Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NIL deals at msu

vCash
    I didn't really expect us to lead the way in this whole deal. It'll probably take us a few years to catch on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It may not make a big different to lil dooey's, but for restaurants in general in Starkville, there is a big difference between averaging 7 wins over five years and 5 wins over five years. Same thing for the hotels. Same thing for developers doing condos and multiuse buidlings. Landlords, etc. Doesn't mean they need to pony up $10k a year, but they should be ponying up some unless they are in every SEC town and view it as pretty much zero sum.
    Oh there's no doubt winning means more people and more people means more dollars. No question.

vCash
    I thought the NIL was supposed to be separate from the school. However Out of Leftfield had some AD employee on that is responsible for approving deals with players. I didn't understand that. Maybe just deals that incorporate the players ties to MSU. I don't know. Anyways...... I see Columbus Ortho has a couple of baseball players signing autographs this week.

A restaurant could do that for after games. Give a player a few hundred and a free meal. Just have the player announce on social media that they will dining (wherever) tonight after the game. Join me. That would have to create an uptick in sales for that restaurant that particular night.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 09-03-2021 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No the OP would rather the professor not act like everyone is being lazy and cheap, while he doesn't do anything himself. But I'm sure you are sponsoring someone too, huh??? Birds of a feather.......................
    Yeah, your logic is as stupid as most of your "non-insider" posts. People that own businesses and are fans of MSU... (stay with us undergrad), can write it off as a business expense... or not at all because they can afford it. Your average professor, or grass cutter, doesn't necessarily possess that kind of expendable cash. So yeah, the big donors, or potential big donors, for MSU are obviously cheap as f*ck. But we'll keep donating to the BClub and buying our season tickets and wishing we were one of y'all.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 09-03-2021 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Yeah, your logic is as stupid as most of your "non-insider" posts. People that own businesses and are fans of MSU... (stay with us undergrad), can write it off as a business expense... or not at all because they can afford it. Your average professor, or grass cutter, doesn't necessarily possess that kind of expendable cash. So yeah, the big donors, or potential big donors, for MSU are obviously cheap as f*ck. But we'll keep donating to the BClub and buying our season tickets and wishing we were one of y'all.
    It's not the point. You can give $3 or $5. Or whatever. But if you can't afford to do that or just chose not to, then shut up and stop bitching and telling everyone else how cheap they are. But carry on Einstein!
    ETA. If you don't like the op. Just don't read it.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 09-03-2021 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    It's pretty clear you don't have a business, if all you did were just "write it off as you put it" nevermind..... just Nevermind. Can't help ya. Clearly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Hahahahahaha! But I just donated my $5 due to guilt from Homie. Hope that covers our cheap ass, albeit wealthy alumni. Come on guys... if everyone stands up like me, it'll only take 8,000 of us to get someone a car!! It's over Johnny. Oh well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    So what's stopping a cigar boy from going to a restaurant owner with a $20K check and asks if he'll use it for advertising. After T.V. station is paid, rest goes to our players in the commercial. Is it that simple?
    Absolutely

vCash
    My suggestion is to let a third party company handle all concessions and game day events with an "understanding"

vCash
    I figured we were pretty much done in football once that passed. We need to go all in on baseball. And I guess basketball (I threw up in my mouth)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    College football is soon to be a thing of the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I didn't really expect us to lead the way in this whole deal. It'll probably take us a few years to catch on.
    I think we're going to have to hire a coach that can "show us" how to do it. Like Dan showed us how to do everything in football. And the things he didn't show us like how to recruit well it's no surprise that we're behind on that.

I like Leach and I think he will succeed here. But he's more like Jackie or Emory in that he beats people by running unique schemes and that offsets our disadvantages somewhat. Honestly the next guy needs to be someone like a PJ Fleck or Billy Napier who can win and run a program at an elite level because we've gotten stale since 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    My suggestion is to let a third party company handle all concessions and game day events with an "understanding"
    I like it.

vCash
    It's definitely time to bring Jackie Wayne back to get this NLI off the ground.

Banned
    vCash
    I must not be getting this shit. It seems quite simple but our cigar boys seem lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I must not be getting this shit. It seems quite simple but our cigar boys seem lost.
    Unorganized is the better word. Not on the same page.

vCash
    The only possible good I can see coming from this is IF a kid comes from a really poor home can help his family with the money.