that won’t happen now but that’s the fact. Dude is a 6 year player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Outside of the turnovers and penalties that were mainly not his fault, Will was the main problem offensively. He does not have the arm strength to throw the ball down field against superior athletes and that will be evident when we don’t play La Tech type defenses and he holds the ball way too long. He can’t help his arm strength issues but he better figure out how to get the ball out like he did in the 4th quarter going forward. The OL wasn’t blocking any better he just got rid of the ball on time. My rankings of offensive issues yesterday goes

1) Will
    2) Turnovers
    3) Penalties
    4) OL

You usually have some good football talking points, but this is one of your worst. Had Will thrown multiple INT’s or taking more sack than he did then maybe. But the fact that you put OLINE last is comical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    We’ll have to wait and compare Will as a 6 year senior vs the La Tech QB.

Yes, I know that won’t happen now but that’s the fact. Dude is a 6 year player
    Yeah, La Tech's QB is a grown ass man with a year of eligibility left. His maturity and experience held that offense together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    39/47 for 370 yards 3TD/1int
    For you stat guys (7) - That's 83% @ 7.9 yds/att.
    And some of you guys act like he's our weakness. I just can't understand it. Some of you boys need to go back and watch the Croom era - we have come a long ways. Heck go watch the joemo era....
    When is the last time we had a qb do that and we thought they were below average? As a sophomore? Some of you forget how many passes dak would sail over the running backs on those little "dink and dunks"

And im not talking about Leachs scheme - that still needs work.
    My only problems with him are: Slow feet in the pocket moves like a mule standing in mud. Holds the ball way too long throw it out of bounds quit the the sacks. I am am telling you all if we had a running QB like Fitz this offense would be very dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Good kid?but who is more talented, him or the LaTech qb?
    One is at State and the other has been all over and wasnt even playing football.

I think Ill go with the one who hasnt left multiple programs. Im not sure Kendall is more talented but talent is not all its about
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 09-05-2021 at 10:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Will didn?t have a bad day, but I believe numerous other QBs could?ve done the same.

My frustration isn?t with Will but rather with the fact that we don?t have someone more talented. He?s awfully generic from an ability standpoint and I just don?t think MSU can win like that.

MSU needs a play maker at QB. Whether that guy has a rocket arm or can really run, we need someone that can make something happen when things around them aren?t perfect.
    You mean like being down 20 points in the 4th quarter but leading ur team to a victory?/ a quarter back like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Will didn?t have a bad day, but I believe numerous other QBs could?ve done the same.

My frustration isn?t with Will but rather with the fact that we don?t have someone more talented. He?s awfully generic from an ability standpoint and I just don?t think MSU can win like that.

MSU needs a play maker at QB. Whether that guy has a rocket arm or can really run, we need someone that can make something happen when things around them aren?t perfect.
    Idk how much less perfect things can go than being down by 20 in the 4th.

Will is going to own every passing record the school has and some on here are just going to have to be mad about it. He is also going to win a lot of ball games. The kid just brought us back from the largest deficit in school history but he just aint good enough for us haha

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    You usually have some good football talking points, but this is one of your worst. Had Will thrown multiple INT?s or taking more sack than he did then maybe. But the fact that you put OLINE last is comical.
    Will missing wide open receivers downfield only to check it down to the tailback or him holding the ball too long to get a sack was our main issue outside the penalties and turnovers yesterday. He had the single worst performance of the game and many wouldn’t know it because his stats look good like they always will in this offense. He has to push the ball down field more often. We had all 11 on La Tech’s defense within 8 yards of the LOS for a large portion of the game and we kept throwing screens and check downs. He’s got to be able to check out of that and I believe the reason he won’t is because he knows he has a really limited arm and is scared of throwing interceptions. He has to be much better. The OL in D1 football isn’t going to give you an eternity at any place not named Alabama so he better start reacting the way he did in the 4th quarter on a more consistent basis.
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-05-2021 at 10:21 AM.

vCash

Not exactly

Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    My only problems with him are: Slow feet in the pocket moves like a mule standing in mud. Holds the ball way too long throw it out of bounds quit the the sacks. I am am telling you all if we had a running QB like Fitz this offense would be very dangerous.
    Defenses would game plan Fitz differently. There would be a lot more trying to contain him and make him beat them with his arm, which he could not do.

What this offense needs is a guy like Russell Wilson? He is mobile to be pass first and will run as needed to get the 1st down and never seems to get hit. Guys like Fitz take too many hits and even get tired after so many runs and become less effective throwing. In this offense, it's the QB's job to find the playmakers, not to be one unless that is the only option. You need that guy there every play. He can't come out for a breather.

