Thread: What?s up with the field?

vCash

What?s up with the field?

Thought we knew how to grow grass? Pretty bad shape for this early in season. Maybe IDA rains?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    Thought we knew how to grow grass? Pretty bad shape for this early in season. Maybe IDA rains?
    As bad as I've ever seen it opening game

Banned
    vCash
    Lot of grass looking bad these days, did we have an army worm invasion there too?

We do have the best turf and turf program in America.

vCash
    Dog track
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Yeah when they showed it late in the game, the paint was smeared and the grass was all chewed up. Looked like we had been playing in a monsoon, yet it was dry. I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed...clearly I wasn't. Any turf guys able to shed some light on it? Our guys normally have the field looking great, but it looked pretty bad yesterday

vCash
    We practiced on it Thursday. Not a great idea and to quick turnaround to get it looking legit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    We practiced on it Thursday. Not a great idea and to quick turnaround to get it looking legit
    This is the 1st time Leach has coached at a natural grass school

Banned
    vCash
    Our grass has covid

vCash
    Yeah Leach does a stadium practice every thursday, as long as he does that then we are going to have turf that looks like that before every home game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Yeah Leach does a stadium practice every thursday, as long as he does that then we are going to have turf that looks like that before every home game.
    I will take that trade out

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    I would like to think that was our biggest prolem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    That may have torn it up a bit but it wasn't even green. It had to have a disease or army worms or some other malady. If it's this bad during game one, how's it going to look after a couple of games in the rain, and into the fall?

Even if we're an ag school that develops grass, is artificial turf out of the question? It can get pretty cold in Starkville, and they get a lot of rain in the fall. Remember how the field was when we played Arkansas in the snow in 2000? It was a muddy quagmire.

Banned
    vCash
    I remember back in The Kang Era, Scott Field lit my T.V. screen up like a Christmas tree.