Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will...

vCash

Will...

39/47 for 370 yards 3TD/1int
    For you stat guys (7) - That's 83% @ 7.9 yds/att.
    And some of you guys act like he's our weakness. I just can't understand it. Some of you boys need to go back and watch the Croom era - we have come a long ways. Heck go watch the joemo era....
    When is the last time we had a qb do that and we thought they were below average? As a sophomore? Some of you forget how many passes dak would sail over the running backs on those little "dink and dunks"

And im not talking about Leachs scheme - that still needs work.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 09-05-2021 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    I’m in agreement with you. Those numbers look really good.

vCash
    The reality is some of our fans do not like Leach because he throws the ball a lot and they want us to have a dual threat QB that rushes for 100 yards a game and completes 50% of his passes.

And by proxy they don't like Will because he isn't going to rush for a thousand yards a game either.

vCash
    Good kid…but who is more talented, him or the LaTech qb?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    What's your point?

vCash
    Great end of the game for him and the whole team. Nice to see the yds/att tick up yesterday. Let's see what the team does next week. I think we'll be a dog, and I'm pretty worried

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    The La Tech QB was a drug rep with his own laptop and company car just a few months ago. I don't think he went through spring practice. He showed up for fall camp. The defensive coaches really underestimated this dude's talent level. And turning the ball over 4 effing times was like squirting lighter fluid on a brush fire.

vCash
    Will Rogers is a helluva QB.

It's the scheme. Throwing into 8 DBs every play. His OL has ridiculous wide splits and aren't athletic enough to cover the inside and outside shoulder. OL needs a lot of work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The La Tech QB was a drug rep with his own laptop and company car just a few months ago. I don't think he went through spring practice. He showed up for fall camp. The defensive coaches really underestimated this dude's talent level. And turning the ball over 4 effing times was like squirting lighter fluid on a brush fire.
    They turned it over twice for 14 points, thank God

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Great end of the game for him and the whole team. Nice to see the yds/att tick up yesterday. Let's see what the team does next week. I think we'll be a dog, and I'm pretty worried
    One of two things will happen next:

1) We look like ass again. Our 5 can't block their 3. We turn the ball over 3 or 4 times. The defense can't get to the QB. We lose embarrassingly or just barely win by the skin of our teeth again.

Or...

2) We get a fire lit under our asses and we come out with an urgency to win the game. The offense looks like it did in the 4th quarter, making plays. The defense comes out with their hair on fire and we get plenty of pressure on the QB. We win the game by three touchdowns.

We will see what this team is made of next Saturday.

vCash
    Will is a great kid. He?d be a school legend if he were at belhaven with the rest of this offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    What's your point?
    I just don’t think we have an SEC level qb talent wise, and playing behind a mediocre at best OL makes it even more difficult for him.

But he is what we have and he does play hard so maybe we can still find a way to have a decent season

vCash
    Will was very accurate on his passes.

HOWEVER, he was holding the ball too long and telegraphing some of his passes.

He never got sacked in less than 4 seconds. Telegraphing his passes will be a problem when he is playing against faster, quicker d-backs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post

He never got sacked in less than 4 seconds. Telegraphing his passes will be a problem when he is playing against faster, quicker d-backs.
    Yes if he doesn't stop staring down who he is throwing to those int are going to increase fast.

Also our o line has to step up. Defense has to get pressure and stop giving up big plays. We have a long way to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post

But how many times was he hurried in less than 4 secs? Sacks don't tell the whole story. A hurry led to a bad decision by Will for the pick. Hurries, sacks, and penalties gives you a better idea of how the line played(and it wasn't very good). OL has to hold blocks better if we want to throw longer developing and deeper routes. I agree with you on the other stuff about Will. Gets your eyes better and speed up decision making a little.

vCash
    Will didn?t have a bad day, but I believe numerous other QBs could?ve done the same.

My frustration isn?t with Will but rather with the fact that we don?t have someone more talented. He?s awfully generic from an ability standpoint and I just don?t think MSU can win like that.

MSU needs a play maker at QB. Whether that guy has a rocket arm or can really run, we need someone that can make something happen when things around them aren?t perfect.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    But how many times was he hurried in less than 4 secs? Sacks don't tell the whole story. A hurry led to a bad decision by Will for the pick. Hurries, sacks, and penalties gives you a better idea of how the line played(and it wasn't very good). OL has to hold blocks better if we want to throw longer developing and deeper routes. I agree with you on the other stuff about Will. Gets your eyes better and speed up decision making a little.
    Outside of the turnovers and penalties that were mainly not his fault, Will was the main problem offensively. He does not have the arm strength to throw the ball down field against superior athletes and that will be evident when we don’t play La Tech type defenses and he holds the ball way too long. He can’t help his arm strength issues but he better figure out how to get the ball out like he did in the 4th quarter going forward. The OL wasn’t blocking any better he just got rid of the ball on time. My rankings of offensive issues yesterday goes

1) Will
    2) Turnovers
    3) Penalties
    4) OL
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-05-2021 at 08:16 AM.

vCash
    Got to get rid of it faster while taking some downfield shots.

vCash
    Numbers are going to look good when you throw 50 passes/pg with 15 of them to your RBs.

Will isn't a bad QB. He's serviceable. When he attacked down field (bc we HAD to) the offense started clicking. He's gonna throw some picks if he does that. But I'll trade the INTs if it means we stretch the defense. His arm isn't strong. Which means to make up for it, he has to make quicker decisions. Hard to do when your OL can't block air, I know. But if he does those thing we might be okay against lesser teams. Good teams are going to smack us no matter what

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Outside of the turnovers and penalties that were mainly not his fault, Will was the main problem offensively. He does not have the arm strength to throw the ball down field against superior athletes and that will be evident when we don?t play La Tech type defenses and he holds the ball way too long. He can?t help his arm strength issues but he better figure out how to get the ball out like he did in the 4th quarter going forward. The OL wasn?t blocking any better he just got rid of the ball on time. My rankings of offensive issues yesterday goes

1) Will
    2) Turnovers
    3) Penalties
    4) OL
    How can you not have OL #1 - they literally missed assignments or got penalized 50% of the time