Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former MSU HC quotes or one liners

vCash
    Not a quote or saying, more of a statement about season openers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, a couple of zingers for sure.

There should honestly be zero nostalgia directed at that man on our parts (all the teams that skull ****ed our brains in sure did love him, though...). He was a self-serving douche that never thought we were good enough for him. He never took responsibility for anything, and burned every bridge on his way out the door. Screw him.
    Yep. Couldn't have been said any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Not a quote or saying, more of a statement about season openers.

Last edited by BeardoMSU; 09-02-2021 at 09:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't have the exact quote, but Brewer called JWS a "habitual liar" and Jackie responded with something to the effect of, "He can't spell habitual."
    Amazing Brewer could say that about anyone when he was so crooked he had to screw his socks on.

vCash
    Dan Mullen: "Merry Christmas, shitter's full".

It was glorious seeing all the pearl clutching from the Confederates that day. They were so happy that they had a great man of God running their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Dan Mullen: "Merry Christmas, shitter's full".

It was glorious seeing all the pearl clutching from the Confederates that day. They were so happy that they had a great man of God running their program.
    Man of the cloth? More like man of the masseuse table.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Conversation on live radio years ago when fans could call in right after the game.
    This was after we laid an egg at Auburn one afternoon.
    Caller: Coach, I just want you to know that State teams of the past wouldn't have gone in and played like that.
    Jackie: I don't give a shit about how past teams played.
    Caller2: Coach, did I hear you say you didn't give a shit how we played?
    Jackie: No. I said said I didn't give a shit how past teams played!

Me and my roommate were staring at the radio laughing our asses off!
    That call in show was pure GOLD.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    "I looked at their film and knew we were gonna lose this game." - Croom after losing to Maine.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzz" - Croom asleep on a recruit's sofa.
    Awesome.

vCash
    Ugh. I drove thru Hurricane Hermine after a Thursday night HS football game in Orlando to bring my daughter up for honor band weekend to witness that BS.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    One of my favorite moves in college football was when LSU started kneeling on the ball in the third quarter against Mississippi.
    Great 17n BOSS move.
    Would watch that again

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't have the exact quote, but Brewer called JWS a "habitual liar" and Jackie responded with something to the effect of, "He can't spell habitual."
    Lol, I miss those spittin matches tween Dog Brewer and Da Kang. "Habitual winner" was a reply too regarding Dog calling JWS a habitual liar. Anybody remember Brewer crying "we were deceived!" After we whooped dat ass and they didn't get a bowl invite?

Banned
    vCash
    Limited to football? "Well, that's baseball"

vCash
    You guys have delivered some great ones, keep em coming. Just thought of couple more.

Mullen after a dismal showing and loss was it to USA on last FG? Mullen, "Well, 50% of teams lost today" Right up there with Moorhead right there.

Joe with his Bob from Bogochita comment, forget how that went. Anyone?

vCash
    Lol, a couple of zingers for sure.

There should honestly be zero nostalgia directed at that man on our parts (all the teams that skull ****ed our brains in sure did love him, though...). He was a self-serving douche that never thought we were good enough for him. He never took responsibility for anything, and burned every bridge on his way out the door. Screw him.
    Agree with that, he thought he was better than us but he ain't. MSU made Mullen.

vCash
    Yeah, it was a nice quote, I suppose...but I do wish other things also mattered to him....

...such as fielding a competent offense, QB development, giving a shit about recruiting, bringing in a competent OC, not burning RS's in meaningless moments, caring more about MSU than the ghost of Bear Bryant, self reflection, being a leader, taking the blame, not throwing your players under the bus every chance you got, not throwing the university under the bus when they fired you after 4 years of faithful ineptitude, etc., etc.

I'm glad he opened the doors for all the other black HC's to be hired that followed...but I wish we could've hired one of them instead, lol.
    Agree did not like how Croom finished. He really threw MSU under the bus. We have a bad coach a chance for 5 years, Joe only got 2. He should be grateful. Croom seems like a good guy but like Moorhead, neither were ready for the pressure cooker.

vCash
    "Clear your mantle off for a Heisman." - Moorhead, just off the plane, to Fitz.

"Quickest install I've ever had for this offense." - Moorhead after his first Spring w/ a starting QB that barely took snaps in practice.

vCash
    "Clear your mantle off for a Heisman." - Moorhead, just off the plane, to Fitz.

"Quickest install I've ever had for this offense." - Moorhead after his first Spring w/ a starting QB that barely took snaps in practice.
    I forgot about the 2nd one. Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Guys?can y?all believe there used to be a call in show after the games? Lol! Seems in unbelievable nowadays
    I used to love those esp with JWS and Jack.. And the Drive of the game will be the drive back to Tupelo/

vCash
    Not an MSU coach but back when Lou Holtz was at South Carolina remnants from some hurricane was passing through that week and they played the game in some wet weather ... SC lost that game and in the interview afterwards some idiot reporter snidely asked Lou if he ever thought of practicing in the previous days of bad weather to prepare for the game they just lost ... without missing a beat Lou shot back that they were fast but not fast enough to out run lightning ... I almost fell off the couch
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    My favorite Rick Ray quote...