Thread: Pray for our Military KIA today

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

Pray for our Military KIA today

Things have deteriorated quickly over there and mass casualties are being reported. Double digit service members KIA and rising.

I cannot believe a United States General just said they share ISIS threat attack intel with the freaking Taliban who they are *relying on* for some security around the Kabul airport.

Sit and think about that for just a few minutes.

The US fricking military relying on the TALIBAN for security and relying on the TALIBAN to handle sensitive intel about imminent ISIS terrorist attacks...

vCash
    The Taliban has been fighting the Islamic State for over 40 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Things have deteriorated quickly over there and mass casualties are being reported. Double digit service members KIA and rising.

I cannot believe a United States General just said they share ISIS threat attack intel with the freaking Taliban who they are *relying on* for some security around the Kabul airport.

Sit and think about that for just a few minutes.

The US fricking military relying on the TALIBAN for security and relying on the TALIBAN to handle sensitive intel about imminent ISIS terrorist attacks...
    Not sure but I think it was part of the deal we cut with them to pull out
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Right there is the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Right there is the issue.
    Yep. Biden is legitimately just following the plan that the Trump administration agreed to.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    I have heard it as comparing Trotsky to Stalin, both are bad but one is contained solely to Afghanistan ( Taliban) whereas, Al Quada wants to spread worldwide. The Taliban will be the ones we assigned to protect Afghans, Us chose Taliban. Not to be confused with AlQuada

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Yep. Biden is legitimately just following the plan that the Trump administration agreed to.
    Trump may have brokered the deal but no way in Hell would he have just pulled the plug without an exit plan ... I agree that Biden is sticking to the deal but no way should this cluster-@&$* be laid on Trump
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    If this were true, it isn't, then why would Biden follow it if he thought it was a bad plan? Mother17er had no problem ending every other thing Trump started.

vCash
    Reports coming out that U.S. officials gave the Taliban a list of names of U.S. citizens, green card holders & Afghan allies to grant entry into the outer perimeter of the city?s airport, prompting outrage behind the scenes from lawmakers and military officials.

vCash
    Reports coming out that U.S. officials gave the Taliban a list of names of U.S. citizens, green card holders & Afghan allies to grant entry into the outer perimeter of the city?s airport, prompting outrage behind the scenes from lawmakers and military officials.
    This is starting to resemble headlines Babylon Bee would write. Holy shit.

vCash
    The "deal" that was brokered with the Afghanistan leadership and what is happening right now is like oil and water. When the dust settles there will be thousands of American citizens left over there. This isn't a Trump or Biden thing, this is an administration that left US citizens in the hands of a group of people that chant they want death to us.

vCash
    Trump may have brokered the deal but no way in Hell would he have just pulled the plug without an exit plan ... I agree that Biden is sticking to the deal but no way should this cluster-@&$* be laid on Trump
    The key is that he brokered the deal with Afghanistan not the tallies.

vCash
    Always blame the prior administration, accept no responsibility whatsoever! Priceless!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    The key is that he brokered the deal with Afghanistan not the tallies.

vCash
    This entire thing is obviously a shit show, and Biden absolutely deserves blame...as does Trump...as does Obama...as does W. How much does each own? I guess we'll see...

The exit could obviously have gone smoother, but I'm not really sure what "smooth" looks like in this case. The DoD and our Afghan embassy have been telling American citizens to leave FOR MONTHS. When you literally break a country, you pretty much own it...until you don't anymore...and this is what that looks like.

There is a reason this can has been kicked down the road through 4 different Presidential administrations....because no ones wants to deal with the optics of being attached to the ensuing bathtub drain.

vCash
    Guys. I'm very sad to hear of what happened. But I know where this is going. So it's being moved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Guys. I'm very sad to hear of what happened. But I know where this is going. So it's being moved.
    Roger That!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

The exit could obviously have gone smoother, but I'm not really sure what "smooth" looks like in this case. The DoD and our Afghan embassy have been telling American citizens to leave FOR MONTHS. When you literally break a country, you pretty much own it...until you don't anymore...and this is what that looks like. .
    Do you even know anything about force protection or projection?

vCash
    Do you even know anything about force protection or projection?
    Of course I do.

But what is the number? We talking about boots on the ground? Drones? Twitter threats? What?

And how long are we willing to back it up? 1 year? 2? 3? 4? Or is it just a bluff?

There is no scenario, other than us staying in Afghanistan forever, where the Taliban or some other group of lunatics wasn't going to take their country back.

As I said, the withdrawal was far from ideal. Obviously an understatement.

What else, exactly, could we have don't to drastically change the outcome, though? The scene at the airport of Afghans escaping the brutality of the Taliban was ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN. Yet we have pundits saying those folks escaping that hell "aren't the best and brightest", so **** them I guess, right?

Now look, I agree that getting every US citizen out should've been a priority, but as I mentioned before, the DoD and embassy the last few months literally begged US citizens to leave the country. What else can they do? If you're not military or State Dept., I can't fathom being in that hell-hole voluntarily, so again...I'm perplexed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Of course I do.

But what is the number? We talking about boots on the ground? Drones? Twitter threats? What?

And how long are we willing to back it up? 1 year? 2? 3? 4? Or is it just a bluff?

There is no scenario, other than us staying in Afghanistan forever, where the Taliban or some other group of lunatics wasn't going to take their country back.

As I said, the withdrawal was far from ideal. Obviously an understatement.

What else, exactly, could we have don't to drastically change the outcome, though? The scene at the airport of Afghans escaping the brutality of the Taliban was ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN. Yet we have pundits saying those folks escaping that hell "aren't the best and brightest", so **** them I guess, right?

Now look, I agree that getting every US citizen out should've been a priority, but as I mentioned before, the DoD and embassy the last few months literally begged US citizens to leave the country. What else can they do? If you're not military or State Dept., I can't fathom being in that hell-hole voluntarily, so again...I'm perplexed.
    If the citizen and allies we had there had any clue that this would be the result after we left I doubt we'd have this many left behind. Biden and others on down said there wouldn't be any issues after we pulled out. I know part of the blame is on the Afghan army that apparently just laid down their guns but on the other hand I've seen reports listing thousands upon thousands of vehicles we just left behind coupled with over 200 aircraft, more than half a million small arms and thousands of larger ones, military communications, etc. Common sense tells me than when you leave a place, especially if it was planned, you take your stuff. Its like we bolted in the middle of the night.

I'll never forget when Biden said it wouldn't be like Saigon where Americans had to be evacuated off the embassy rooftop and within two days we were doing the same thing in Afghanistan.