Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd the Scrimmage Today Go?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    **** settling down. If you are giving stats don?t omit all of the good stats, the difference in the scrimmage by the way.
    We also played without our starting right tackle today. Lashley was out as a precautionary measure but he is fine. That should also be considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    **** settling down. If you are giving stats don?t omit all of the good stats, the difference in the scrimmage by the way.
    Will threw 2 TD's on the same possession. Drives started at midfield and in the redzone. He ran the read option, but he is off limits for contact. I have been to practice and sometimes what you read from Paul and your $9 a month doesn't tell the whole story. Most of these stats are irrelevant, but it's all we have to talk about. Homedawg brought you some info, he forgot to include the TD passes, but it's not that big of a deal. It all meaningless b/c we aren't going to see much man to man defense all year anyway.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Will threw 2 TD's on the same possession. Drives started at midfield and in the redzone. He ran the read option, but he is off limits for contact. I have been to practice and sometimes what you read from Paul and your $9 a month doesn't tell the whole story. Most of these stats are irrelevant, but it's all we have to talk about. Homedawg brought you some info, he forgot to include the TD passes, but it's not that big of a deal. It all meaningless b/c we aren't going to see much man to man defense all year anyway.

Will did not throw 2 touchdown passes in the same possession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Vs man 2 man, Costello put up 10.4 yds/att vs lsu. Not to impressed with our numbers if it was vs man 2 man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Vs man 2 man, Costello put up 10.4 yds/att vs lsu. Not to impressed with our numbers if it was vs man 2 man
    Our defense, I think, is hell of a lot better than what LSU put on the field against us last year

vCash
    It was a scrimmage though, so maybe we were working on certain things

vCash
    Yep, agree. I haven't been to any practices this year, but apparently we haven't worked agains the 3-8 all fall. We have been going 1's vs 1's so we have been running our defense. Hopefully, the scout team will give us some good looks the next 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Will was 13-27 for 160 yards and a pick six. Have to play better than that. And maybe the line sucked, don't know, wasn't there. But those numbers won't work. Not when you are 5.9 yards per attempt and less than 50% and a pick six.
    So another words expect the same this fall as last fall.

vCash
    Hoops is preach preach is hoops. Meaning. Y'all scan Twitter FB and message boards get your intel pass Then pass it off as if You talked to a staff member. Only concentrate on the negatives of practice... again PRACTICE... then you'll come on here and say I'm wrong I spoke to the staff member or I had dinner Louisville with a media member. Rises repeat. Maybe stick to hoops...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Hoops is preach preach is hoops. Meaning. Y'all scan Twitter FB and message boards get your intel pass Then pass it off as if You talked to a staff member. Only concentrate on the negatives of practice... again PRACTICE... then you'll come on here and say I'm wrong I spoke to the staff member or I had dinner Louisville with a media member. Rises repeat. Maybe stick to hoops...
    Lay off hoops, he wants to be good, but he doesn't just rely on hope like most here

vCash
    Our defense will be good.

I'm still not sold on our offense.

vCash
    If you have issues with erectile disfunction, say away from these QB stats. They are not your friend...**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Thats funny. Homedawg 100% knows people on staff. Poor guy even had to deal with a previous staff member as a neighbor
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    If you have issues with erectile disfunction, say away from these QB stats. They are not your friend...**
    I would have liked to see you post the Iverson clip "talking about practice"...

Essentially, that's what today was. Why is everyone worried about practice stats????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    I would have liked to see you post the Iverson clip "talking about practice"...

Essentially, that's what today was. Why is everyone worried about practice stats????
    If we had a history of performing well in actual games, I would t be concerned. You remember our last game offensively?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If we had a history of performing well in actual games, I would t be concerned. You remember our last game offensively?
    It was sleeting and 31 degrees. We may be complete garbage on offense but everyone that has seen us practice is pretty adamant that we are improved offensively. If we have 3 touchdowns every 4 possessions this year we will be fine. I’m most concerned that we have not seen the drop 8 all camp though. Nothing we have seen all camp even remotely resembles the defenses we will face all year and that is concerning.

vCash
    To be fair it was 30, sleeting amd raining, and 20 mph wind. Mizzou before that was pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    To be fair it was 30, sleeting amd raining, and 20 mph wind. Mizzou before that was pretty good.
    They were also missing their best defensive player. I thought we performed well offensively in 2 games last year: LSU and mizzou

vCash
    At this point in camp our DBs can probably run the routes with our Receivers.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    They were also missing their best defensive player. I thought we performed well offensively in 2 games last year: LSU and mizzou
    True on mizzou.

I thought we were pretty good at Georgia vs that defense.
    Not bad vs OM and that horrible defense.

If we just clean up the turnovers and bad snaps that killed numerous drives we will be much better. I don't expect us to be dynamic, but we can be solid.