Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tropical head's up - Hurricane IDA

vCash
    IDA is now a TS
    Keep a heads up MS.. keeps shifting East.

vCash
    The bend is what we really need to watch. If it really tracks NW as far inland as they are now showing, the MS coast may be spared, for the most part. But man, that's a long way inland. I just don't trust it. If it takes that turn to the N, and then NE, a little sooner, Hancock, Forrest, and Pearl River counties could take a hard hit.

vCash
    Forecast for starkville now includes tropical storm conditions possible for Sunday night and Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    The bend is what we really need to watch. If it really tracks NW as far inland as they are now showing, the MS coast may be spared, for the most part. But man, that's a long way inland. I just don't trust it. If it takes that turn to the N, and then NE, a little sooner, Hancock, Forrest, and Pearl River counties could take a hard hit.
    Will know a lot more after it crosses Cuba around Friday night around midnight... Intensity and where it is in relation to this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Will know a lot more after it crosses Cuba around Friday night around midnight... Intensity and where it is in relation to this point.
    I just got notification of potential deployment to Louisiana within the next 48 hours. FEMA now preparing for cat 3 -4 potential for higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I just got notification of potential deployment to Louisiana within the next 48 hours. FEMA now preparing for cat 3 -4 potential for higher.
    I feel that's a good call. If it stays on the predicted track its gonna go right over the hottest part of the gulf, where a loop current is. this will likely cause the storm to jump in speed very fast.

vCash
    In 2005 Katrina crossed Florida and drifted westward into the loop. It emerged as a monster. This has the potential to get ugly.

vCash
    A noted met posted on twitter the analog for Ida is another storm you may have heard of...Camille.

vCash
    i was 8 when Camille came aboard .....this would be worst case scenario. If i remember correctly Camille still had 100 mph winds by the time it reached New York.

vCash
    i was 8 when Camille came aboard .....this would be worst case scenario. If i remember correctly Camille still had 100 mph winds by the time it reached New York.
    Now let me say I don't think anyone is expecting a Camille level storm. But it is showing the potential of rapid intensification.

vCash
    There could be major issues if this thing causes significant injuries in an area where there are no hospital beds available.

vCash
    I was 8 living less than 1/2 mile off the beach in Mississippi City when Camille hit. To this day i can still hear the wind, 6 hours of a train. Me and my Brothers and sisters drank well and pond water for a week/ Katrina i spent the day in a house with water up to my stomach/

vCash
    Ida now officially forecast to be a major hurricane at landfall. Also of concern for MS is the forecast track as it brings it in to around Vicksburg and then turns it NE towards Tupelo. That will have much of the state in the eastern quadrant of the storm and susceptible to the strongest winds and tornado threat. Widespread power outages will be likely for the state if this holds. Better to be safe than sorry and stock up on water and non perishable food items in case you end up without power for a few days. Obviously, the further south you live the longer that could be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Ida now officially forecast to be a major hurricane at landfall. Also of concern for MS is the forecast track as it brings it in to around Vicksburg and then turns it NE towards Tupelo. That will have much of the state in the eastern quadrant of the storm and susceptible to the strongest winds and tornado threat. Widespread power outages will be likely for the state if this holds. Better to be safe than sorry and stock up on water and non perishable food items in case you end up without power for a few days. Obviously, the further south you live the longer that could be.
    Sigh, corn harvest just started. This is going to hurt an already reeling south delta, north delta too.

Farming, don?t ya love it. Expletive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Sigh, corn harvest just started. This is going to hurt an already reeling south delta, north delta too.

My dad worked many years at First South Farm Credit and he always kept me up to date on whether the farmers were having a good year or not. He was well aware of the perils and uncertainties of farming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post

On the East Coast of Miss, Harrison and Jackson Cties, The are predicting less than Trop Stom winds and 7ft Tides. It's predicted to go into Morgan City then BTR the up the River

vCash

Latest forecast track.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    On the East Coast of Miss, Harrison and Jackson Cties, The are predicting less than Trop Stom winds and 7ft Tides. It's predicted to go into Morgan City then BTR the up the River
    Any idea what the tides got up to in Jackson County for Zeta?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Any idea what the tides got up to in Jackson County for Zeta?
    I know the surge was higher than expected in Gulfport. About 10 Ft.

vCash
    Ida is now a hurricane.