Thread: North Carolina

vCash

North Carolina

What is the difference between North Carolina and Midatippi Tate.

Why in the world are they looking like they are turning the table and it doesn't seem like we are, or can, or want to climb the ladder to the upper tear.

I think they are showing that if everyone actually buys in, a team can climb to the top. Or at least make smoke to the point that everyone has a little fear towards us.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    They don?t play LSU, Auburn, Bama, A&M every season

vCash
    Cool unis. More academic prestige. A coach known for being a great recruiter. Easier to rack up wins in the ACC than the SEC west. Honestly, they are a little bit of a sleeping giant.

Banned
    vCash
    Their hoops recruiters are working OT for football too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Shut it down. No more answers needed.

vCash
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Cool unis. More academic prestige. A coach known for being a great recruiter. Easier to rack up wins in the ACC than the SEC west. Honestly, they are a little bit of a sleeping giant.
    Academics? What does academics have to do with college sports these days - read other threads on NIL and creative ways to get recruits money! ***************

vCash
    I am not crapping on you, but, I don't buy this. a few reasons:

1. players want to play in the best conference, where they are seen the most. I feel like we get more TV time than they do and by far the better conference.
    2. outside of Bama the playing field with the other three is basically par for the course.
    3. Maybe I am hard headed, or just to young. But, I just cannot accept that we cant get to that position. Heck with a freshman team we honestly should have gone 3-1 against that group last year. A&M sucked when they came into our house. and Auburn just got lucky.

We have a proven coach just like them, yes I do think their brand is better (thanks basketball) but, we do have baseball. Baseball has been pretty good for a long time. I feel like we are just a few pieces left of buyin somewhere in the athletic department away from really making those moves.

vCash
    Just go spend time there in North Carolina and it is pretty easy to figure out. Population, city, and their academic reputation does translate in that area of the country for athletes.

But one thing in common to us, we are both "flagships" of our state ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I am not crapping on you, but, I don't buy this. a few reasons:

1. players want to play for the best teams in the best conferencesin the best conference, where they are seen the most. I feel like we get more TV time than they do and by far the better conference.
    2. outside of Bama the playing field with the other three is basically par for the course.
    3. Maybe I am hard headed, or just to young. But, I just cannot accept that we cant get to that position. Heck with a freshman team we honestly should have gone 3-1 against that group last year. A&M sucked when they came into our house. and Auburn just got lucky.

We have a proven coach just like them, yes I do think their brand is better (thanks basketball) but, we do have baseball. Baseball has been pretty good for a long time. I feel like we are just a few pieces left of buyin somewhere in the athletic department away from really making those moves.
    Fixed it for you. Talented guys don't say hey let's go play for a bad team in a good conference because I'll get exposure.

And I think we are severely underestimating the value an education still holds. Academically we need to be more competitive and that's going to make some of a difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Academics? What does academics have to do with college sports these days - read other threads on NIL and creative ways to get recruits money! ***************
    Unfortunately, not very much if at all. Or at least college football and basketball.

vCash
    Another thing , is Mack Brown is loved in that state by alumni, for what he did in his first stint there. He and his wife actually have always had a summer home near Boone, NC and would frequent there even while he was the coach at TX. The base was excited on his return, and they are convincing in state kids to play for UNC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Another thing , is Mack Brown is loved in that state by alumni, for what he did in his first stint there. He and his wife actually have always had a summer home near Boone, NC and would frequent there even while he was the coach at TX. The base was excited on his return, and they are convincing in state kids to play for UNC.
    Pretty good competition though, with NC State, and Duke all in the same vicinity. I think NC State may have a better team this year than UNC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Fixed it for you. Talented guys don't say hey let's go play for a bad team in a good conference because I'll get exposure.

And I think we are severely underestimating the value an education still holds. Academically we need to be more competitive and that's going to make some of a difference.
    You aren't wrong, but, that doesn't negate the other points. I think that we are on pare with most folks in this league. At least with on field product outside of Bama. We will really tell starting in 11 days and 43 minutes.