Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They're Coming After ND

vCash

They're Coming After ND

I've been waiting for cancel culture to get to these guys. It was bound too early once you accept that it'll never stop.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-26-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    How on earth did they find a Leprechaun to survey ??
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    "Notre Dame?s luck ran out Wednesday when its Fighting Irish leprechaun was slammed for being the fourth most offensive college football team mascot in the nation, according to a new survey.

The little green guy caught heat for cultural appropriation ? with critics calling him a disparaging symbol of Irish Catholics? after ranking only slightly better than San Diego State?s Aztec Warrior, Florida State?s Osceola and Renegade and the University of Hawaii?s Vili the Warrior, according to a survey by the sports apparel company Quality Logo Products."

A survey from a small apparel company doesn't mean shit. We don't even know the methodology and the New York Post sensationalized it like everything else. We don't know what question they asked, how they asked it, if possible answers were provided, etc., but I'd be willing to bet it's not a professional poll.

Chill. Nothing bad has happened to you or anyone else over stuff like this. Your life isn't worse in any measurable way.
    While I understand what you're saying. And I'm not arguing against what you are saying. I couldn't care less about this other than when does it stop.

That and your 3rd paragraph nails it on the head. EXCEPT people don't and won't think that way and won't ask those questions.

They will just read the headline get a pitchfork and point their faux aggression at a leprechaun until they are told what else they should be offended about.

ETA: ND may earn a tiny morsel of my respect if this blows up into a story and they don't back down. If they do then I guess it's no different than what I expected to happen and my life will continue just like it was.
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 08-26-2021 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    A frog put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. Before some says this is not true, it is not whether the frog will indeed stay in the pot or not but it is a warning.

It is a warning about the slow erosion of liberties, rewriting of history, cancelling traditions or any other slow threat you want to talk about.

If someone or a group said your last name was offensive, would you change it? Before you say yes, think about your own family, its history, traditions, values and even pride in who you are.

This movement is insane!

vCash
    Have we interviewed any bulldogs? Do we know if they are tired of representing us? Do we know if we have given them the forum to complain about their forced representation of our University?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    While I understand what you're saying. And I'm not arguing against what you are saying. I couldn't care less about this other than when does it stop.

That and your 3rd paragraph nails it on the head. EXCEPT people don't and won't think that way and won't ask those questions.

They will just read the headline get a pitchfork and point their faux aggression at a leprechaun until they are told what else they should be offended about.

ETA: ND may earn a tiny morsel of my respect if this blows up into a story and they don't back down. If they do then I guess it's no different than what I expected to happen and my life will continue just like it was.
    There's no actual movement to get that mascot removed anywhere. It's just the NYP trying to piss people off for clicks and judging by the existence of this thread, they got exactly what they wanted.

I hope Shotgun reads this and understands that what he just experienced was falling prey to propaganda.

To answer your question on when it ends, the answer is probably soon - there's not a ton of bad ones remaining. The rule really should be to not turn a culture into a mascot if the people choosing the name's ancestors murdered the shit out of the mascot's people. No one is actually criticizing The Fightin' Irish because Fightin Irish people chose the name.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Also, if we are going to cancel something shouldn't the name "Ole Miss" be canceled? I think its Scooba has it in his post the origin of that saying now name.

vCash
    They ain't magically delicious.

vCash
    An interesting duality at play here, lol.

New York Post: Cancel Culture is horrible!
    Also New York Post: we're going to megaphone this sensationalized story about a tiny "poll" nobody knows about to combat Cancel Culture!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    They ain't magically delicious.

No more than medium-rare.**

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Also, if we are going to cancel something shouldn't the name "Ole Miss" be canceled? I think its Scooba has it in his post the origin of that saying now name.
    It's literally old timey slang for the slave owners wife. It really ought to go.

Frankly, I hope they keep it and we make a concerted effort to make sure everyone is highly aware of that fact.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    It's literally old timey slang for the slave owners wife. It really ought to go.

Frankly, I hope they keep it and we make a concerted effort to make sure everyone is highly aware of that fact.
    It really is just funny that even after all that happened in 2020 their name never got brought up.

vCash
    Funny thing they list fsu Osceola and Renegade being offensive. Well guess what? They have the approval and blessing of the Seminole Nation. This stuff is getting ridiculous! People got to much time on their hands!

vCash
    I?m Irish and not in the least offended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm not Irish, but my liver is.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    So am I (68% according to Ancestry), and I am not offended either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Funny thing they list fsu Osceola and Renegade being offensive. Well guess what? They have the approval and blessing of the Seminole Nation. This stuff is getting ridiculous! People got to much time on their hands!
    This.

Also, lol on Notre Dame's mascot being offensive. They have the approval and blessing of Irish Catholics considering...it is an Irish Catholic school. And Irish Catholics freaking looooooooooove Notre Dame and its mascot.

vCash
    Who is ?they??