Thread: End of summer watching some game replays

vCash

End of summer watching some game replays

from past years, one thing seems so MSU.

The 17 team was good but was building to 2018 for a championship run. I truly believe if Mullen had stayed and been locked in we would have competed for championships. How Mullen could not see everything he had built was coming together at the time he left is beyond me.

2018 Joe made a complete mess of but that D was so good just run the ball and we win 11 games. Get a break or two and we could have been going for a playoff spot. An engaged Mullen would have made noise in 18.

vCash
    I totally agree. MSU football doesn't usually get me upset but 2018 had me PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I watched the 2014 Bama game again the other day.

Damn, State was the better team that year.....and that was not the case in many many heavy weight slug feast with them in years past. State lost that game that day. Bama didn't rise up and out talent State to take the game like usual. State settled from field goals, twice with a 1st down inside the 10. 3 interceptions on the + side of the field were killers.

vCash
    Mullen got too conservative that day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I watched the 2014 Bama game again the other day.

Damn, State was the better team that year.....and that was not the case in many many heavy weight slug feast with them in years past. State lost that game that day. Bama didn't rise up and out talent State to take the game like usual. State settled from field goals, twice with a 1st down inside the 10. 3 interceptions on the + side of the field were killers.
    Dan lost us that game END OF STORY

vCash
    Dan was done at State

Nelle Cohen told Johnny to get rid of his job flirting ass.

Then Johnny made a bad hire.

Then Johnny had to make a splash hire because Ole Miss made a splash hire.

And here we are.

Kiffin 1
    Leach 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Mullen got too conservative a lot of days. 2017 Bama being another example.

vCash
    Im not going to say who lost that game. It is a team effort. 3 interceptions to 0 turnovers is what lost that game.

By the way, State had a balanced attack that day. 48 passes to 40 runs.

2017, Bama was just flat out the better team. Their WR vs our DBs was a mismatch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    from past years, one thing seems so MSU.

The 17 team was good but was building to 2018 for a championship run. I truly believe if Mullen had stayed and been locked in we would have competed for championships. How Mullen could not see everything he had built was coming together at the time he left is beyond me.

2018 Joe made a complete mess of but that D was so good just run the ball and we win 11 games. Get a break or two and we could have been going for a playoff spot. An engaged Mullen would have made noise in 18.
    While I agree Joe made a mess of things - the lack of talent at WR in '18 would have still held us back even if Mullen had stayed. Our WR couldn't catch COVID standing in the middle of a lab in Wuhan, China.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The biggest mismatch of the 2017 game was the ref and making the right call in regards to Ridley running out of bounds

vCash
    no, dak played like crap for most of the game that day. Above post was right, 3 picks in bama territory killed us. Then not getting off the field on several third and longs in the 4th ended it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    no, dak played like crap for most of the game that day. Above post was right, 3 picks in bama territory killed us. Then not getting off the field on several third and longs in the 4th ended it.
    Yeah wasn't one of Daks better days. That pick he threw in the end zone was an absolute killer and that last drive we gave bama when the defense couldn't get off the field sealed it.

vCash
    We have never been the same since that rainy night in Lexington in 2018. Joe's first three games looked good enough to where we thought he'd be fine, but it all unraveled in unbelievable fashion in Lexington that night. He never really got the fans back on his side after that train wreck, and it was one of the more undisciplined performances we've had in recent memory in terms of penalties. An omen of things to come for sure.

Our receiver issues from those years amaze me, because Leach has seemingly came in and made us competent at WR in no time. It's amazing to think how bad we were at WR not long ago and now it's one of the positions we are least concerned about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We have never been the same since that rainy night in Lexington in 2018. Joe's first three games looked good enough to where we thought he'd be fine, but it all unraveled in unbelievable fashion in Lexington that night. He never really got the fans back on his side after that train wreck, and it was one of the more undisciplined performances we've had in recent memory in terms of penalties. An omen of things to come for sure.

Our receiver issues from those years amaze me, because Leach has seemingly came in and made us competent at WR in no time. It's amazing to think how bad we were at WR not long ago and now it's one of the positions we are least concerned about.
    We probably win at UK if Fitz would have ran when he could. I think Joe got in his head that he could turn him into a NFL QB and he was throwing shit passes all over the field in the rain. It was like he was trying to be Dak at Mizzou in 2015.

vCash
    The biggest mismatch of the 2017 game was the ref and making the right call in regards to Ridley running out of bounds
    FACTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    While I agree Joe made a mess of things - the lack of talent at WR in '18 would have still held us back even if Mullen had stayed. Our WR couldn't catch COVID standing in the middle of a lab in Wuhan, China.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That was one year we didn't need a lot of WR talent. We were so good on D and up front on OL and Fitz, Williams and Hill. Bulldozer every game. Jenkins leading the OL with some good flanks. We just powered over folks when we wanted to. At Bama that year would have been hard to win but we could have won the rest.