Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bulldogs were is our humanity. First time in my lifetime I am

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I guess "totally effective" would be a better choice of words. Let's try to twist words and make people seem like they are being extreme though. Let me try....

So your scenario paints the false picture that 100% of the people who don't get the vaccine will wind up with severe symptoms. And in the hospital. On the vent. And eventually die. Obviously that's false. But since we are working in extremes to "die" on our hills then why not go there?

Will they all wind up in ICU? Absolutely not. The absolute vast majority and it's not even an argument will be just fine. In the grand scheme of things, small samples that contract the virus will actually wind up in the hospital and get put on the ventilator also. There are lots out there that are. I understand and that is awful. But there are 100 fold more recovering just fine and most will recover at their house that have made the same choice. And after getting sent back home with no actual treatment when they do visit a doctor. Fractions of fractions wind up like some of you make it seem like it's a guarantee. Without a doubt to some.

So how many of those individuals that didn't get the vax also had "other debilitating factors" prior to getting Covid? That's certainly not recorded or reported.

Yes, the vaccination has proven to help with symptoms. Absolutely. I'm not saying don't get it if someone want to. But it still allows people with the shot to asymptomatically spread it to others. What happened to the vaccination being there to slow or stop the spread? Especially when the vaccinated can spread it. Has the narrative changed to just..... get it, or else?
    Getting vaccinated decreases your chance of dying of covid by 27x.

You still don't get that vaccination absolutely decreases the spread. Vaccinated people are contagious 6 days. Unvaccinated are contagious for 18 days. That's spreading 3x as long.

Again, we have done this before with Polio, Measles, Chickenpox. All of which are extremely rare today due to vaccinations. Why do you think Covid will be different?

FYI

Measles is a virus, transmitted by coughing and sneezing droplets, and is 2x as contagious as Delta Covid. and because 99.99% of people get 3-4 MMR vaccines (only 94%effective), we had a huge breakthrough of cases in 2019 of 1,200 cases in the usa.

That's what vaccines do.

vCash
    The perfect make believe part you seem to think is attainable would be nothing less than a utopia and everyone agreeing that masks are effective. It doesn't exist and never will, has, or can.

I'm having to explain to you that we all including yourself live in reality.
    I'm very much in reality. A reality that Covid is getting more people sick and killing more people in the US than ever, despite 53% doing all they can to be protected, and 38% not caring. And the facts are 99% of those record high deaths are from the 38%. Meanwhile those in the 38% are telling those not dying, that we are not living in reality, and that what we have done and are doing isn't working.
    It's maddening to tell the dying, that "if you do this, your chance of dying decreases by at least 27X".

Only to be told, "I'm not living in reality". I'm telling you this because I don't want more people to die.

But I'm beginning to care less about that 38% every day.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I literally quoted exactly what you said. I didn't twist anything. Literally no vaccine in the world is "totally effective". You're framing everything via strawman...
    Aight, I hear you. I'm not asking for 100% effectiveness. Obviously that's impossible. But it's too early to declare this vaccine champion simply based off the fact that it was created so quickly. I just can't get past what the long term effects might be or that the rush and stress put on them getting it out as quickly as possible may have some short sightedness to it. That is not crazy or unheard of. I can fully admit I very well could be wrong just like so many that have been quoted by people like you who have turned out to be wrong. And I certainly don't expect anyone to change their stance because of my opinions or anyone else on this message boards opinions on this matter. I won't die on my hill because I am not seeking yours or anyone else's stamp of approval on anything.

The vast majority of people that are in hospitals, that are on ventilators, and that are dying are indeed the unvaccinated. Just because you are unvaccinated doesn't guarantee 100% that these things WILL happen to you (where exactly did I say that in my previous post?), but you ARE more likely compared with the vaccinated.
    Again, the overwhelmingly vast majority that contract it will never even step foot in hospital. They will go home from a clinic with no real treatment because no one knows how to actually treat it. I don't blame anyone for that. Any doctor claiming otherwise gets shut down and labeled as crazy or stupid or threatened to have their license revoked. So all we are left with is the vaccine being sold as the end all be all at every facet of our lives now. EVERYTHING about this is still new. EVERYTHING. Even a 1.5 years in it's still too soon to say the vaccine or any other treatment is the best route to take. Saying otherwise is fooling yourself and others. Scientists yeah. Me and you, Nah. Get over yourself if you think you understand how any of this is actually working. Even if you are a doc.

