Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of y'all need some Xanax

vCash
    I could use a Xanax or ten but it doesn't have anything to do with Mississippi State football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I was going to post this in TrapGame's thread about Matt Wyatt's thoughts on scrimmage two, but decided I'd rather piss people off by putting this on the front page.

We have some 'fans' on this board that seem to want to trash our program at every opportunity.

All they want to talk about is how bad our Offense was last season. And don't get me wrong it WAS pretty bad. But let's review, shall we?

1) All-Everything Senior transfer QB that didn't work out. Again.
    2) WR corps trying to learn a completely new offensive route concepts on the fly.
    3) An All-Everything-Sure-Shot-NFL RB who QUIT ON HIS TEAM less than halfway through the season.
    4) 13 Transfers and 4 COVID Opt-outs killing our depth.
    5) Playing two games (Ole Miss and Georgia) with 50 players because of COVID instead of pussing out like some schools I could name.

With all that, we still improved as the year went on and beat a Mizzou team on a hot streak and knocked off a Top-25 team in our bowl game.

I don't expect a national title or Hell, even an SEC title this season. But if you can't see all the crap that went on last year and have some optimism around this team I don't know how you keep yourself from sucking off the nearest shotgun every day.

Lighten the F up.
    Agree. Great post
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    7, we haven't snapped a ball in a "real" game yet and some folks around here are already calling 4 or 5 wins as our max.

That's ridiculous.
    Some are saying we are going to run the table and be best O ever too. It is OK to have an opinion either way. Back to the thread title, take a pill. This is talk6ng season. Someone is gonna be right. I said 6-8 should be expected. Less than 6 is unacceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Some are saying we are going to run the table and be best O ever too. It is OK to have an opinion either way. Back to the thread title, take a pill. This is talk6ng season. Someone is gonna be right. I said 6-8 should be expected. Less than 6 is unacceptable.
    Not one person on a single MSU board any where has said we are going to run the table.

vCash
    Some are saying we are going to run the table and be best O ever too.
    I know sarcasm sometimes evades you, but zero people are saying that, lol.

Banned
    vCash
    This. Repped

vCash
    Ain't nobody saying we're running the table. The O will be improved. Saying it's going to be as bad, or worse, as last season is just wishful thinking by the Leach haters.

vCash
    Top oline in state to OM. Now we hoping for 2 of the top 10 recruits in the state. Maybe I could use a Xanax...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Top oline in state to OM. Now we hoping for 2 of the top 10 recruits in the state. Maybe I could use a Xanax...
    I agree that this would be a death blow

vCash
    It's August. Let's see how the season plays out. Come December we'll have time to rend garments and clutch pearls.

vCash
    Gautier...no thanks!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    7, we haven't snapped a ball in a "real" game yet and some folks around here are already calling 4 or 5 wins as our max.

That's ridiculous.
    That's their opinion. They're allowed to have one, and they're allowed to be wrong. That's why it's an opinion. It's ok to think differently. I don't know when our society lost that knowledge.

vCash
    lol ... while I appreciate the thought and agree with a lot of what you say, I will add that nobody here knows how the season will play out yet ... it's early and this team is still young while our coach is very early into his tenure here.
    Last year before the season started nobody expected to beat LSU or lose to Arkansas .... or not score a single point against Kentucky, or playing well against Georgia with a Freshman QB. Morale boosting is one thing and trying to keep things real is another.
    Either way I appreciate BOTH sides perspective and enjoy the banter back and forth.... it's why this board is here
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    The OL is one of the hardest positions to predict how well a HS player translates to college because so much depends on how well they develop and grow.

Very few OL get in the two deep their first year and are usually their 3rd year in before they start. Getting 4-5 every year that have good bodies, good foot work, good work ethic and can think is way more important than getting the top rated player in the State.

Right now State has 21 OL on the roster, 17 scholarships OL, 14 being freshman or sophomores with 3 more committed and I expect one or two more in this cycle. Leach values the OL position more than any other. The days are gone of missing out on one or two OL and then not getting but two OL in the class. That was Mullen's issue, not Leach's. So, yeah, just chill a bit. The OL recruiting is in good hands.

vCash
    Nobody wants fluff all the time. Thats ridiculous. It's the reason Sixpackspeak was started. That wasnt allowed on Jeanspage. You have to have a place to argue and speak freely about what is going on with our sports programs.

Elite was started to get away from the Mississippi Rebel trolls that would turn talking State sports into shitshows. But it was still about allowing difference of opinion and thought. Arguing sports is simply about who ends up being right and who ends up being wrong. Thats the fun in it.

We have the sunshine pumpers around here for sure. Especially right now before kickoff, it happens every season. A few people keep saying 10 wins is our ceiling. They are expecting huge leaps this season. Also expecting a badass top 3 in the SEC defense. 8-10 wins is 100% happening to this group

We have the "wait and see" crowd who have their concerns (of which I am a member) with what is going on. Lots of offensive questions with a team that should have a solid D. We see this year as a 5-7 win type year depending on how many of those questions get answered.

98% of people on this board fall into these 2 categories.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Nobody wants fluff all the time. Thats ridiculous. It's the reason Sixpackspeak was started. That wasnt allowed on Jeanspage. You have to have a place to argue and speak freely about what is going on with our sports programs.

Elite was started to get away from the Mississippi Rebel trolls that would turn talking State sports into shitshows. But it was still about allowing difference of opinion and thought. Arguing sports is simply about who ends up being right and who ends up being wrong. Thats the fun in it.

We have the sunshine pumpers around here for sure. Especially right now before kickoff, it happens every season. A few people keep saying 10 wins is our ceiling. They are expecting huge leaps this season. Also expecting a badass top 3 in the SEC defense. 8-10 wins is 100% happening to this group

We have the "wait and see" crowd who have their concerns (of which I am a member) with what is going on. Lots of offensive questions with a team that should have a solid D. We see this year as a 5-7 win type year depending on how many of those questions get answered.

I finally agree with you on something again...

I'm wait and see based on our offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    That's their opinion. They're allowed to have one, and they're allowed to be wrong. That's why it's an opinion. It's ok to think differently. I don't know when our society lost that knowledge.
    It's more than just an "opinion" on this board. And brother, that thought process doesn't go both ways on here either especially when those more inclined to be positive about the season are routinely ridiculed by others with their "opinions".

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Isn?t this what makes sports and fandom great though? I love that there are optimists, pessimists, and realists. Makes for a good message board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I don't where you are seeing these folks. Nobody around here is seriously thinking 10 wins.

Hell, I'm a "sunshine pumper" and I only see 7 wins with maybe a shot at 8 if some things fall our way.

vCash
    Want me to really blow your minds??? We have two other OL that we value over Hurst. We have changed the way we evaluate OL from the past. Our needs this cycle are tackles and Hurst is a guard all the way