Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look at the stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rogers definitely has a noodle arm. It's absurd how much better La Tech's QB was than ours
    Uh oh..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Exactly. It?s no fluke. Take away the 4 turnovers and we have 700 yards of offense
    If you take away our TO then you have to take away theirs. You can play the what if all day. We won by skin of our teeth and we sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Exactly. It?s no fluke. Take away the 4 turnovers and we have 700 yards of offense
    I mean, maybe? Those other possessions didn't look great either. The same stuff we did poorly last year, we do this year (minus the QB, for the most part).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Uh oh..

vCash
    We struggled against the 2nd worst team on our schedule. Thats the bottom line.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I commend our players for the comeback, but now I don?t think we will beat Ole Miss due to giving up too many big plays. Hopefully we get that fixed but I think 5-7 now instead of 6-6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We turned it over 4 times but yeah we won bc of a fluke

Last three drive, Will got the ball out of his hand much quicker! It showed.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I commend our players for the comeback, but now I don?t think we will beat Ole Miss due to giving up too many big plays. Hopefully we get that fixed but I think 5-7 now instead of 6-6
    Who are the 5 wins? Play like today I only see 3-4 at best. TSU and rest are up for grabs - Vandy, Memphis? Everyone else is a L.

vCash
    It was hot today but I'm glad some of y'all kept some sunshine to pump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We struggled against the 2nd worst team on our schedule. Thats the bottom line.
    While true, a number of "good teams" are struggling this weekend. It's weird.

Iowa State barely beat Northern Iowa, A&M is only up 10-3 on Kent State, Clemson & UGA can't score, LSU's OL is garbage.

Teams clearly haven't found their identity yet. I'm just as concerned as you, but I do have some hope that what we saw in the 4th Q is what we'll be
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Covid picked a bad game to kick me in the ass and prevent me from drankin. 30 some odd year streak broken. We are going to suck this year I'm afraid to say.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 09-04-2021 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    You can't look at stats with this terrible "Air Raid" we run. When you throw it a hundred times a game you're going to put up yards....but when you see Rogers completing 39 of 47 passes, that is actually a Terrible sign, because it means we threw 30-35 0-5 yard passes. In a normal offense a good completion percentage means offensive success, but in Leach's offense it means you probably failed to throw the ball downfield. Luckily at the end we were forced to be urgent and we came alive offensively. If we can find a way to play that way all game we may have something, but I will believe it when I see it. Bottom line, if Leach feels like Rogers is the guy, then turn his ass loose...bc we aren't winning anything of significance with the timid, passive, 3 yard passes. Speed the tempo up a bit, take some shots up the seams and over the top, and mix in more downhill runs. That's our only hope. Rogers is no longer a true freshman, it's time to let him grip it and rip it.

vCash

Iowa State barely beat Northern Iowa, A&M is only up 10-3 on Kent State, Clemson & UGA can't score, LSU's OL is garbage.

Teams clearly haven't found their identity yet. I'm just as concerned as you, but I do have some hope that what we saw in the 4th Q is what we'll be
    This Kent State/A&M game is nothing against A&M. I called this yesterday. Lewis is a great coach and he has a veteran team. They are actually extremely solid and would give a lot of sec teams minus alabama fits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    You can't look at stats with this terrible "Air Raid" we run. When you throw it a hundred times a game you're going to put up yards....but when you see Rogers completing 39 of 47 passes, that is actually a Terrible sign, because it means we threw 30-35 0-5 yard passes. In a normal offense a good completion percentage means offensive success, but in Leach's offense it means you probably failed to throw the ball downfield. Luckily at the end we were forced to be urgent and we came alive offensively. If we can find a way to play that way all game we may have something, but I will believe it when I see it. Bottom line, if Leach feels like Rogers is the guy, then turn his ass loose...bc we aren't winning anything of significance with the timid, passive, 3 yard passes. Speed the tempo up a bit, take some shots up the seams and over the top, and mix in more downhill runs. That's our only hope. Rogers is no longer a true freshman, it's time to let him grip it and rip it.
    This is 100% correct.

We started going down the field in the 4th because we had to. Let's just start that way
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    but I do have some hope that what we saw in the 4th Q is what we'll be
    I sure hope so. We have to cut out the turnovers, tho. 3 ****ing fumbles and a pick6. 1 of the fumbles was BS, obviously. I'm still worried about those drives that sputtered, mostly, tho...we don't covet possessions enough, and it's the same story as last year. Sputtering like that for 2 quarters in a game is a recipe for sucktitude.

vCash

This is why I'm going to reserve judgment until I see what we look like next week. There are periods of time today where we looked unstoppable. There were periods of time where we looked flat awful. But to make a judgment for the rest of the season based on the first game of the year is ridiculous.

Oklahoma, Iowa State, and Oregon should all just cancel the season today since they looked bad in wins against bad teams.

We need to take a breath. We won despite playing periods of woefully unacceptable football. It's ok to admit that there were positives to take away from today. If you can't find them then you don't know what you're looking at.

We are 1-0 with a lot of work to do. Next week will be a much better gauge of what we truly are than today was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is why I'm going to reserve judgment until I see what we look like next week. There are periods of time today where we looked unstoppable. There were periods of time where we looked flat awful. But to make a judgment for the rest of the season based on the first game of the year is ridiculous.

Oklahoma, Iowa State, and Oregon should all just cancel the season today since they looked bad in wins against bad teams.

We need to take a breath. We won despite playing periods of woefully unacceptable football. It's ok to admit that there were positives to take away from today. If you can't find them then you don't know what you're looking at.

We are 1-0 with a lot of work to do. Next week will be a much better gauge of what we truly are than today was.
    None of those teams were down 20 to their opponent at home in the 4th Q. To compare the train wreck we watched today, to Oklahoma blowing an enormous lead to Tulane and still winning, is quite a stretch. But you do you. Personally, I don't have to watch a season and 2 games worth of trash to call it trash, a season and a game has given me all the evidence I need. This offense is not going to work here.

vCash
    The key to a successful spread passing offense is for the qb to identify the mismatch before the snap and then make sure he read the D right before releasing the ball.

Will seems to try and read the entire d post snap and then find the guy sitting in a safe hole in the D. That works so-so when you have a lot of time but you really limit yourself to 5 yard throws most of the time with no YAC.

Basically he?s trying to take the safe thing the defense is giving him vs testing what the weakness of the defense appears to be.

That?s not even taking our OL issues into account. 4Q there was a little more urgency and aggressiveness and that makes a difference.

vCash
    [QUOTE=CadaverDawg;1358097 a season and a game has given me all the evidence I need. This offense is not going to work here.[/QUOTE]

This is the correct answer. As with Crooms, Mullen, JoVester, and now Leach- I look forward to the day when a whole mot more of you catch up
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is the correct answer. As with Crooms, Mullen, JoVester, and now Leach- I look forward to the day when a whole mot more of you catch up
    Mullen?