Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High school football scores

vCash

High school football scores

With 7 minutes left in the first half Greenville Christian is leading Jackson Prep 28-3. GCU quarterback is legit.

vCash
    Halftime GCU 34 - Jackson Prep 13
    Halftime JA 9 - Starkville Academy 0

vCash
    Halftime MRA 35 Natchez Cathedral 7

vCash
    Greenville Christian. I?m old enough to remember when Gary Schaffhauser was going to be the next Rockey Felker. Saw him play as a kid. His head looked like part of the center?s butt, just like Rockey. Could run the hell out of the option.

And now they?re stomping prep. Wow.

Tells me I need to import some talent to LA in about 10 years.

vCash
    End of 3 - GCU 42 Jackson Prep 13
    3rd quarter- JA 30 - Starkville Academy 0
    3rd quarter MRA 42 Natchez Cathedral 7

vCash
    Final GCU 48 Jackson Prep 13
    GCU quarterback threw for 589 yards. GCU went for 2 after every td. They don't appear to have a field goal kicker.

vCash
    Final JA 37 Starkville Academy 0
    Final MRA 54 Natchez Cathedral 7

vCash
    Funny how things evolve. Greenville Christian was pretty much on the brink of closing and not even having a football team 10 years ago it seems like.

vCash
    I?m pretty sure Washington School will not play GCS because of all those ?transfers?.

vCash
    Greenville Christian is an all-star team this year. They gonna roll.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Funny how things evolve. Greenville Christian was pretty much on the brink of closing and not even having a football team 10 years ago it seems like.
    I did not know Greenville Christian existed. I looked over the past few years and they went 4-6, 4-7, 11-1 and 2-0 so far this season. They have 33 on the roster and 20 seniors. At least 3 are committed to USM and another to MSU. If I remember correctly a few of the others are also committed or being heavily recruited. They play a team out of Georgia in a couple of weeks that is nationally ranked. Amazing talent. However I?m curious if they can reload next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    I did not know Greenville Christian existed. I looked over the past few years and they went 4-6, 4-7, 11-1 and 2-0 so far this season. They have 33 on the roster and 20 seniors. At least 3 are committed to USM and another to MSU. If I remember correctly a few of the others are also committed or being heavily recruited. They play a team out of Georgia in a couple of weeks that is nationally ranked. Amazing talent. However I?m curious if they can reload next season.
    Amazing what "scholarships" can do for a private school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Amazing what "scholarships" can do for a private school
    Amazing how quickly the non scholarship kids find out how badly they suck compared to the scholarship kids at sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    Amazing how quickly the non scholarship kids find out how badly they suck compared to the scholarship kids at sports.
    Yep. My nieces and nephews go to a small catholic school on the coast. Every year when kids get to the 9th grade some daddies think their sons are all world and send their kids to the Public schools or the Large Catholic school in the Bay for better sporting opportunities. None of them ever see the field or court and usually quit sports. To paraphase Andy Taylor Nothing wrong with being the big fish in a little pond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    Air Raid for life
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-21-2021 at 09:19 AM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Final GCU 48 Jackson Prep 13
    GCU quarterback threw for 589 yards. GCU went for 2 after every td. They don't appear to have a field goal kicker.
    Is that QB a senior?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Is that QB a senior?
    I believe so and I heard the Prep announcers say he had a D1 offer but never heard from where.

vCash
    No doubt private schools are using the scholarship opportunities. But remember that public schools offer every athlete free tuition, which is a definite advantage. And they raid the private schools for talent when they can. Madison Central recruited Chaz Ramsey from JA, Jared Foster from Canton Academy, and many others. Everybody wants an advantage. Recruitment happens everywhere. But I’ve never seen a program put together quite like GC.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    It?s easier for private schools to go outside of the district. At least with public you have to live or appear to live in the school district.

vCash
    The story I have been told is when the delta public schools chose to skip football last year, a non-profit organization put together a plan to make sure the better players primarily from Greenwood HS had a place to play. I don?t know the relationship to GCS other than that?s where they ended up. GCS has no money and I would bet their supporters don?t have the money to pay for extra kids to go to school. The non-profit is covering. TFWIW.