This offense requires the short easy throw to be made consistently and Fitz was never that guy. At one point I heard Rogers had double digit passes completed. I am hoping we see a guy with all the skills takeover but until then, Rogers is our guy and he can get better. I as at 7-8 wins preseason, I am not giving up on that but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling after what I saw yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Lets compare Leach vs your knowledge of QBs for his offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

Will is going to own every passing record the school has and some on here are just going to have to be mad about it. He is also going to win a lot of ball games. The kid just brought us back from the largest deficit in school history but he just aint good enough for us haha
    He competes. He wasn't perfect by any means. But he wasn't our main problem either. Not close.

vCash
    Funny yall bring up Fitz, I have never seen two players hated on more here than him and Will.

Both of them compete and one of them is the without question leader of the team

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

Bragging about someone bringing us back from a 20 point deficit against La Tech when he was the quarterback that got us in the mess to start with ain’t it chief. Just no.

vCash
    Bragging about someone bringing us back from a 20 point deficit against La Tech when he was the quarterback that got us in the mess to start with ain’t it chief. Just no.
    Yeah its def on Will that we couldnt block a simple end nose twist or that we couldnt catch the ball at times nor hang on to it. I am not saying he was perfect.

Shitting on a kid and blaming it all on him when he brought us back and completed his last ELEVEN passes to win it aint it either chief

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Yeah its def on Will that we couldnt block a simple end nose twist or that we couldnt catch the ball at times nor hang on to it. I am not saying he was perfect.

Shitting on a kid and blaming it all on him when he brought us back and completed his last ELEVEN passes to win it aint it either chief
    Oh it’s definitely not all on him. He just happened to play extremely poorly and looked lost for 3 quarters. I’m glad he figured it out but please stop bragging about him making a miraculous comeback against an awful La Tech team. It’s embarrassing. If you thing the OL at any SEC school is going to give Will the time he apparently thinks he needs to find an open receiver I’ve got some ocean front property for you. He holds on to the ball way too long way too often. Will was a bigger problem than the OL. He is checking the ball down with wide open receivers running down field. The turnover with a strip sack was 100 % on the OL and there were 2 other Ol breakdowns where he didn’t have time. The rest of the pressure was on Will not getting the ball out on time. When you throw it as much as we do you’re going to have protection breakdowns.
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-05-2021 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The reality is some of our fans do not like Leach because he throws the ball a lot and they want us to have a dual threat QB that rushes for 100 yards a game and completes 50% of his passes.

And by proxy they don't like Will because he isn't going to rush for a thousand yards a game either.

I'm kind of in this mindset as well... I know Will isn't a Dan Marino but he can play and if he can get some help from better game planning and getting the O-line to gel soon ... If I remember correctly Will was only responsible for one turnover- the fumbles came from the receivers.... I think a running QB like Fitz or Schrader would have done better in this offense since we aren't stretching the field but make no mistake about it .... if this air raid thing would work in this conference then someone would already be playing it . I think we have enough talent to win 7-8 games but just not with this game plan ... I completely understand other posters concerns and consternation but I also don't think it should be directed towards our players... it should be directed towards the top . Now after saying that, I will also say The man needs to have judgement postponed until ext year . It's so easy to make a judgment based on emotion.
    Don't crucify me because I was as hard on Leach last year as anyone, but we are just too invested at this time to not give the guy a chance
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Oh it’s definitely not all on him. He just happened to play extremely poorly and looked lost for 3 quarters. I’m glad he figured it out but please stop bragging about him making a miraculous comeback against an awful La Tech team. It’s embarrassing. If you thing the OL at any SEC school is going to give Will the time he apparently thinks he needs to find an open receiver I’ve got some ocean front property for you. He holds on to the ball way too long way too often. Will was a bigger problem than the OL. He is checking the ball down with wide open receivers running down field.
    We will just have to agree to disagree. That wasnt an awful team by any stretch. And when the corners are bailing off with safeties buzzing down and closing the middle of the field you have to throw quick game and hit them underneath which is exactly what he did. The penalties and turnovers were why we were behind. Will and the teams belief were the reason we came back when many others would have not.

vCash
    I mean Leach even said after the game when Will struggled it was bc he was trying to show off his arm too much and be too clever. To your point he did also say he misssed an open WR on the pick 6.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We will just have to agree to disagree. That wasnt an awful team by any stretch. And when the corners are bailing off with safeties buzzing down and closing the middle of the field you have to throw quick game and hit them underneath which is exactly what he did. The penalties and turnovers were why we were behind. Will and the teams belief were the reason we came back when many others would have not.
    The defense La Tech ran in the 4th quarter was the same they ran the entire game. The difference was Will made quick decisions in the 4th and we went with a little more urgency. He was the difference both good and bad yesterday outside of penalties and turnovers that had nothing to do with him.

vCash
    I mean Leach even said after the game when Will struggled it was bc he was trying to show off his arm too much and be too clever. To your point he did also say he misssed an open WR on the pick 6.
    If Leach said that he was high off water or something. The only passes Will threw over 15 yards he completed. He should "show it off" more often.