Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So if Chance Lovertich beats out Will Rogers....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Chance isn't beating out Will.
    I really dont think its the competition that its being made out to be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Please make a different bet. Both of you are solid posters that bring quality to the board.
    I second this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Haha I appreciate that. Will doesnt need anyone to anyone to fight his battles for him.

I am just telling yall, he is a winner. Period. Winners win.
    "Here's the deal Dick, Im the best there is. Plain and Simple. I mean I wake up every morning and I piss Excellence."

vCash
    Please make a different bet. Both of you are solid posters that bring quality to the board.
    For real. The board already lost Cooter recently and with Shotgun now a shell of his/her former posting self, losing one of you two is detrimental to the overall health and readability of the board. Really wish yall'd figure something else out.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    For real. The board already lost Cooter recently and with Shotgun now a shell of his/her former posting self, losing one of you two is detrimental to the overall health and readability of the board. Really wish yall'd figure something else out.
    What happened to cooter?

vCash
    Not saying I don?t think Rogers doesn?t have the potential to be a really good tenured QB, but if Sawyer is so far behind and isn?t making progress that is bad news. That is a big whiff because he was such a highly rated recruit.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Not saying I don?t think Rogers doesn?t have the potential to be a really good tenured QB, but if Sawyer is so far behind and isn?t making progress that is bad news. That is a big whiff because he was such a highly rated recruit.
    Matt Wyatt, Brian Hadad, and Robbie Faulk have all said just this week that Sawyer has practiced well lately and they believe if he were here in spring that he would be competing for the starting job right now. Will is clearly the guy right now Per them, but I don’t believe Sawyer is practicing poorly for a true freshman that didn’t get here until 2 months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    What happened to cooter?
    He was ragging on pitching decisions and said it would cost us a natty. Said I think a 6 month ban if we actually won it because our pitching decisions were so bad. Fortunately he was wrong and it's pretty funny but wish he would let it go and come back on. He's a man of his word it seems.

vCash
    Well I will say this, if it ruffled some feathers for you then maybe you were my intended audience. If Rogers hold the job, which I believe and hope he will, GREAT. A kid who competed last year against SEC ONLY defenses has identical numbers to Madkin who played against teams like Vandy,SCar, ETSU and Alabama is not even comparable. Hell Arkansa was ranked in top 5. Not to mention the speed today is totally different than average team speed in 98. Fast will always be fast but overall numbers athletes are more numerous and consistent today than in 98.

As far as Cooter and others criticizing Lem during season on pitching usage, I think you just sat through a Master level class on pitching management. It is a closed case now, we are all fans and entitled to our opinions and frustrations BUT back off the coaches and players. These guys and kids are being paid to do something next to non of you have done or will ever do. Grab your popcorn and beer sit down and shut up. Enjoy the sports while we still can. I truly believe amateur athletics is a thing of the past. Enjoy it while it lasts and HAIL STATE
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 08-18-2021 at 09:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Well I will say this, if it ruffled some feathers for you then maybe you were my intended audience. If Rogers hold the job, which I believe and hope he will, GREAT. A kid who competed last year against SEC ONLY defenses has identical numbers to Madkin who played against teams like Vandy,SCar, ETSU and Alabama is not even comparable. Hell Arkansa was ranked in top 5. Not to mention the speed today is totally different than average team speed in 98. Fast will always be fast but overall numbers athletes are more numerous and consistent today than in 98.

As far as Cooter and others criticizing Lem during season on pitching usage, I think you just sat through a Master level class on pitching management. It is a closed case now, we are all fans and entitled to our opinions and frustrations BUT back off the coaches and players. These guys and kids are being paid to do something next to non of you have done or will ever do. Grab your popcorn and beer sit down and shut up. Enjoy the sports while we still can. I truly believe amateur athletics is a thing of the past. Enjoy it while it lasts and HAIL STATE
    You're right different era...
    Avg sec passer rating in 1998: 119.5
    Avg sec passer rating in 2020: 145.5

So, madkin was slightly above avg, and will was well below.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...8-passing.html

Strange that you guys take comparing will to madkin as an insult. Why you guys shitting on the only qb we've had that played in Atlanta?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He was ragging on pitching decisions and said it would cost us a natty. Said I think a 6 month ban if we actually won it because our pitching decisions were so bad. Fortunately he was wrong and it's pretty funny but wish he would let it go and come back on. He's a man of his word it seems.
    I have nothing but respect for that. Super annoying, but respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Strange that you guys take comparing will to madkin as an insult. Why you guys shitting on the only qb we've had that played in Atlanta?
    That '41 team would have gone to Atlanta and won if the war wasn't going on, and well, if we had a SEC Championship game.

But, I get your point.

vCash

I did this incorrectly. Mean would be a much better picture of what's the average passer rating for each year was. Maybe someone will work that out for me, busy

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Will most of you phone in the season?
    I'll say this. We are in FARRRRRR better shape at QB than our rivals. If Golden Corrall goes down they are royally f******
    No Signature

vCash
    So what would you want to be better stat wise? I am not following your logic. Madkin had a much better situation in 98 than Rogers had last year, would you agree with that? Here are the stats, I am bored and off for next 3 weeks so I had the time. Madkin in 12 games including crappy teams such as Alabama, ETSU etc.. 96 of 199 completion percentage of 48.2 for 1532 yds with a passer rating of 122.1

Rogers in 9 games not even all started was 239 for 346 for 1976 yds and 69.1 completion percentage with a passer rating 123.5

Not crapping on what Wayne did, it was great but that team was built for running and the defense was pretty good too. You are arguing against a kid that was a true freshman with no fall or real practice time that was not even getting first team reps until week 3, playing in a new system with which the surrounding players were not even remotely recruited for because we were a run first, second and sometimes 3rd down team. Not to mention only playing SEC teams that were told just drop 5 yds back and sit in this zone.

Will Rogers is a much better throwing win than Madkin ever was and he is just getting his feet under him. Sawyer I think will be really good, maybe even better long term but right now this year, Rogers is the best option going forward.

Anyone that is saying dofferent is just being a contrarian. Or troll.

vCash

I didn't take it as an insult. I took it as you proving my point.

vCash
    Whatever happens at least Lovertich is a legacy, his granddad was like a three sport guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    Agreed, ban bets should be banned or at least a duration of no longer than a week or something. I disagree with a bunch of guys on this message board but I don't want all yes men either.

Just agree to disagree and bet a steak dinner or something.

Banned
    vCash
    at least make it for a month or something.

Banned
    vCash
    I just want a QB that is the new standard for QBs in our league for the next 20 years. I want everyone to be compared to him.