And who else will they transmit it to in the meantime? Maybe they're fine, but their diabetes stricken obese mother-in-law with 2 stints in her heart already, might not be. Yes, vaccinated people can still spread COVID, albeit it is extremely rare. The only reason some do is because Delta is extremely more contagious than the previous version, and extremely more dangerous to if you're unvaccinated.
    Is an asymptomatic vaccinated carrier more dangerous than an asymptomatic unvaccinated carrier? They could both spread it to her just as easily as the other one right? Are there statistics on the number of asymptomatic vaccinated carriers out there unknowingly doing damage? What about asymptomatic unvaccinated carriers?

And again, when did I say that if you're unvaccinated you WILL end up in the ICU? You're using phrases like "vast majority", so I assume you have at least some grasp on basic statistics, no?
    I was emphasizing the point that I could've used a better choice of words instead of accidentally implying that I need 100% prevention to accept things are working swimmingly. My bad. Don't get caught up on that or the point I was making.

In many cases is is actually recorded. Not only that, but it has been made abundantly clear that those with poor health, debilitating factors, ect. are the most vulnerable literally from the get-go. All the more reason to get the vaccine.
    I must miss that column in all the stats they are selectively provide to the public. I would never expect that to be reported by the media if it was available. And for all I know is it would be illegal to do that based off patient rights. But that could be an important number to know in all of this. No?

You really think the vaccine is only to "help with symptoms"? And again, I see you're using the circular strawman of "vaccinated spread it too, so what's the point"...see above.
    No. Not what's the point for everyone. Some definitely need it. But not even 90% actually need it and would be fine. Probably much less. No I can't prove that just like you can't prove otherwise either.

It's really simple. If you get vaccinated, not only do you SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the chance that you will have debilitating symptoms, end up in a hospital, in an ICU, on a ventilator, or dead...you will also SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the chance you'll spread it to someone who either isn't vaccinated or is but is so poor in health, it can still do damage.
    It's simple if you are looking at only tomorrow. There are also things to consider as possibilities on the flip side of that coin too. It's also very, VERY likely (waayyyyy more) you may just quarantine at home and go on a couple of short walks around your neighborhood and just remotely work from home while resting with a tough cough and some fatigue. 10-14 days later if you're responsible and your back at work and safe and sound. Now you can go visit your sick MIL and feel fine being there.

If you're young and healthy you may not want to risk some of the possible but somewhat unlikely (so far, 6 months in) side effects from a rushed vaccine and new booster. But there is risk. Just like with taking the vaccine. Some of the neurological side effects and seizures directly related to getting the vaccine are way scarier to see IMO than possibly having a tough cough I will probably ride out at home. Blood clots are already scary enough. No need to explain that. There are plenty of other side effects too. Most every vaccine has them. I realize this isn't unique. In 3-5 years it may be some miracle drug for all I know.

vCash
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    And a script is not the same as you telling people to go to tractor supply and getting horse wormer.

Stick with coffee pyramid schemes.
    Please link where I told people to do that. Why do people feel the need to lie about all this? It's insanity.

vCash
    Aight, I hear you. I'm not asking for 100% effectiveness. Obviously that's impossible. But it's too early to declare this vaccine champion simply based off the fact that it was created so quickly. I just can't get past what the long term effects might be or that the rush and stress put on them getting it out as quickly as possible may have some short sightedness to it. That is not crazy or unheard of. I can fully admit I very well could be wrong just like so many that have been quoted by people like you who have turned out to be wrong. And I certainly don't expect anyone to change their stance because of my opinions or anyone else on this message boards opinions on this matter. I won't die on my hill because I am not seeking yours or anyone else's stamp of approval on anything.

