Thread: Miss. State women's basketball with 3 on Preseason All-SEC...World Exposure Report

vCash

Miss. State women's basketball with 3 on Preseason All-SEC...World Exposure Report

World Exposure Report (SEC Women's Basketball)

Preseason All-Conference First Team
    Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
    Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
    Moon Ursin, LSU
    Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
    Zia Cooke, South Carolina
    Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
    Rae Burrell, Tennessee
    Shakira Austin, Ole Miss

Preseason All-Conference Second Team
    Lavender Briggs, Florida
    Jenna Staiti, Georgia
    LaShondra Monk, Ole Miss
    Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
    Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
    Jordan Horston, Tennessee
    Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
    Khayla Pointer, LSU
    Last edited by jdelta02; 08-29-2021 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    No excuses for Nikki this year. Barely making it into the tournament as a bubble seed is fireable, and not making it all means she shouldn't be allowed to finish out the season.

On the other hand, if she's even an average coach we should contend to be a top 16 team and host.

vCash
    I?m convinced you?re either Ms Cohen or someone else emotionally tied to WBB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    No excuses for Nikki this year. Barely making it into the tournament as a bubble seed is fireable, and not making it all means she shouldn't be allowed to finish out the season.

On the other hand, if she's even an average coach we should contend to be a top 16 team and host.
    The talent is definitely there so I agree, no excuses this year. I personally think we will be alot better. But the SEC as a whole has gotten better too so it won't be easy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    World Exposure Report (SEC Women's Basketball)

Preseason All-Conference First Team
    Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
    Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
    Moon Ursin, LSU
    Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
    Zia Cooke, South Carolina
    Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
    Rae Burrell, Tennessee
    Shakira Austin, Ole Miss

Preseason All-Conference Second Team
    Lavender Briggs, Florida
    Jenna Staiti, Georgia
    LaShondra Monk, Ole Miss
    Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
    Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
    Jordan Horston, Tennessee
    Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
    Khayla Pointer, LSU
    The key is going to be finding a consistent outside shooter. All of the All-SEC players listed are best around the basket. That could clog things up fast.

vCash
    Wait! Women play sports? When did that happen?

vCash
    A lot of damage has already been done with the fan base. Last season was a total disaster beyond belief. Cannot imagine the fan support and enthusiasm is going to be anywhere close to what it was in Vic?s last year or two.

vCash
    After watching that train wreck last year of virtue signaling while delivering nothing in the court I think I?ll pass. It will take a lot to recover from the damage done to the women?s basketball program last year. I would imagine it will be a couple seasons (if ever) before you see the level of fan engagement that the program once had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    The key is going to be finding a consistent outside shooter. All of the All-SEC players listed are best around the basket. That could clog things up fast.
    Keep an eye on Tulane transfer Jerkaila Jordan (37% 3 point, 71% free throw...2020-21 season at Tulane) as a perimeter threat as well as an all around threat. Temple transfer Ashley Jones (51 3 pointers at 33%, 80% free throw...2019-20..Temple) is a another proven perimeter shooter. Aislyn Hayes knocked down 45 3 pointers at about 30% for Middle Tennessee State last season....keep an eye on her as well. Also, freshman Jasmine Shavers : noted perimeter shooter/scorer on the high school level. Rickea Jackson has shown perimeter flashes at times. So has Myah Taylor.

Couple others...Catterion Thompson and Alasia Hayes. (Note) C. Thompson shot the 3 pointer exceptionally well at Ohio U..arrived at Miss. State as a.highly thought of 3 point shooter, but yet to transition that over.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 08-30-2021 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    After watching that train wreck last year of virtue signaling while delivering nothing in the court I think I?ll pass. It will take a lot to recover from the damage done to the women?s basketball program last year. I would imagine it will be a couple seasons (if ever) before you see the level of fan engagement that the program once had.
    Agree 100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    That’s fair and accurate. Don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Our coach needs to learn that.

vCash
    I’m guessing Coach Nik wasn’t pre season coach of the year ?? **