Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some of y'all need some Xanax

vCash
    What category am I? I think realist.

I see 2 absolute losses at Bama, A&M and 4 wins - 3 OOC and Vandy The rest are toss-ups. That's an awful lot of toss up games with 7-5 my hope.

vCash
    Now, as an admitted sunshine pumper I will say if we look like dog shit offensively vs. La Tech I will come unglued. In fact if we can't score 40+ vs La Tech's defense then I'm joining the Doom Patrol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Not one person on a single MSU board any where has said we are going to run the table.
    Yes there have been. Go back and look at some prediction threads. Yes they are there. Now they may have been being sarcastic but you all miss the point.

Point is everyone has a different perspective from top to bottom. Why do some feel the need to insult others just to make themselves feel better?

Its talkin season, no one is wrong right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    What category am I? I think realist.

I see 2 absolute losses at Bama, A&M and 4 wins - 3 OOC and Vandy The rest are toss-ups. That's an awful lot of toss up games with 7-5 my hope.
    That's consistent with most of the people I've seen that say "10 win ceiling". Myself included. It would take Auburn like luck to get there. And the only season I think we have ever had where all the toss ups and breaks went our way was '99.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Nobody wants fluff all the time. Thats ridiculous. It's the reason Sixpackspeak was started. That wasnt allowed on Jeanspage. You have to have a place to argue and speak freely about what is going on with our sports programs.

Elite was started to get away from the Mississippi Rebel trolls that would turn talking State sports into shitshows. But it was still about allowing difference of opinion and thought. Arguing sports is simply about who ends up being right and who ends up being wrong. Thats the fun in it.

We have the sunshine pumpers around here for sure. Especially right now before kickoff, it happens every season. A few people keep saying 10 wins is our ceiling. They are expecting huge leaps this season. Also expecting a badass top 3 in the SEC defense. 8-10 wins is 100% happening to this group

We have the "wait and see" crowd who have their concerns (of which I am a member) with what is going on. Lots of offensive questions with a team that should have a solid D. We see this year as a 5-7 win type year depending on how many of those questions get answered.

98% of people on this board fall into these 2 categories.
    Spot on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I don't where you are seeing these folks. Nobody around here is seriously thinking 10 wins.

Hell, I'm a "sunshine pumper" and I only see 7 wins with maybe a shot at 8 if some things fall our way.
    There are plenty of “10 win ceiling” posts. If you say the ceiling is 10- then you certainly believe this team is winning at least 8 games. You can only stretch your range so far. You don’t get to say 10 win ceiling and then we win 6 games for you to go- “yeah we finished about how I thought we would”
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    There are plenty of “10 win ceiling” posts. If you say the ceiling is 10- then you certainly believe this team is winning at least 8 games. You can only stretch your range so far. You don’t get to say 10 win ceiling and then we win 6 games for you to go- “yeah we finished about how I thought we would”
    I'm not seeing anyone saying 10 is our ceiling. That's nuts. Whitfield has a room ready if anyone believes that.

vCash
    Whitfield has a room ready if anyone believes that.

vCash
    I'm not seeing anyone saying 10 is our ceiling. That's nuts. Whitfield has a room ready if anyone believes that.
    This has been posted 2 ways:

A) The people that came right out and said it

B) The people that said "Our only 2 for sure losses are Bama and A&M". If you think we only have 2 sure losses- then you think our ceiling is 10 wins.

Probably the biggest divide I see on the board is between the people that think we will absolutely beat NC State and UPig vs the people that realize both games will be tough and we will be the underdog in both games.

vCash
    This has been posted 2 ways:

A) The people that came right out and said it

B) The people that said "Our only 2 for sure losses are Bama and A&M". If you think we only have 2 sure losses- then you think our ceiling is 10 wins.

Probably the biggest divide I see on the board is between the people that think we will absolutely beat NC State and UPig vs the people that realize both games will be tough and we will be the underdog in both games.
    I don't think B necessarily means what you say it means. You can think there are a lot more toss up games than sure losses without thinking we're going to win all those toss up games.

I think we're going to lose 4or5ish games but I don't know which games other than Alabama and A&M. The other 2 or 3 could be any of the other games except LaTech, Memphis or TennSt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I don't think B necessarily means what you say it means. You can think there are a lot more toss up games than sure losses without thinking we're going to win all those toss up games.
    I dont think you understand what "ceiling" means. Ceiling means you win all the toss-up games. Floor means you lose all the toss-up games.

Auburn and LSU arent toss-up games to me. LSU lost all their starters from 2019 and had the worst defensive strategy with no adjustment I've ever seen last year. And we barely won. The game was tied with 8 mins left. Auburn has blown us out 3 of the last 4 seasons. They have more talent and should be coached fairly well.

vCash
    I l'll go ahead and say 10 is possible. I think I even made a thread about it.

Ole Miss at home with a horrible D = Win
    LA Tech, NC State, Memphis = Wins
    LSU at home after three wins = Win
    Arky = tough win
    Kentucky at home avenging = Win
    Vandy =Big Win
    Auburn new coach, bad QB at home = Win
    Tenn State = lol better win

I have so much sunshine coming out of me, I don't see why we couldn't even beat A&M. Like seriously, at LEAST play them to the wire!

IF WE ARE the team the sunshine pumpers think that we are. I believe we should go at worse 3-2 verse Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, A&M, and LSU. Bama only Guaranteed Win... lol... loss.

