Thread: Actual college football today at 12

vCash

Actual college football today at 12

Nebraska (-7) at Illinois

It's here!

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Best time of year! Watched some high school football last night! Let?s go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

It's here!
    Thanks 7 ... I very well might have missed this game... appreciate the heads up
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    How many more shitty seasons will it take for Nebraska fans to realize its not the 1990's anymore?

vCash
    The same amount of seasons it will take Tennessee

vCash
    A real, live college football game.

I've got the tingles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    How many more shitty seasons will it take for Nebraska fans to realize its not the 1990's anymore?
    Big season for them and frost. I really thought Frost wouldve been much better

vCash
    Big season for them and frost. I really thought Frost wouldve been much better
    It just goes to show that there's more to coaching success than just being a good coach. what he did worked amazingly well at UCF but has fallen flat in Nebraska. Personnel, recruits, whether the existing team buys into your cliches or thinks they're stupid, etc. A great coach finds what works wherever he goes, clearly Frost needs more stars to align for him to have success.

The top 2 guys that hiring cycle were Frost and Kelly. In distant 3rd was Mullen. Funny how even the most obvious seeming stuff can be wrong. Just like how we wanted Schloss and Lemo was underwhelming... hopefully we remember next coaching search not to view it in absolute terms, because truth is nobody knows

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    It just goes to show that there's more to coaching success than just being a good coach. what he did worked amazingly well at UCF but has fallen flat in Nebraska. Personnel, recruits, whether the existing team buys into your cliches or thinks they're stupid, etc. A great coach finds what works wherever he goes, clearly Frost needs more stars to align for him to have success.

The top 2 guys that hiring cycle were Frost and Kelly. In distant 3rd was Mullen. Funny how even the most obvious seeming stuff can be wrong. Just like how we wanted Schloss and Lemo was underwhelming... hopefully we remember next coaching search not to view it in absolute terms, because truth is nobody knows
    So true. For most hires it?s best guess supported by some stats that may mean nothing

vCash

It's here!
    Thanks!!!

vCash
    Can't get it in the NOLA area, local fox station telling the dumbasses to leave because of the hurricane that is coming.

vCash
    Scott Frost may not get to go home in the plane today. Between the recruiting violations, this offense looking brutal, and them getting blown up by Illinois right now, Frost might not make it to the end of the season at this rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Scott Frost may not get to go home in the plane today. Between the recruiting violations, this offense looking brutal, and them getting blown up by Illinois right now, Frost might not make it to the end of the season at this rate.
    If this holds up, I'd fire him after the game. The main reason is Martinez is the exact player he was when frost got there. Frost hasn't developed him or replaced him... if you're gonna win with offense like frost wants to do, you can't win if you can't develop/recruit qbs

vCash
    Frost is a fired coach walking if he loses this game.

vCash
    Gotta admit, I like bielema at Illinois. I think he's gonna be successful there... not winning the big10 successful, but 8 wins a year successful

vCash
    Gotta admit, I like bielema at Illinois. I think he's gonna be successful there... not winning the big10 successful, but 8 wins a year successful
    I'll just come right out and say it - Bielema is an above average coach and Arkansas shouldn't have fired him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'll just come right out and say it - Bielema is an above average coach and Arkansas shouldn't have fired him.
    When he?s focused he?s not bad but his drinking got the best of him at Arkansas and it started to spiral out of control toward the end. Definitely better than Morris was though. Sam Pittman leaving for Georgia is when things started to sour, got frustrated at Bielema for not taking it seriously enough and going on beach vacations with Jen.