Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NIL deals at msu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    I missed where we were at the top of the SEC already. I mean, we've literally been at the bottom with Arkansas and OM since like, forever.
    How dare you leave out Vandy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm guessing things shake out about the way they are now. We'll be a 6-8 sometimes 9 win team every year. We won't be terrible but won't be elite either.
    College Football is definitely rigged against us. That's why a coach like Napier wouldn't want to come here. We have to overcome so much just to hit 8-9 wins and that gets us nothing but 3rd-4th in our own division. And then a meaningless bowl trip. I'm a nihilst when it comes to MSU football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    College Football is definitely rigged against us. That's why a coach like Napier wouldn't want to come here. We have to overcome so much just to hit 8-9 wins and that gets us nothing but 3rd-4th in our own division. And then a meaningless bowl trip. I'm a nihilst when it comes to MSU football.
    I get this mentality, but it doesn't have to be like that.

If we tried....just tried!....a little bit more...just a little...we could absolutely move up a peg or two. Taking what scraps are given to you and accepting the status quo is such a Larry Templeton move. Hell, for MSU it goes decades before him. How many years did we sell our home games to play in Jackson instead? How many decades did we accept having to play Bama, Georgia, LSU, while OM campaigned to have their schedule as lean as possible? Considering how old our football program is, and the fact we really only started giving a **** since the 1990's, it's a wonder we've accomplished what we have in such a short time, lol.

vCash
    who got that one?
    That, I do not know. We have 100 deals. Ranging from 3.50 yes three dollars and 50 cents to 3600.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I get this mentality, but it doesn't have to be like that.

If we tried....just tried!....a little bit more...just a little...we could absolutely move up a peg or two. Taking what scraps are given to you and accepting the status quo is such a Larry Templeton move. Hell, for MSU it goes decades before him. How many years did we sell our home games to play in Jackson instead? How many decades did we accept having to play Bama, Georgia, LSU, while OM campaigned to have their schedule as lean as possible? Considering how old our football program is, and the fact we really only started giving a **** since the 1990's, it's a wonder we've accomplished what we have in such a short time, lol.
    We have a head coach who doesn't want to recruit. We have a staff made up of a lot of people with no ties to the Deep South. We signed an average class last year and we are looking pretty average this year. We don't play the game very well. And so far we aren't participating in the NIL game. Things are not trending in a positive direction.

Just being realistic, we could do everything perfectly and we still aren't playing for anything but a bowl game. Hopefully, the playoffs will expand to at least 12 sooner than later to give us some faint hope. But we definitely need some leadership and a plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That, I do not know. We have 100 deals. Ranging from 3.50 yes three dollars and 50 cents to 3600.
    Good Grief!!

vCash
    We have a head coach who doesn't want to recruit. We have a staff made up of a lot of people with no ties to the Deep South. We signed an average class last year and we are looking pretty average this year. We don't play the game very well. And so far we aren't participating in the NIL game. Things are not trending in a positive direction.

Just being realistic, we could do everything perfectly and we still aren't playing for anything but a bowl game. Hopefully, the playoffs will expand to at least 12 sooner than later to give us some faint hope. But we definitely need some leadership and a plan.
    All true, and I hear ya, but a school's "network" can still exist beyond all that. We've just never prioritized it. It better change, though, because the tide is coming in...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We can't even paint our end zones, so why does anyone think we'd invest in the football program?
    What are you talking about. I literally just saw a video of them painting a Hail State in one of the end zones

vCash

You're always so positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You're always so positive.
    I was pretty dang positive during baseball season.

vCash
    I was pretty dang positive during baseball season.
    Football starts Saturday. We're undefeated. Give it a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Football starts Saturday. We're undefeated. Give it a chance.
    We aren't really talking about this season in particular. But if there is something I posted that you disagree with or care to debate, please feel free to post. Otherwise keep the snide comments to yourself.

vCash
    We aren't really talking about this season in particular. But if there is something I posted that you disagree with or care to debate, please feel free to post. Otherwise keep the snide comments to yourself.
    Your post refers to this season. Maybe you should go back and read it. And keep your snide comments to yourself!!!

vCash
    Otherwise keep the snide comments to yourself.
    Such as ridiculing someone for their career choice, lol?**

JK, I'm thick skinned.

vCash
    Such as ridiculing someone for their career choice, lol?**

JK, I'm thick skinned.
    Wasn't me bud. I will only ridicule you for bad takes. As for Catfish, he has made 3 posts in this thread and managed to add absolutely nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This rule could send us straight to the bottom of sec football
    OHSt defeats Minnesota for the 46th time in 53 games. OHSt has won 12 in a row and 28 of last 29 v Minnesota. College football needs a reorganization anyways.

vCash
    Wasn't me bud. I will only ridicule you for bad takes. As for Catfish, he has made 3 posts in this thread and managed to add absolutely nothing.
    And you are blasting a football program that has yet to play a game this year. There's half empty and half full. You should try the half full for awhile.

vCash
    Lol, whoops. Y'all's names are too close for my eyes to differentiate at this point in the evening. Apologies.

vCash
    Lol, whoops. Y'all's names are too close for my eyes to differentiate at this point in the evening. Apologies.
    Is that why you still administer scantron tests????***

To the topic - This NIL won't make much of a difference. Ole Miss has always outspent us, and they have dick to show for it. As long as we play in the premier conference, we'll be good (or should I say - average).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Is that why you still administer scantron tests????***

To the topic - This NIL won't make much of a difference. Ole Miss has always outspent us, and they have dick to show for it. As long as we play in the premier conference, we'll be good (or should I say - average).
    I could see Arkansas, UK, Ole Miss, Tenn, all moving ahead of us. Once UT and OU joing the conference, we could find ourselves in the 14-15 range in the conference ahead of only Vandy and maybe Mizzou. We sort of had our glory years under Mullen. We better step it up.