Honestly if we do not win at least 8 games this year, I will count that a bad year. Now, if we do not win 8 games, but we play a bunch of people close and we are able to walk away and say " crap that was a freshman mistake or their guy was just better than our guy." I'll take it.

Call me crazy I really don't care, I am just tired of us not expecting State to make strides year after year.
    Last edited by Maverick91; 08-25-2021 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    I dont think you understand what "ceiling" means. Ceiling means you win all the toss-up games. Floor means you lose all the toss-up games.

Auburn and LSU arent toss-up games to me. LSU lost all their starters from 2019 and had the worst defensive strategy with no adjustment I've ever seen last year. And we barely won. The game was tied with 8 mins left. Auburn has blown us out 3 of the last 4 seasons. They have more talent and should be coached fairly well.
    Ok. But it's fair to say LSU is a toss up game when we are not an underdog per FPI. And auburn didn't blow us out in 2020. It was 9-3 in the fourth quarter and ended 24-10.

I think our ceiling is 10 wins. Meaning if we win every toss up game on the schedule we reasonably can win, we would win 10. That won't happen of course.

I think our floor is 2 wins. Meaning if we lose every game that we could reasonably lose, we would win 2. That won't happen of course.

I think we go 7-5.
    Last edited by confucius say; 08-25-2021 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Ok. But it's fair to say LSU is a toss up game when we are not an underdog per FPI. And auburn didn't blow us out in 2020. It was 9-3 in the fourth quarter and ended 24-10.
    FPI my butt. LSU is more talented than we are. They have more experience this year than last which will help. Can we outcoach them like we did last year? Maybe, but I wouldnt count on it. When the game kicks off we will likely be a 3-4 point dog- which at home means people think we are a TD underdog.

We beat Auburn 23-9 in 2018. They have beaten us by 2 TD's or more 4 of the last 5 seasons. It's not a toss-up no matter how much some of you want it to be. Some of you were calling 2019 a toss-up when the game ended up over 8 minutes into the 1st Q. Beating Auburn at Auburn would be a major upset

vCash
    FPI my butt. LSU is more talented than we are. They have more experience this year than last which will help. Can we outcoach them like we did last year? Maybe, but I wouldnt count on it. When the game kicks off we will likely be a 3-4 point dog- which at home means people think we are a TD underdog.

We beat Auburn 23-9 in 2018. They have beaten us by 2 TD's or more 4 of the last 5 seasons. It's not a toss-up no matter how much some of you want it to be. Some of you were calling 2019 a toss-up when the game ended up over 8 minutes into the 1st Q. Beating Auburn at Auburn would be a major upset
    Dude, you know O leans heavily on his asst. coaches. He had great hires in Brady and Aranda. These new guys are college football play calling virgins. This is a huge liability for him this year. Had he brought in Todd Monken and Derrick Mason I'd would have been like "Oh, shit, O trying for another Natty." I'm not seeing that with this bunch.

Yeah, they got talent but what are they gonna do with it?

vCash

LSU was more talented than us last year too. And in 2017. And in 2014. And in 2015 and 2016 when they beat us by 2 and 3, respectively. They are always more talented than us.
    We have more experience this year too. You think they will be a fg favorite on the road but don't think that's a toss up? Ok. And to be clear, I have us at 7-5 but not beating LSU. But to say that game is not in play is wrong IMO.

I don't expect us to beat auburn either. But I'm not willing to concede it as a for sure loss at this point.
    Last edited by confucius say; 08-25-2021 at 03:09 PM.

vCash

I'm not gong to argue semantics of "ceiling" with you, because it doesn't matter. But just know that not everyone that thinks Alabama and A&M are the only sure losses thinks 10 wins is possible for this team. The extreme minority thinks any team wins all the toss ups.

And you can think the LSU game is a sure loss, but we "barely beat them" by 10 in Baton Rouge despite our QB throwing a pick six and us turning it over several other times. We beat the shit out of them and the score was a poor reflection of how bad we beat them. It should have been much worse. Now they've hired 2 coordinators that have never coordinated, their head coach sucks ass, and we've got them at home. It's a toss up. I think Auburn is more of a loss, but they lost a ton of proven players, their OL stinks, and they are overhauling their philosophy on both sides of the ball with a new head coach, so I'm not conceding that one in August.

vCash
    This is the dumbest thread Ive seen on here in a while

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I'm not gong to argue semantics of "ceiling" with you, because it doesn't matter. But just know that not everyone that thinks Alabama and A&M are the only sure losses thinks 10 wins is possible for this team. The extreme minority thinks any team wins all the toss ups.
    I am with you on this. I am in the camp of thinking Bama and A&M are the only two losses but am also 99% sure we will lose more than 2 games. I just think those two are the baseline and then there a bunch of pretty interchangeable games. We could go 8-4 with losses to LSU and Auburn or 8-4 with wins against those two teams and I would not be totally shocked.

I think LSU is very much a toss-up at home assuming we have not regressed. Other than 2019 that series has been pretty competitive since 2014, and it was fairly interesting for a while in 2012 and 2013. And I know the Auburn game is on the road but they are a borderline bowl team with a bunch of question marks and a new coach with zero experience in the SEC. As we sit here today that is a winnable game.

But then I also think we have several games that some are chalking up as sure W's that will be a real challenge. So I am very much in the camp of thinking this is most likely a 6 to 8 win team. But I still stand by the fact that no specific losses are a given outside of Bama and A&M.