Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt's Latest Better Than Average: Second Scrimmage

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I would wager the vast majority of "inside" guys even here were fooled by Moorhead's smoke and mirrors. Just about every pundit out there praising the hire didn't help with the trimming of the wool, either, lol. Plenty of people were snookered by that mook. I know I certainly was. It's not a sign of weakness admitting that, fyi....

I will say that I like Matt's commentary, mainly because he's actually a football guy, and can add analytical rigor to his discussion that others flatly can't. I certainly don't feel lied to by him. Others on our beat, not so much...
    Matt is the best for folks like me who never played or coached IMO. love how he stops the tape and explains positioning, mistakes, and how other team took advantage and made a play. I will miss him if he gets a national gig but would be happy for him. I gotta feeling he will get one.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Matt Wyatt needs to be on SEC Nation. The fact that he isn't is an indication more on ESPN than MWyatt.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Agree, Buckethead. But I hope he hangs around and keeps is radio show and color commentary.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    To add to Matt’s episode, take a listen to Rosebowl on Bo Bounds show this morning. “For all the talk about how bad our offense is Will Rogers had 4 drives and 3 of them ended in touchdowns” (if this sounds familiar to you guys it should). He went on to talk about how people on message boards with sources basically have none and he’s pretty much correct. Both Matt and Rose were at the scrimmage but someone with 3rd hand info said we sucked and Will scored from the 20 yard line twice so it must be true. Nevermind the other 2 actually saw the scrimmage with their own eyes.
    Last edited by Jarius; 08-24-2021 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    To add to Matt’s episode, take a listen to Rosebowl on Bo Bounds show this morning. “For all the talk about how bad our offense is Will Rogers had 4 drives and 3 of them ended in touchdowns” (if this sounds familiar to you guys it should). He went on to talk about how people on message boards with sources basically have none and he’s pretty much correct. Both Matt and Rose were at the scrimmage but someone with 3rd hand info said we sucked and Will scored from the 20 yard line twice so it must be true. Nevermind the other 2 actually saw the scrimmage with their own eyes.
    Hell, I didn't even post the breakdown Matt had of the 1st team OL vs 1st team D. Heads would have exploded and dogs would have been kicked b/c it's supposed all gloom and doom. We can't have an actual football guy breakdown stats and positions from a scrimmage he witnessed and give us an honest opinion that's positive.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 08-24-2021 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Clarifying comments.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Matt Wyatt needs to be on SEC Nation. The fact that he isn't is an indication more on ESPN than MWyatt.
    Really amusing why he's not. Ole Miss 17 still must still be running the show. SEC still pissed about us "Croomin" coaches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Why would he when he practically works for himself from home. No amount of money or fame can replace that when you have a family. He literally gets off his show early if he has to pick up his little girl. That's awesome.

vCash
    I tell you what I want. I want our media to sing our praises and that?s it. Nothing negative. Constant sunshine pumping. When we win? It?s expected. When we lose drive home the excuses. Why? Because perception is reality. Look at Ole Miss. They have sucked for about 6 years but their media has been relentless with their image building. Because of this their fans buy in, the National media buys in, and recruits buy in. Eventually this leads to that perception becoming a reality. This is the actual way (outside of winning an NC) that a program takes the next step. No amount of 6 or 7 win seasons will have the same impact unfortunately. Everyone has to pull the same direction.

Some of you will find this distasteful. Some would prefer an unbiased take from our media. You would rather us lose your way than win a different way. Keep that in mind when complaining about head coaches that do the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Some of you will find this distasteful. Some would prefer an unbiased take from our media. You would rather us lose your way than win a different way. Keep that in mind when complaining about head coaches that do the same thing.
    Some people, especially fans of a historically mostly mediocre to bad program such as ours, just want to be miserable. Instead of getting excited and looking for positive outlooks, risking getting crushed when the emotional investment doesn't come to fruition, they'd rather hedge their expectations in the gutter. If their predictions play out, they have the gratification of being "right" among their peers, and if they're wrong, they still get to be pleasantly surprised and share in the celebration.

Banned
    vCash
    Positive sunshine with no Baghdad Bobs.