Again, the overwhelmingly vast majority that contract it will never even step foot in hospital. They will go home from a clinic with no real treatment because no one knows how to actually treat it. I don't blame anyone for that. Any doctor claiming otherwise gets shut down and labeled as crazy or stupid or threatened to have their license revoked. So all we are left with is the vaccine being sold as the end all be all at every facet of our lives now. EVERYTHING about this is still new. EVERYTHING. Even a 1.5 years in it's still too soon to say the vaccine or any other treatment is the best route to take. Saying otherwise is fooling yourself and others. Scientists yeah. Me and you, Nah. Get over yourself if you think you understand how any of this is actually working. Even if you are a doc.

Is an asymptomatic vaccinated carrier more dangerous than an asymptomatic unvaccinated carrier? They could both spread it to her just as easily as the other one right? Are there statistics on the number of asymptomatic vaccinated carriers out there unknowingly doing damage? What about asymptomatic unvaccinated carriers?

I was emphasizing the point that I could've used a better choice of words instead of accidentally implying that I need 100% prevention to accept things are working swimmingly. My bad. Don't get caught up on that or the point I was making.

I must miss that column in all the stats they are selectively provide to the public. I would never expect that to be reported by the media if it was available. And for all I know is it would be illegal to do that based off patient rights. But that could be an important number to know in all of this. No?

No. Not what's the point for everyone. Some definitely need it. But not even 90% actually need it and would be fine. Probably much less. No I can't prove that just like you can't prove otherwise either.

It's simple if you are looking at only tomorrow. There are also things to consider as possibilities on the flip side of that coin too. It's also very, VERY likely (waayyyyy more) you may just quarantine at home and go on a couple of short walks around your neighborhood and just remotely work from home while resting with a tough cough and some fatigue. 10-14 days later if you're responsible and your back at work and safe and sound. Now you can go visit your sick MIL and feel fine being there.

If you're young and healthy you may not want to risk some of the possible but somewhat unlikely (so far, 6 months in) side effects from a rushed vaccine and new booster. But there is risk. Just like with taking the vaccine. Some of the neurological side effects and seizures directly related to getting the vaccine are way scarier to see IMO than possibly having a tough cough I will probably ride out at home. Blood clots are already scary enough. No need to explain that. There are plenty of other side effects too. Most every vaccine has them. I realize this isn't unique. In 3-5 years it may be some miracle drug for all I know.
    How was the vaccine "Rushed"? Here is an article from 2018 talking about the advantages of an mRNA vaccine. https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

And another article discussing how they used 2 decades of learnings from SARS and MERS to make the vaccine for COVID.(all related corona Virus) https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com...29-020-00695-2

As for the side effects of the vaccine, What are the long term health problems with COVID? Other than ED that the blue pill doesn't fix? https://health.clevelandclinic.org/y...e-dysfunction/

vCash
    At 10:55 am CDT, on August 26, 2021 some asshole posting with your username said this
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    B) We also have some great therapeutics in ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin. More studies are coming out showing this. Big Tech makes them harder to find- but they are there. A friend of mine had his wife get it. So did he after she tested positive. He never got tested. Got some ivermectin from the tractor supply place and was fine.

vCash
    How was the vaccine "Rushed"? Here is an article from 2018 talking about the advantages of an mRNA vaccine. https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

And another article discussing how they used 2 decades of learnings from SARS and MERS to make the vaccine for COVID. (all related corona Virus) https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com...29-020-00695-2

As for the side effects of the vaccine, What are the long term health problems with COVID? Other than ED that the blue pill doesn't fix? https://health.clevelandclinic.org/y...e-dysfunction/

1 - We'll see. It's still new and drastically untested in humans. There will be no study out there that you can link that changes that. Time going by is the only missing factor at this point.

#2 - Death by words. Good lord man do you actually think I am going to read that?

#3 - Possibly the most pointless post here. A link saying vaccine may also cause ED. I'll add that to my list. I wasn't aware of that one. Thanks!

Blood clots, seizures, myocarditis, Guillain-Barr? Syndrome, Anaphylaxis, and now ED. As of August 25, 2021, VAERS has received 1,377 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received COVID-19 vaccine.

