Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs were is our humanity. First time in my lifetime I am

vCash

Bulldogs were is our humanity. First time in my lifetime I am

saddened and disappointed in My University. My family is 3 generations of Bulldogs. Got one daughter there now and another probably on the way unless this continues to spiral.

MSU has lost it's care for people. Freshmen in the dorm that get Covid are kicked out in the streets and out of class with no way to do school. In some majors that could fail you for the semester. Not only that but many will be homeless and living out of their cars. Heck let Rice Hall be opened for a Covid ward if that is what it takes.

Where is our humanity? Do we really treat our fellow brothers and sisters like this? A freshman in college is hard enough.

Take the FAMILY BS out at MSU slogans if this is who we are now. This ain't how you treat family. Really disappointed in Keenum's leadership.

This is not a Covid/Vaccine thread. This is about treating people respectfully and humanely and caring about others. Yes I know the stunt is about trying to force kids to take a vaccine that is only 40% effective against a virus that doesn't even hurt kids.

Banned
    vCash
    In

vCash
    Following
    Keenum has never been a leader. He is a soft politician.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    a vaccine that is only 40% effective
    Lol, you say this after saying this isn't a "vaccine thread". Jesus.

vCash
    I thought we had a motel we housed them in while they quarantined. Did we stop that after the last spike?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    95% of all Covid Patients in the entire state are unvaccinated. Tell 17n lies somewhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I thought we had a motel we housed them in while they quarantined. Did we stop that after the last spike?
    We did last year. I would imagine the numbers are way too high to do it this year.

The vaccine is free. It has been available since damn April. 5.04 billion doses have been put into arms. 5.04 billion over the course of 9 months.

Get the shot. Or don?t. Totally up to you. You get COVID and you will be asked to leave class and campus. It will impact your grades. I feel like everyone has been upfront with this. Same with requiring a vaccine card to enter the stadium.

As far as being kicked out into the streets, I would assume the freshmen would just go home. Or figure it out like an adult. You act like an 18 year old is a 7 year old.

The consequences for not getting the vaccine and booster are going to become more and more abrupt as the vaccine keeps kicking ass out there. And I say bring on the restrictions.

vCash
    Plus you have to imagine every hotel in the area is booked for football this year as opposed to last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    We did last year. I would imagine the numbers are way too high to do it this year.

The vaccine is free. It has been available since damn April. 5.04 billion doses have been put into arms. 5.04 billion over the course of 9 months.

Get the shot. Or don?t. Totally up to you. You get COVID and you will be asked to leave class and campus. It will impact your grades. I feel like everyone has been upfront with this. Same with requiring a vaccine card to enter the stadium.

As far as being kicked out into the streets, I would assume the freshmen would just go home. Or figure it out like an adult. You act like an 18 year old is a 7 year old.

The consequences for not getting the vaccine and booster are going to become more and more abrupt as the vaccine keeps kicking ass out there. And I say bring on the restrictions.
    Why should there be penalties for students who test positive when plenty of people who are getting covid have had the vaccine. Most of the people that I know who have gotten it lately are actually vaccinated.

vCash
    And I say bring on the restrictions.
    THe policy........................Regardless if you are vax v unvax, if you get covid, you are removed from class, residents and must quarantine. However, policy states to notify your instructors and it is an excused absence. I am sure the instructors will help the student keep up.

Also, vaccinated are spreading and getting covid. I personally know a teacher that was fully vaccinated and got a bad case first week of school. IF you want to come down on people and judge them for their choice to be vaccinated, prepare to be judged when you pick up covid at a football game.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 08-26-2021 at 06:20 AM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    So how are the vaccine papers to access stadiums supposed to do something to stop the spread of Covid when they allow people with one vaccine shot, even if administered just before walking into the stadium, to go in? Will they still allow tailgating? If so, do you have to show vaccine status for that? What about the dog walk?

Its ok to be pro vaccine but at the same time question the protocols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Why should there be penalties for students who test positive when plenty of people who are getting covid have had the vaccine. Most of the people that I know who have gotten it lately are actually vaccinated.
    True.

That 95% is BS.

But....most (not all) hospitalizations are the un vaxxed. Most deaths are the unvaxxed. So....get the vaccination.

I think the Lord helped plan the Afgan pull out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    True.

That 95% is BS.

But....most (not all) hospitalizations are the un vaxxed. Most deaths are the unvaxxed. So....get the vaccination.

I think the Lord helped plan the Afgan pull out.
    Yes it's all in revelations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Also, vaccinated are spreading and getting covid. I personally know a teacher that was fully vaccinated and got a bad case first week of school. IF you want to come down on people and judge them for their choice to be vaccinated, prepare to be judged when you pick up covid at a football game.
    I'm home right now Covid positive and fully vaxed.

vCash
    The original studies for the vaccine never said you cannot get COVID. The data was always about reducing severe cases/hospitalizations/deaths. Its easy to short sight this and make it seem like the vaccine is not worth anything, but the spill over effect into the hospitals in the state is really ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I'm home right now Covid positive and fully vaxed.
    How are you doing?

vCash
    So what happens to a student that gets COVID and is fully vaccinated? Does the university work with them or are they just SOL as well. I believe it is a personal choice to get it or not but if you have gotten it and still get COVID, which is very possible, I fail to see how the university can kick you out and say that it was your fault you got it.

vCash

This is Nazi tactics! Do this, do that or we will load you on a rail car and ship you off to Auschwitz! I am not anti-vaccine as I have taken the vaccine - both me and my wife and all of our grown children! It was a choice that was right for us! What I am against is the government forcing citizens to do something that may be against their beliefs. Sine both vaccinated and unvaccinated can still get the damn virus and pass it on to others, the ONLY advantage of getting the vaccine is - from what I have read, is the severity of the illness if you get it. So, in summary, the vaccine does NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus, it only limits the severity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    The original studies for the vaccine never said you cannot get COVID. The data was always about reducing severe cases/hospitalizations/deaths. Its easy to short sight this and make it seem like the vaccine is not worth anything, but the spill over effect into the hospitals in the state is really ugly.
    Exactly, my wife works in the health industry and I work with a guy whose wife works in the cardiac unit of a hospital. Almost all of the cases severe enough to get put on a respirator are unvaccinated people. There are always cases that are outliers but nothing in life is typically 100%.

My mom almost died this week from a broke leg and infection. The Iuka emergency room took a little while to find a hospital in Northeast MS/Northwest AL that actually had an available bed. Tupelo is sending patients to other hospitals because they are full. My mom will not be able to do rehab in the location she has done before because of no room due to Covid.

This isn't some guy on Facebook spouting off bullshit. I will gladly talk to anyone about my first hand information and not some guy that you knew 20 years ago in high school giving you facts on Facebook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    This is Nazi tactics! Do this, do that or we will load you on a rail car and ship you off to Auschwitz! I am not anti-vaccine as I have taken the vaccine - both me and my wife and all of our grown children! It was a choice that was right for us! What I am against is the government forcing citizens to do something that may be against their beliefs. Sine both vaccinated and unvaccinated can still get the damn virus and pass it on to others, the ONLY advantage of getting the vaccine is - from what I have read, is the severity of the illness if you get it. So, in summary, the vaccine does NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus, it only limits the severity.
    I agree with most of this however, I had to get vaccines to attend MSU. Not sure how this is different if they require students to get the vaccine to attend. If you can't get the vaccine then they should be able to have a medical document explaining why they can't take it. Every person on this message board has had vaccines at some point in their life if they attended a public educational institution.