Thread: Miss. State women's basketball frontcourt

vCash

Miss. State women's basketball frontcourt

Women's basketball frontcourt appears to have a high talent level with the size players (6-2 to 6-5), though doesn't appear overly deep. My opinion, freshman wing Denae Carter..listed at 6 feet, and with 21 points and 12 rebounds per game last season in high school appears a good candidate, to come in and help this group. Wouldn't be surprised to see her at both the 3 and 4 spots. Where and how the coaching staff utilizes Tulane transfer Jerkaila Jordan factors as a big key to how some of these other players wil be used, though some will find their way regardless. Keep an eye on another of the bigger guard types...Jasmine Shavers (5-10..another good rebounder) as well. Knsha Gidfrey...liisted 5-9 is strong, and she's tough. Caterrion Thompson...5-11.

Guard heavy team with uptempo and pressure defense being big keys. Looking to get out in transition early and often, keep post players out of foul trouble. A lot of defense into offense. Guards deep, need them crashing the boards. Need Rickea Jackson hitting the boards hard, need her consistently rebounding at a high level. Jessika Carter on her A game on both ends, and stay out of foul trouble as much as she can. Need the other 2 post players on their A games as well. Ability to run the court, effort, rebounding, defense, and ablity to execute, help team go a long ways toward playing time/minutes with these 2.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 08-16-2021 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Comes down to Coaching I believe and if she can get the best out of the talent she's brought in..and control the locker room.
    Need to turn things around before she loses the program built before her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Comes down to Coaching I believe and if she can get the best out of the talent she's brought in..and control the locker room.
    She's already lost "the program built before her". She has almost all different players and different coaches. It is not the same program even if she wins at the same level Vic did. This year will show if her program can be successful or not.

vCash
    AMEN!

vCash
    Comes down to Coaching.
    So we're 17ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    So we're 17ed.
    Probably, but I have seen some successful coaches just have a toxic relationship to a particular group of players without the players or the coach being particularly bad. Just make a coach look awful, but then, when the team rolls over, despite not really upgrading in talent much, if at all, and they suddenly looked well coached again. Granted, I've only seen that at the high school level, but I assume it occasionally happens at the college level also.

vCash
    I have zero confidence in this coach, so yeah we're 17ed.

vCash
    The league is a lot better now. Vic would have a tougher time if he were still here. That probably doesn't translate well to our current position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Probably, but I have seen some successful coaches just have a toxic relationship to a particular group of players without the players or the coach being particularly bad. Just make a coach look awful, but then, when the team rolls over, despite not really upgrading in talent much, if at all, and they suddenly looked well coached again. Granted, I've only seen that at the high school level, but I assume it occasionally happens at the college level also.
    The toxic relationship may have come from Vic being a father figure and McCray-Pinson trying to be a sister figure. Didn?t work with last years group. Maybe she has brought in the assistants that will work their butts off while she mother hens them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Women's basketball frontcourt appears to have a high talent level with the size players (6-2 to 6-5), though doesn't appear overly deep. My opinion, freshman wing Denae Carter..listed at 6 feet, and with 21 points and 12 rebounds per game last season in high school appears a good candidate, to come in and help this group. Wouldn't be surprised to see her at both the 3 and 4 spots. Where and how the coaching staff utilizes Tulane transfer Jerkaila Jordan factors as a big key to how some of these other players wil be used, though some will find their way regardless. Keep an eye on another of the bigger guard types...Jasmine Shavers (5-10..another good rebounder) as well. Knsha Gidfrey...liisted 5-9 is strong, and she's tough. Caterrion Thompson...5-11.

Guard heavy team with uptempo and pressure defense being big keys. Looking to get out in transition early and often, keep post players out of foul trouble. A lot of defense into offense. Guards deep, need them crashing the boards. Need Rickea Jackson hitting the boards hard, need her consistently rebounding at a high level. Jessika Carter on her A game on both ends, and stay out of foul trouble as much as she can. Need the other 2 post players on their A games as well. Ability to run the court, effort, rebounding, defense, and ablity to execute, help team go a long ways toward playing time/minutes with these 2.
    You should try participating in some of our other conversations and not just come here and post for women's basketball So that it builds your credibility just a little bit.

vCash
    I don’t claim to be a great basketball recruiting guru, or X’s and O’s wizard. But I recognize effort when I see it. And our girls played so much harder and tougher under Vic. Hope Nikki can get that out of them. We were much softer and lazy last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I don?t claim to be a great basketball recruiting guru, or X?s and O?s wizard. But I recognize effort when I see it. And our girls played so much harder and tougher under Vic. Hope Nikki can get that out of them. We were much softer and lazy last year.
    Team definitely appears to have played harder, more effort, and tougher under Coach Schaefer. Coaching, player development, toughness, and effort level (intense and extreme) are 4 of the big keys that got the program to where they were. Coach Schaefer tended to field blue collar teams.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 08-21-2021 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    As for credibility on this board....
    My opinion, credibility on this board depends heavily on dislike or even hate for Coach McCray-Penson, your stance regarding race/politics/social/ect, and being in with the anti-woke crowd on here. Lineup in these type areas...helps (with some) your credibility tremendously in these basketball conversations

vCash
    My opinion, credibility on this board depends heavily on dislike or even hate for Coach McCray-Penson, your stance regarding race/politics/social/ect, and being in with the anti-woke crowd on here. Lineup in these type areas...helps (with some) your credibility tremendously in these basketball conversations
    Take the race bullshit to the house!

vCash
    I only hate one thing and that’s LOSING and right now CNP hasn’t shown us she’s not a loser. Whenever a person has no legitimate response to a suggestion, they automatically lay down that race card which comes from years of keeping it in their back pocket to use as a distraction from the real problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Like John Cohen's first two years?**

vCash
    FU

vCash
    This is incredibly ignorant. Do you really think the people spending this much time on a sports message board give a crap about race? Let me give you some knowledge: win games!

vCash
    Are you Mrs. Cohen?