Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Look at the stats.

vCash
    Not going 4 consecutive plays without a penalty or turnover kills you.

Last edited by msstatelp1; 09-05-2021 at 08:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just to be completely fair he was 9/10 on balls more than 10 yards. Yes he held it too long several times. But he was accurate
    Oh I know, and I agree he was accurate...which is even more head scratching that we don't let him throw it deeper or he chooses not to. Still means he threw, what, 29 balls, that were less than 10 yards. Most of which were to backs out of the backfield or wide open crossers that went for a few yards? Again, not saying Will isn't accurate, but when you dump it off to a safety valve 29 times in a game, your completion percentage won't ever be "bad". I was actually really impressed with his accuracy down field once he finally started letting it rip in the 4th Quarter. If he's THAT capable, then we have got to get more of those downfield strikes during the game. The rhythm we had late in the 4th, was the only rhythm we seemed to have all game. Why?

Based on the last 3 drives, Will is capable of slinging it, and we're capable of running some better tempo and rhythm...so we have to make that the norm. I know we were playing a prevent D some of those drives, but we still had tempo and Will still threw some lasers down field....so it's there. We just have to force that going forward. Will Leach do it though?
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 09-05-2021 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Who are the 5 wins? Play like today I only see 3-4 at best. TSU and rest are up for grabs - Vandy, Memphis? Everyone else is a L.
    Who says Memphis is a Win.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Alot of your Crooms Loyalists didnt understand Mullen and the Spread would make us better offensively. Their argument was it would take Mullen a few years to recruit for the Spread- so we needed to keep Crooms because Tyler Russell could run the Croom Coast Offense
    Muller's first year was a HUGE upward swing from Croom's last. I couldn't believe what I was seeing watching the LSU game even though we fell short in the end. Best 5 win team Ive ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Did we plug in some other guys on OL in the 4th?
    They got thier heads out of their asses and pride kicked in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rogers definitely has a noodle arm. It's absurd how much better La Tech's QB was than ours
    And so does Peyton Manning and dozens of other great quarterbacks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They got thier heads out of their asses and pride kicked in.
    Yeah, I went back and watched the 4th quarter. Dolla Bill started whooping his dude's ass on every snap. It looked like he picked up a couple of stunts and twists too. Completely different looking OL in the 4th quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We struggled against the 2nd worst team on our schedule. Thats the bottom line.
    Not arguing but did you watch every game of every team we are going to face? It was first week. I think it should take at least three weeks to make that judgement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rogers definitely has a noodle arm. It's absurd how much better La Tech's QB was than ours
    Well, I'm sure if we had the 24 year old Will Rogers he would have looked that good too. Austin Kendall is a grown ass man that was out of college working as a drug rep. He has some maturity and experience Will has yet to find. Will is a sophomore in his second season of college ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Well, I'm sure if we had the 24 year old Will Rogers he would have looked that good too. Austin Kendall is a grown ass man that was out of college working as a drug rep. He has some maturity and experience Will has yet to find. Will is a sophomore in his second season of college ball.
    And he played for OK and WV. He's been around College football for a while. Covid rule of not losing eligibility helped them out a bunch along with 19 portal transfers.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Who says Memphis is a Win.
    Who said Memphis is a win? I asked the question, where are 5 wins? I said 3 or 4. LT, TSU, Vandy that is 3. Maybe Memphis if we are lucky. Who else will we beat?

If we fix penalties, play flawless, maybe we upset our way to 5-6 at best now. Looks like 6 is our ceiling right now and 3 the floor.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Muller's first year was a HUGE upward swing from Croom's last. I couldn't believe what I was seeing watching the LSU game even though we fell short in the end. Best 5 win team Ive ever seen.
    Yep that 5 win team was good. One play from beating ranked GT and Houston while getting killed by refs. LSU had beat and lost. JWS had a couple real good losing teams too.