Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look at the stats.

Banned
    vCash

Look at the stats.

Some of you guys need to look at the stats. Doesn?t seem like the offense is the problem. We have to get our oline blocking all the time like they did in the fourth quarter but I think we are ok offensively. Woody is good. Qb is serviceable, and receivers are good. We just have to figure out our o-line. Our defense has some holes. And we have to stop turning the ball over on offense. Other than that we were fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Some of you guys need to look at the stats. Doesn?t seem like the offense is the problem. We have to get our oline blocking all the time like they did in the fourth quarter but I think we are ok offensively. Woody is good. Qb is serviceable, and receivers are good. We just have to figure out our o-line. Our defense has some holes. And we have to stop turning the ball over on offense. Other than that we were fine.
    Did we plug in some other guys on OL in the 4th?

vCash
    Also would help not getting penalty after penalty…

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Did we plug in some other guys on OL in the 4th?
    I’m honestly not sure. Gonna go back and watch our last few drives later snd see. Something was def different. Maybe we made an adjustment. Something happened because we couldn’t block their 3 for 3 quarters. I’m the fourth they were sending 4 amd 5 and we were blocking them. It was odd

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Also would help not getting penalty after penalty…
    I do agree with this

vCash
    Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

I?m kidding, long day.

vCash
    Rogers has to get rid of the ball quicker as well. some of the sacks were on him. but Dollar Bill and Lashley have to step up quickly and play a lot more angry or put in someone else.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 09-04-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Rogers has to get rid of the ball quicker as well? some of the sacks were on him? but Dollar Bill and Lashley have to step up quickly and play a lot more angry or put in someone else.
    Tbh cross was awful today as well.

vCash
    LOL, you really are Baghdad Bob, aren't ya? That was an inept offensive performance, stats and score be damned. We won because our WRs were just athletically better than their DBs. It was essentially a fluke. That 21 PPG last year is going to look good compared to this year, I fear. We have noodle arm QB that can't throw it deep and make up for it with immobile offensive linemen trying to get him murdered.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Stats don't tell the story of this game as is the case on a lot of games. For 2.5 quarters our O couldn't have scored on Alcorn St.

vCash
    We were awful today.

10 penalties 95 yards
    4 turnovers
    2/8 on 3rd downs

Not sure on sacks/hurries given up.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    We were awful today.

10 penalties 95 yards
    4 turnovers
    2/8 on 3rd downs

Not sure on sacks/hurries given up.
    With all those penalties and turnovers we still scored 35 points and had nearly 500 yards of offense. Yea, offense ain’t the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    LOL, you really are Baghdad Bob, aren't ya? That was an inept offensive performance, stats and score be damned. We won because our WRs were just athletically better than their DBs. It was essentially a fluke. That 21 PPG last year is going to look good compared to this year, I fear. We have noodle arm QB that can't throw it deep and make up for it with immobile offensive linemen trying to get him murdered.
    We turned it over 4 times but yeah we won bc of a fluke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    For 2.5 quarters our O couldn't have scored on Alcorn St.
    Yeah, I enjoy box-scores as much as anyone, but often you're better off going with the eye-test. We were absolutely putrid as a team after the score was 14 nil. Not really sure what happened in the 4th that sparked the comeback. I'll take it obviously, but I'm quite certain that isn't a sustainable game plan.

vCash
    I don't care what the stats say. That was a bad showing. Great comeback. But that doesn't change the other 3 and a half quarters.

Couldn't stop a 3 man pass rush, penalties, turnovers, holding onto the ball too long, etc. Gotta clean all of that up if we want a chance next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We turned it over a ton last year too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't care what the stats say. That was a bad showing. Great comeback. But that doesn't change the other 3 and a half quarters.

Couldn't stop a 3 man pass rush, penalties, turnovers, holding onto the ball too long, etc. Gotta clean all of that up if we want a chance next week.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Rogers definitely has a noodle arm. It's absurd how much better La Tech's QB was than ours
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Exactly. It’s no fluke. Take away the 4 turnovers and we have 700 yards of offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rogers definitely has a noodle arm. It's absurd how much better La Tech's QB was than ours
    That's how I thought Costello was going to look like last season. And that blew up too.