Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grey Alternate jersey for this year

vCash
    Look at those powerhouse schools!

vCash
    Why do people care so much about uniforms these days. If they wear it in the Bama game and win I will scream wear them every damn week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Why do people care so much about uniforms these days. If they wear it in the Bama game and win I will scream wear them every damn week.
    You want to know how Oregon got good at football all of the sudden back in the early 00?.... uniforms! Sure nike dumped some money but when they started changing those uniforms up all of the sudden kids from all over wanted to play for them.
    So yeah good combos for uniforms help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You want to know how Oregon got good at football all of the sudden back in the early 00?.... uniforms! Sure nike dumped some money but when they started changing those uniforms up all of the sudden kids from all over wanted to play for them.
    Absolutely. I've been as big a fan of our alternant uni's as anyone, but these flat out suck. And as Turfdawg points out above, none of these schools pictured are "powerhouses", so why should they give af? It reminds me of a couple years back when Adidas designed literally the exact same concept for us and A&M, but with different logos. Literally the EXACT same. They just don't try anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Playing devils advocate on this one. Bama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Texas, Oklahoma... All the Blue Bloods most do not do alternates, the most I have seen is Ohio State do black numbers, maybe a gray jersey here and there. But for the most part, they don't. They are true to their colors and their traditions. I don't mind an occasional all maroon or all black, but these gimmick jerseys could go and I don't think we would miss a beat. They certainly don't.

vCash
    BTW, neither does OM

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Playing devils advocate on this one. Bama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Texas, Oklahoma... All the Blue Bloods most do not do alternates, the most I have seen is Ohio State do black numbers, maybe a gray jersey here and there. But for the most part, they don't. They are true to their colors and their traditions. I don't mind an occasional all maroon or all black, but these gimmick jerseys could go and I don't think we would miss a beat. They certainly don't.
    They don?t need uniform alternates. They are already winners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    They don?t need uniform alternates. They are already winners.
    Yeah, that's my point they could have easily made some. But, they stick true to who they are. Nebraska and Wisconsin and Iowa don't do it. I think just using Oregon as a point that it works is not a good argument. Way more was pumped into that team than just uniform upgrades.

vCash
    I don't think anyone thinks uniforms will win or lose us a game. No one is arguing that.

But if we're gonna win or lose, I'd rather look good doing it. Since the Croom years, our uniforms and branding have been inconsistent, at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Know what Oregon and all of those have in common.... nothing. Oregon was lower than Washington state before they changed up uniforms. Can't compare those programs that have history with Oregon.
    You want to do something different at state get cool uniforms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    BTW, neither does OM
    False they have the reds, whites, blue, powder blue and grays.

vCash
    Sounds like a bunch p****s to me worrying about how they look rather than how they play.

The reason Oregon started winning was the NIKE money. It had nothing to do with the uniforms. If that was it, Maryland would have had similar success. They did it to another level and they were all the rage. Meanwhile, Bama and their plain Jane Uni's are kicking ass. Why? Money and the right coach. I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    That is just plain horrible.
    At least we are not NCSTATE. Who designed their Jersey Bill Veck?

PS Bill Veck was the Owner of the Oakland A's and the Whit Sox and was known for outlandish uniforms.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Give me the script State or interlocking MSU decal on the helmet and I love what we have now.

vCash
    I wonder if other schools have so many fans that dislike said schools main logo.

It's amazing how many State fans bitch about the MState logo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I wonder if other schools have so many fans that dislike said schools main logo.

It's amazing how many State fans bitch about the MState logo.
    It's amazing how ugly it is.

I don't mind it as our official school logo. Put it on a water tower. Fine. But it looks like ass on a helmet. People would blow their shit if we put it on a baseball hat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    At least we are not NCSTATE. Who designed their Jersey Bill Veck?

PS Bill Veck was the Owner of the Oakland A's and the Whit Sox and was known for outlandish uniforms.
    Veeck actually owned the old St.Louis Browns, Indians, and then the White Sox. He was known more for his outlandish publicity stunts to gain fan interest(sending a midget up to bat, exploding scoreboard fireworks, and disco demolition night)than crazy uniforms. He did, however, dress the Sox in shorts in 1976. Charlie O. Finley is the A's owner you are thinking of. He created the green and gold uniforms the A's are known for changing from blue and red.

vCash
    The Don Smith era of silver uniforms would be a much much better retro color and style.

vCash
    MState is a much better logo than diagonal letters. the Nike MSU logo was nothing special.

People associate the Nike MSU with Sherrill. The MState with Croom. However the MState is a much better logo.

Also the best version of the MState logo is the maroon M with white banner. I'm glad we are using that particular MState now. It looks ok on the maroon helmet and great on the white helmet. But it should be enlarged on the white helmet. The best use of the logo was the Croom era when it was larger and distinctive with a maroon stripe and face mask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    MState is a much better logo than diagonal letters. the Nike MSU logo was nothing special.

People associate the Nike MSU with Sherrill. The MState with Croom. However the MState is a much better logo.

Also the best version of the MState logo is the maroon M with white banner. I'm glad we are using that particular MState now. It looks ok on the maroon helmet and great on the white helmet. But it should be enlarged on the white helmet. The best use of the logo was the Croom era when it was larger and distinctive with a maroon stripe and face mask.
    deleted
    Last edited by Santiago; 09-02-2021 at 08:33 AM.