December 14, 2020, through August 30, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,218 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. That is more that have died in my age group since the beginning of the year from contracting the virus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I agree with most of this however, I had to get vaccines to attend MSU. Not sure how this is different if they require students to get the vaccine to attend. If you can't get the vaccine then they should be able to have a medical document explaining why they can't take it. Every person on this message board has had vaccines at some point in their life if they attended a public educational institution.
    Some differences:

1. This is not a vaccine. You still get Covid with the shot.

2. It ain't proven even if FDA approved before any long term effects can be realized. You can't shortcut time. This is an new type drug the MNRA stuff. Extra trials must be had for this.

3. This is a respiratory virus and there has never been a vaccine for one. Smallpox was not respiratory.

4. Smallpox also killed like 30+% of people. 99.9% of people survive Covid and if you take out elderly and those with health issues it is like 99.999%. No need for a vaccine mandate.

If they can pass the mustard from these common sense things then fine go do the vaccine thing. Yeah I had my smallpox vaccine too.

vCash

And another article discussing how they used 2 decades of learnings from SARS and MERS to make the vaccine for COVID.(all related corona Virus) https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com...29-020-00695-2

They have worked on SARS vaccines for 6+ decades and never figured it out. They don't know long term effects because it hasn't been long term yet.

Did you know MERS had a 35% fatality rate? Big difference in that and Covid but we didn't act that way with MERS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    They have worked on SARS vaccines for 6+ decades and never figured it out. They don't know long term effects because it hasn't been long term yet.

Did you know MERS had a 35% fatality rate? Big difference in that and Covid but we didn't act that way with MERS.
    What could go wrong?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

I think you have SARS confused with something else, SARS wasn't discovered until 2002 and MERS until 2012. I think you mean the mRNA vaccines. In 2018, the issue was lack of funding to get a reliable delivery method. They knew mRNA vaccines were safe, effective, and rapidly deployed since the early 1990's, but not stable (which is why they have to be stored at such low temperatures). That the mRNA degrades so fast is a feature, not a bug.

See below: although some of this is over my head

The use of mRNA has several beneficial features over subunit, killed and live attenuated virus, as well as DNA-based vaccines.
    First, safety: as mRNA is a non-infectious, non-integrating platform, there is no potential risk of infection or insertional mutagenesis. Additionally, mRNA is degraded by normal cellular processes, and its in vivo half-life can be regulated through the use of various modifications and delivery methods9,10,11,12. The inherent immunogenicity of the mRNA can be down-modulated to further increase the safety profile9,12,13.
    Second, efficacy: various modifications make mRNA more stable and highly translatable9,12,13. Efficient in vivo delivery can be achieved by formulating mRNA into carrier molecules, allowing rapid uptake and expression in the cytoplasm (reviewed in Refs 10,11). mRNA is the minimal genetic vector; therefore, anti-vector immunity is avoided, and mRNA vaccines can be administered repeatedly.
    Third, production: mRNA vaccines have the potential for rapid, inexpensive and scalable manufacturing, mainly owing to the high yields of in vitro transcription reactions.
    And thankfully MERS onset of symptoms was fast. So isolating those that were symptomatic until they got better or died contained it. That's why the first reactions to COVID was a 2 week lockdown. If MERS had the 3-5 day asymptomatic infectious period, it would be the new Black Death or The Stand.

I read books in college about airborne Marburg or Ebola, that will give you nightmares.

vCash
    At 10:55 am CDT, on August 26, 2021 some asshole posting with your username said this
    Yeahhhh- reading comprehension is still not a strength of yours. I told a story about something a friend did. I in no way told people to go do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeahhhh- reading comprehension is still not a strength of yours. I told a story about something a friend did. I in no way told people to go do that.
    The only time you talked about how to get IVM, you mentioned buying it at tractor Supply.

If you meant for people to get it from a doctor, why was your example from a feed store?

Stick to bitching about coaches, and pyramid schemes.

Or go back to Yalobusha county

vCash
    Ivermectin makes you sterile...

However, a recent report showed that 85% of all male patients treated with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunctions including, low sperm counts, poor sperm morphologies (two heads, Tiny heads Double tails absence of tail?s, Albino sperm calls), azoospermia and poor sperm motility [6]. Several studies done on animals also showed
    similar findings [7, 8].