Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best seat in the house?

vCash

Best seat in the house?

I haven't been to a State game since the 09 spring game and I am thinking of packing up the homestead and meandering over to a game this year. I am looking at the 100 level seats on the home side. Would love some opinion on which sections you guys like and where in that section would be best.

Any info would be much appreciated.

HAILSTATE

vCash
    I'll be honest I like low upper deck on the visitor side. You can get a good view of the game regardless of where they are if your seat is between the 20's and the concourse is climate controlled if it's a hot or cold game so the fam can go inside if the weather conditions are not to their liking.

My seats are in 338 row 5. One row up from the walkway
    Last edited by starkvegasdawg; 08-31-2021 at 09:38 AM.

vCash
    Obviously, Section 4 is the best section to view the game on the west side. My opinion is you want be row 30 or higher, great seats. Don't get below row 20 unless you just to like seeing what is going on around the bench. Sections, 2-6 are good. Sections 1 and 7.....my preference is.....I rather be the first two rows on the upper deck than in sections 1 or 7.

I believe section 20 and 21, around row 40 are the absolute best seats in the house. The east side seems closer to the action to me. Sections 18-23 are good seats.

As Starkvegas said......rows 1-2 on the west and east upper decks are decent seats. East side concourse is nicer than west side.

vCash
    To me it's the 200 level on home side.
    Not crowded, guaranteed shade and no rain getting on you, concessions and bathrooms right behind you that aren't crowded, great view of game. Of course these are hard to come by on stubhub but there are some on there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I'll be honest I like low upper deck on the visitor side. You can get a good view of the game regardless of where they are if your seat is between the 20's and the concourse is climate controlled if it's a hot or cold game so the fam can go inside if the weather conditions are not to their liking.

What makes you like the visitor side more?

I wouldn't mind sitting in the upper deck, to be honest I haven't sat in the upper deck before and my worry is that its pretty steep? My wife isn't the biggest fan of steep inclines or the potential of feeling like you are on a rocking boat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Obviously, Section 4 is the best section to view the game on the west side. My opinion is you want be row 30 or higher, great seats. Don't get below row 20 unless you just to like seeing what is going on around the bench. Sections, 2-6 are good. Sections 1 and 7.....my preference is.....I rather be the first two rows on the upper deck than in sections 1 or 7.

I believe section 20 and 21, around row 40 are the absolute best seats in the house. The east side seems closer to the action to me. Sections 18-23 are good seats.

As Starkvegas said......rows 1-2 on the west and east upper decks are decent seats. East side concourse is nicer than west side.
    Okay that solidifies my concerns. I was looking 40 and above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post

I wouldn't mind sitting in the upper deck, to be honest I haven't sat in the upper deck before and my worry is that its pretty steep? My wife isn't the biggest fan of steep inclines or the potential of feeling like you are on a rocking boat.
    the long and winding walk up is probably harder than climbing the actual steps up to the seat
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    If its a day game West Side. Unless you like getting Sunburned.

vCash

It's not that steep. I've experienced what you're talking to in the Superdome. Nothing like that to me at least. But then I try to get my seats in the lower section which are typically pretty easy to find on the secondary market. The cons to those seats is either walking up all the ramps to get there or waiting in line for the elevator. I like the visitor side more due to the climate controlled concourse. When the entire family goes to the games and it's 100 degrees and full sun they'll retreat into the concourse and enjoy the AC. Likewise, if it's 39 and raining they'll go inside for the heat. They also have a few tables and chairs set up so you can sometimes snag a seat inside. Let me see if I have a pic from up there in my phone and I'll post it.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I?m up there with you, starkvegasdawg. And I agree.

vCash

This is from a couple years ago. It's a little zoomed in but closer to what it looks like as a picture always makes it look further away then it does in person.

vCash

Lol. I agree totally. My season tickets were on the 45 yard line and I would set my drink on the cement wall in front of my knees. Wife would walk inside if it got too hot or cold. I was there for years!!!

vCash

This is from a couple years ago. It's a little zoomed in but closer to what it looks like as a picture always makes it look further away then it does in person.
    Dang! That's great viewing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Lol. I agree totally. My season tickets were on the 45 yard line and I would set my drink on the cement wall in front of my knees. Wife would walk inside if it got too hot or cold. I was there for years!!!
    Are both concourses climate controlled? or is it just the visitor side?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Dang! That's great viewing!
    The upper deck on the visitor's side is a great place to watch the game. It is better than anything in the endzone. Something about not being able to see anyone in front of you when you are on the upper deck is nice. Plus you can easily see the entire play unfold and is similar to watching it on the TV.

My tickets are west side on the 40 about 20 rows above the vomitoriums. I haven't watched a game from there yet, but I bet it is going to be awesome.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I never sat in the upper on the west side, I know the east side is climate controlled and it if very nice.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Obviously, Sections, 2-6 are good.
    True.

La Tech game
    I have 2 tickets available for section 6, west side.
    Row 27
    seats 37 and 38 (end of the row right there as you walk out from the concourse)
    For a 3pm game if it's sunny, the sun should be just about behind the upper deck above you and you'd be in the shade.

I got an upgrade courtesy of my brother.
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 08-31-2021 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    I think just visitor side. I'll also add they're the cheapest seats in the house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The upper deck on the visitor's side is a great place to watch the game. It is better than anything in the endzone. Something about not being able to see anyone in front of you when you are on the upper deck is nice. Plus you can easily see the entire play unfold and is similar to watching it on the TV.

My tickets are west side on the 40 about 20 rows above the vomitoriums. I haven't watched a game from there yet, but I bet it is going to be awesome.
    I called the Johnson pick six against BAMA in 2007! I told everyone around me, "here's a pick six"!!!! You could see it unfold before it ever happened! So cool.

vCash
    Just the east side upper deck is climate controlled concourse. The west side upper was built in the mid 1980s and is open air concourse.