Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So if Chance Lovertich beats out Will Rogers....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Either way, I am looking for 7k passing yards and 1500 rushing out of one guy. As close as we can get to it. Do it, and we win.
    I think if we brought back Tyson Lee and put him in this offense he could easily achieve those numbers

vCash
    Either way, I am looking for 7k passing yards and 1500 rushing out of one guy. As close as we can get to it. Do it, and we win.
    Well, why just 7000 and 1500 if were asking for stupid things that have no chance of happening? How about 10,000 and 3,000? Or how bout 5 miles and 2 miles?

How about Tom Brady and Cam Newton have a love child, we get in a time machine travel to the future to when that child is 18, bring her back (why not a "her"?) and she throw, run AND catch every TD pass that we score for 3 years straight before she goes to the NFL to be the star player of the Patriots while also being commissioner of the NFL and President of the United States all at the same time?

I mean why not, right?? Do it, and we win.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If I was a betting man, I?d bet that Will is the starter for next three years. As long as Leach is the coach.
    I'd take that bet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I was impressed with Rogers' accuracy last year. If we can give him time to throw and the receivers can get a little separation, I think he can be very good.
    He was a true freshman cast into the top spot because all eggs were placed in the basket of a Grad Transfer who ended up having PTSD by the second game.

He was somewhat accurate on the 10 yard throws to a stationary receiver and to Walley on the drag route across the middle. And he threw a few dimes to our athletic receivers in the 20-25 yard range.

I was more concerned about how many times he threw behind or high to a back leaking out into the flat that made them adjust to catch it giving the DB or LB time to close and hold them to no gain or a 2 or 3 yard gain. Same with the quick pass out on the edge with a WR in front to block. He was supposed to lead them into the pass giving them forward motion to escape an arm tackle. But instead he threw it where they were standing or high.

vCash
    Yep. But some like Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahommes overcomes OL play. We basically need a Superman back there. Not too much to ask.
    Neither one of those guys was good enough to overcome bad oline play. Neither one of those teams finished anywhere in the national polls very high. Apparently you don't remember us demolishing Lamar in a bowl game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'd take that bet.
    Leave early or get beat out?

vCash
    Football outsiders ranked our oline pretty high...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...overallol/2020

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe so. So you predicting a 4-year starter out of will?
    That is a done deal barring an injury. No matter how much some of yall dont want it. Robertson is not beating Will unless he is the 2nd coming. He is not in the same league as of now. This is Wills team. Ask them

vCash
    Madkin in 1998 was basically equal.
    Madkin passer rating: 122.1
    Rogers passer rating: 123.5
    You are smarter than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    That is a done deal barring an injury. No matter how much some of yall dont want it. Robertson is not beating Will unless he is the 2nd coming. He is not in the same league as of now. This is Wills team. Ask them
    Bucky they started picking on Will when you were at football practice so I had to step in and help you out LOL

vCash
    Madkin led us to Atlanta as a true freshman. He made some huge plays to beat ark.

I just don't think will is anything more than a place holder till we get a difference maker. Will isn't bad, and he isn't good... just an avg qb. We won't win with an avg QB in this system
    I will make a posting ban bet with you that Robertson never takes his spot. Right now

vCash
    Also, Matt Wyatt, who most agree is the only expert we have on football in the media, made a list of the 5 most important guys to not get injured this season. Maybe you guys should listen to that take and who was numero uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Bucky they started picking on Will when you were at football practice so I had to step in and help you out LOL
    Haha I appreciate that. Will doesnt need anyone to anyone to fight his battles for him.

I am just telling yall, he is a winner. Period. Winners win.

vCash
    I feel more confident in saying that Robertson starts in Dudy Noble before he starts over number 2

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Neither one of those guys was good enough to overcome bad oline play. Neither one of those teams finished anywhere in the national polls very high. Apparently you don't remember us demolishing Lamar in a bowl game.
    I remember Lamar winning a heisman. I will take a heisman winner. Both elevated their teams higher than we have been outside of our temporary run to number 1.

vCash
    I remember Lamar winning a heisman. I will take a heisman winner. Both elevated their teams higher than we have been outside of our temporary run to number 1.
    Lamar would have never won that playing against SEC defenses every week. Perspective.

vCash
    Haha I appreciate that. Will doesnt need anyone to anyone to fight his battles for him.

I am just telling yall, he is a winner. Period. Winners win.
    I agree 100%. I just can't believe the guys forgetting that he was a true freshman and not giving him some grace to improve.

vCash
    I will make a posting ban bet with you that Robertson never takes his spot. Right now
    Done.

vCash
    Done.
    Bet

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Please make a different bet. Both of you are solid posters that bring quality to the board.