Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of y'all need some Xanax

vCash

Some of y'all need some Xanax

I was going to post this in TrapGame's thread about Matt Wyatt's thoughts on scrimmage two, but decided I'd rather piss people off by putting this on the front page.

We have some 'fans' on this board that seem to want to trash our program at every opportunity.

All they want to talk about is how bad our Offense was last season. And don't get me wrong it WAS pretty bad. But let's review, shall we?

1) All-Everything Senior transfer QB that didn't work out. Again.
    2) WR corps trying to learn a completely new offensive route concepts on the fly.
    3) An All-Everything-Sure-Shot-NFL RB who QUIT ON HIS TEAM less than halfway through the season.
    4) 13 Transfers and 4 COVID Opt-outs killing our depth.
    5) Playing two games (Ole Miss and Georgia) with 50 players because of COVID instead of pussing out like some schools I could name.

With all that, we still improved as the year went on and beat a Mizzou team on a hot streak and knocked off a Top-25 team in our bowl game.

I don't expect a national title or Hell, even an SEC title this season. But if you can't see all the crap that went on last year and have some optimism around this team I don't know how you keep yourself from sucking off the nearest shotgun every day.

Lighten the F up.

vCash
    I like it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I was going to post this in TrapGame's thread about Matt Wyatt's thoughts on scrimmage two, but decided I'd rather piss people off by putting this on the front page.

We have some 'fans' on this board that seem to want to trash our program at every opportunity.

All they want to talk about is how bad our Offense was last season. And don't get me wrong it WAS pretty bad. But let's review, shall we?

2) WR corps trying to learn a completely new offensive route concepts on the fly.
    3) An All-Everything-Sure-Shot-NFL RB who QUIT ON HIS TEAM less than halfway through the season.
    5) Playing two games (Ole Miss and Georgia) with 50 players because of COVID instead of pussing out like some schools I could name.

With all that, we still improved as the year went on and beat a Mizzou team on a hot streak and knocked off a Top-25 team in our bowl game.

I don't expect a national title or Hell, even an SEC title this season. But if you can't see all the crap that went on last year and have some optimism around this team I don't know how you keep yourself from sucking off the nearest shotgun every day.

Lighten the F up.
    Spot on. Have some rep.

vCash
    I've never found any forum interesting where everyone wants 100% fluff all the time. An echo chamber of high 5s for mediocrity is a strange wish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I've never found any forum interesting where everyone wants 100% fluff all the time. An echo chamber of high 5s for mediocrity is a strange wish.
    You want it to be better? Pony up about half a million a year in NIL monies and get us some better players. That's our competition and then some. The Bama QB is already a millionaire.

You could just sponsor just the O Line and get us some guys. $250,000 a year might do that. Go for it, NIL is legal now.

vCash
    7, we haven't snapped a ball in a "real" game yet and some folks around here are already calling 4 or 5 wins as our max.

That's ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    You want it to be better? Pony up about half a million a year in NIL monies and get us some better players. That's our competition and then some. The Bama QB is already a millionaire.

You could just sponsor just the O Line and get us some guys. $250,000 a year might do that. Go for it, NIL is legal now.
    Great idea. Unless you personally compensate a player, never complain. Should make the board great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    7, we haven't snapped a ball in a "real" game yet and some folks around here are already calling 4 or 5 wins as our max.

That's ridiculous.
    Yeah, I think 4-5 wins as a ceiling is ridiculous. They should be called out for being dumb just like the ones that call out dumb expectations the other way

vCash
    For the record, my goal is look much better vs the drop 8 this year. If we meet this goal, we'll get some wins. I wanna see some major improvements offensively to give us a shot at 8-9 wins next year

vCash
    For the record, my goal is look much better vs the drop 8 this year. If we meet this goal, we'll get some wins. I wanna see some major improvements offensively to give us a shot at 8-9 wins next year
    Guess what we are working on this week?
    Last edited by TrapGame; 08-24-2021 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Writing a coherent sentence. Geez.

vCash

Lighten the F up.
    lolololololol Preach!

vCash

Lighten the F up.
    Thank you for some fu<king perspective. Much needed around here...

vCash
    An echo chamber of high 5s for mediocrity is a strange wish.
    I totally agree, btw.

That said, everything in the OP is still important context to where we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

That's ridiculous.
    And some of our posters are already wondering when our 4th string QB is gonna get the job because our true freshman QB last year is only "average"

vCash
    There is nothing wrong with a little preseason fluff from the insider guys, you just have to know how to read them and there will be plenty to bitch about later even if we have a good season

vCash
    I recommend Qualudes. It?s only August.

vCash
    Nor the opposite. In which this site is closer. Some of you just revel in bashing State at every chance with the guise of "just speaking the truth". Of course it's "I'm glad I was wrong, Hail State" when you're wrong. Win either way, I guess. Even the ppl with "inside knowledge" could just refrain sometimes, but no, gotta get the attention. And that's all it is really... look at me, I was RIGHT!

vCash
    [QUOTE=QuadrupleOption;1355498]I was going to post this in TrapGame's thread about Matt Wyatt's thoughts on scrimmage two, but decided I'd rather piss people off by putting this on the front page.

Oh yeah

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I want 6-8 yearly wins while making a run every 5 years or so with a senior laden team.

vCash
    What Leach accomplish win wise was no different than Mullen. Since 2009, we've averaged 3-4 SEC wins per year. 2014 was an outlier.